Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Vredestein Sessanta tires question?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-09, 09:20 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Vredestein Sessanta tires question?

Hi,

Not too many people I know have these tires, so I dont expect alot of replies.... Anyways, I have 275's in the back and 245's in front. So, I cant do a normal rotation. Does anyone know if I can swap these tires left to right ? Or just flip them ? Have you done this or know anyone who did ?

Thanks
Old 07-09-09, 06:06 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

rotate side to side... no need to dismount / mount...
Old 07-09-09, 08:06 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

You cannot flip them or rotate them. Not only are the uni-directional, but also only one side goes out. You'll notice the inside sidewall tells you inside only.

Good thing they sponsored me.....don't have to worry about tire wear.....
Old 07-09-09, 11:16 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Originally Posted by MrMark
You cannot flip them or rotate them. Not only are the uni-directional, but also only one side goes out. You'll notice the inside sidewall tells you inside only.

Good thing they sponsored me.....don't have to worry about tire wear.....
Too bad they didn't sponsor someone who knows what the hell they are talking about...

They are not unidirectional, they are asymmetrical only... Asymmetric tires can be rotated side to side or front to back with zero harm, so long as the tire sizes are the same all the way around... Cars with different sizes front to rear and asymmetric tires can only rotate side to side...

They cannot be flipped on the wheel, but they can be rotated....
Old 07-10-09, 04:18 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
Too bad they didn't sponsor someone who knows what the hell they are talking about...

They are not unidirectional, they are asymmetrical only... Asymmetric tires can be rotated side to side or front to back with zero harm, so long as the tire sizes are the same all the way around... Cars with different sizes front to rear and asymmetric tires can only rotate side to side...

They cannot be flipped on the wheel, but they can be rotated....

Too bad you don't have the tires in front of you to see what the sidewall says.....so feel free to rotate to your hearts content....
Old 07-10-09, 04:38 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Originally Posted by MrMark
Too bad you don't have the tires in front of you to see what the sidewall says.....so feel free to rotate to your hearts content....
damn man, I worked in the tire and wheel industry for almost 10 years... I've seen the tires, in fact, I mounted one of the first sets of them in the US for SEMA years ago...

when you rotate an asymmetric tire, the part that says "inside" stays on the inside, period... rotate doesn't mean take the tire off and turn it around on the wheel, the tire stays the same on the wheel...

I'll bet you my next paycheck that if you were to jack up the *** end of your car, pull the right rear tire and wheel off, put it on the left rear, and vice versa, that it would still say "inside" on both tires, thus meaning that you can rotate without problems...

where you do run into problems with performance tires is when they are directional... directional tires can only be rotated front to rear...

honestly, its part of the reason many manufacturers use asymmetric tires anymore...
Old 07-10-09, 04:56 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Then I stand corrected....the tread pattern "looked" directional.
Old 07-10-09, 11:40 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks guys! Too bad these cant be flipped
Old 07-10-09, 07:30 PM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the same setup with these tires.. I have only switched the fronts from the right to the left and vice versa but with the rim intact.. I did not remove the tires from the rims.
Old 07-22-09, 08:19 AM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

From the people who own, owned or have experience with these tires. I would love to hear your likes/ dis-likes and comparisons to other ultra high performance tires you have owned or have had experience with. I am very interested in these tires and the nitto invo but have no seat time with either. Thanks
Old 07-28-09, 08:58 AM
robbys3m3
Driver

unfortunately i dont think tirerack does, but where is the best place to buy these tires?
Old 07-29-09, 12:32 PM
mpatrizio
Driver School Candidate

I had a set on my wife's X5 and loved them. They got a noisy after 23k miles, but it was time to change them. I rate them as high as just about any tire I've installed on my BMWs. The aggressive tread pattern and the great price when compared to Brigestone and Michelin make them winners in my book.

I've had lots of luck lately with Falken Azenis and the super cheap Nexens.