Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

RBWHEELS.com =Avoid Buying from them

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-09, 10:59 AM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody know of a similar company that is Better?
Old 05-28-09, 11:02 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow good thing I read this thread. I was about to drop my wheels off to get it refinished and resealed. Where did you get yours resealed?
Old 05-28-09, 04:32 PM
integlspwr
Pole Position

anyone know other sites simliar to rbwheels that sells used aftermarket wheels?
Old 05-28-09, 10:30 PM
2turbo1sup
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about your misforture, but I had my Volk GT-Us repaired by them about a couple of months ago and they turned out perfect; no leaks, proper balancing and what not. I personally drove to socal and dropped them off, then picked it up the next day. I had them prioritize and rush my repair since I was only visiting for a few days and they came through. The shop was staffed by nice people and they were very helpful

Here was the extent of the damage when I crashed my MKIV:
front-

rear-

after the repair-

I daily drive my sc, and so far there has been no leaks and maintained constant pressure. Wheelworks and wheels america wont even touch them and claimed that they are beyond repair. I commute to san francisco, and well all know how messed up the roads are there, but the wheels held up with absolutely no signs of strain or weakening on the damaged area.

Last edited by 2turbo1sup; 05-28-09 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-29-09, 05:39 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've bought a set of rims from them in the past and know plenty of others who have used them and have gotten a great deal.

If you call them and ask them the condition of the wheels, they have been extremely honest.

It would be foolish of them to try to deceive customers and not only that, it wouldn't make any sense. They refurbish wheels so what would be the point?
Old 06-10-09, 10:01 AM
Drutort
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Twan0690
Does anybody know of a similar company that is Better?
i had the same Q what are some other websites similar? i mean there has to be other places that at least sell used wheels, not necessary refinishing them or what not, but there has to be more then one business online :P
Old 06-10-09, 12:20 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

u can always buy NEW rims. no used rim company is going to mount a rim and install it on a car before selling. a good visual inspection and their best honest description is all u can ask for when dealing in USED parts.

Used 3 piece rims should ALWAYS be inspected b4 putting them on ur car. the shop should have a dunk tank to spot leaks anywayz.

a leak in the seal isnt major surgery on a multi piece wheel...in fact, its no big deal.

lesson learned when buying used 3pc rims. Im sure (even after the "repairs") you saved a ton over buying them new.

Enjoy your wheels. im sure they'll be fine
Old 06-10-09, 10:49 PM
Drutort
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Emerald
u can always buy NEW rims. no used rim company is going to mount a rim and install it on a car before selling. a good visual inspection and their best honest description is all u can ask for when dealing in USED parts.

Used 3 piece rims should ALWAYS be inspected b4 putting them on ur car. the shop should have a dunk tank to spot leaks anywayz.

a leak in the seal isnt major surgery on a multi piece wheel...in fact, its no big deal.

lesson learned when buying used 3pc rims. Im sure (even after the "repairs") you saved a ton over buying them new.

Enjoy your wheels. im sure they'll be fine
yes that is true, but my reply and the others was were can we find more sites/businesses like that, with used and or refinished wheels, some used are in great shape some are not... but still im sure when u find something right its like a gold mine
Old 06-11-09, 09:12 AM
N2LEX2L
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Drutort
.....were can we find more sites/businesses like that, with used and or refinished wheels, some used are in great shape some are not..........

Never dealt with them first hand....

memoryfab.com
Old 06-17-09, 01:38 AM
97Soarer
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

People are quick to jump to conclusions and point fingers and start the whole I'll sue you nonsense.

It is possible that the silicone seal was damaged when the tire was being mounted. I've seen countless times where tire installers would probe and stick a tire tongue trying to either dismount or mount a tire (stabbing the inner barrel). Its a labor intensive task which usually causes damage one point or another, especially dealing with large and wide rims.

I tip my tire installers well since I don't want that to happen on my rim's barrel or lip.
Old 06-17-09, 07:06 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up on RB.
Old 06-20-09, 09:35 PM
krava
Lead Lap

but what about these wheels?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-A...Q5fAccessories

where else can you get something like that at?
Old 06-24-09, 03:26 PM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^that is rbwheels online store
Old 06-27-09, 07:05 AM
JVT
Lead Lap

I would stay away from RB Motoring. My friend bought BBS wheels from their shop...same problem it had a bad seal.
Old 10-25-09, 07:11 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

i've purchased from rb and recommended wheels from them many times resulting in a few purchases by others.

they wheels i personally purchased showed up in condition less than expected. they had finish issues and a (no more than functional) repair that i could not identify from the pictures. you could argue that they were at fault imo since they were described as "condition depicted" but i took it in stride and rocked them. i have no doubt i will purchase from them again and continue to recommend them.

it's a matter of going in prepared. rb, and similar sites, are a great source for hard/impossible to find wheels but they are used 9/10. it's like buying a used car; there will be some issues. some will be obvious, some not so obvious. be prepared for the worst and anything better will be a pleasant surprise.

i always plan for repair/rebuild/refinish when dealing with used wheels and only use my trusted shop for that part.

however, if you were directly mislead and they were indeed at fault then they are wrong regardless of my experience/tolerance.

Quick Reply: RBWHEELS.com =Avoid Buying from them