Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Does anyone agree?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-02, 06:28 PM
HDDuece
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lexSC400,
You said it better then anyone. It is your ride and put what ever you want on for rims. It would be one thing to put some knockoffs on and then try to put some Lowenhart emblems on the wheel but if you are not trying to fool anyone and are happy with the wheels on your ride then let it be.
Old 03-09-02, 06:43 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by lex400sc
How many people actually walk up to a rim and examine them from a foot away to verify authenticity???
I don't buy anything to impress others, I buy for myself.

I wouldn't be ashamed of owning fakes for the fear of being found out, I would be ashamed of owning fakes because I would know they're fakes. This goes for any purchase, GS related or not.
Old 03-09-02, 07:12 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Dexter

I don't buy anything to impress others, I buy for myself.

I wouldn't be ashamed of owning fakes for the fear of being found out, I would be ashamed of owning fakes because I would know they're fakes. This goes for any purchase, GS related or not.
Well that's your outlook on the matter and is incidentally mine as well. Otherwise I could be driving around on Diablos right now, but I really want the L-Sportlines, so I wait. But some people don't share the same shame as you and I, but rather feel a sense of pride in their bigger, shinier wheels. I can understand how they see cheap 20" chromes looking better than the cheesy stock 16" cast aluminum wheels. They fill the wheel well better and give the car a better overall image. That doesn't mean they should be persecuted for taking a certain opportunity cost does it? Sometimes it's not a matter of saving an extra $2500 for the real deal. It's the thought that what else could I do with the extra $2500?

Then, there are some people that buy second-hand Lexuses for $25,000 and have to finance that over 5 years. They obviosuly don't have the luxury of choosing between $5000 wheels. Remember not everyone can swipe their credit cards for a brand new $60,000 car. And not every Lexus driver should be treated as if they could.
Old 03-09-02, 08:25 PM
lexon20's
Driver

I AGREE WITH LEX400SC WELL SAID
Old 03-10-02, 12:35 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

zushwa: ferrari search is coming along
slowly.. not in any rush, im just watching the prices drop monthly
very happy about that, waiting for the right time.
Old 03-10-02, 03:30 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Re: Does anyone agree?

Originally posted by TNH

hey jpa2400....blow me. You must be a real bad *** if you can afford a *****ing house and a car.....wow, thats impressive.

I'm 19 years old, I drive a 2001 CLK 430. I can afford nice wheels just fine....but thats not the part of your post that I am replying to. Where the ***** do you get off talking ***** about someone that lives in an apartment. I live in Hawaii, and guess what.....my apartment rent is exactly $600.

I'm living way above the level I should be? Who the ***** are you to say that? I dont "roll hard" in my CLK.....I bought it because I always wanted one and I absolutely love cars. I am happy driving my CLK, thats why I bought it. I am also happy living in my $600 per month apartment. I'm at school working on a degree, and when I get out, then someday I'll have the money for a house. But for now, I've got the car I want and a nice place to live.

You are the stupid **** that was fooled into buying knock offs.....and then you come here and make fun of people that knowingly buy them because thats all they can afford.

What a fagg*t!

You probably only give these kind of opinions over the computer, because most people would kick your *** if you said this kind of ***** to their face. Where do you live? Maybe someday I can come over and bust your *****ing face.

wow, chill down, this whole thread has been revolving the issue of getting "authentic/quality" mods for your car. JpA/Manaray/(myself) believe that only to fix your car when you have what it takes. Note that this is only our point of view, and we sincerely hope that most ppl can put quality mods to go with the Lexus ride. If you do not agree with us, just go on with your own way, no need to take anything this personal.

all in all, we just love our cars, peace everyone.
Old 03-10-02, 05:32 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

THN- I had my first 6 figure year at 19. I had my first job at 13 since my family was BROKE. I didn’t get where I am at today buy buying $45,000 cars at 19. I saved my money and set myself up right. Got a HOME. Furnished it. Finished paying off my FIRST degree which I completed 21 and started a masters program right away that ran me over $20,000. Your lack of intelligence really impress’s me. You sound like the old Latin counts who use to go to my school. Oh wait a minute I am just some punk who says things over the PC and would get beat down in person. Your welcome to come down to where I live. Your welcome to meet me in my old neighborhood, Detroit. Where white kids get along great with the minorities.

I guess I have seen people do things right and wrong. Live in your $600 apartment and ride your nice pricey CLK 430, you’re a balla man. Go call up a certified financial planner so he can give you some insight on how to save money and do things right. Maybe he would say if you can afford a CLK 430, why not buy a cheap house for 100-150k and sit on it until your degree is done. Then sell it and roll that money into a 20% down loan so you don’t have to pay a huge PMI charge. But hey, you have your $600 APT and your rolling a big dogs car. I see people like you everyday and laugh. You have your pricey watches, cloths and cars. Standing in line at the club next to me acting you’re just the *****. Acting you’re like loaded with the fancy car, telling everyone you where in a Hot Boyz video on MTV. I know your kind.

Yep I bought fake wheels. I bought them before I knew about wheels and I admit it. And I sold them and decided to buy some good quality wheels for my car with the help and advice of the CL members. You call me a fa**ot for it. Well I would be one no more then you, someone who lives in a $600 apartment and lives way above their means so they can be pimp of the nation in their fancy car on Friday night.

And all from this post, I figure most people can act like civilized human beings and try to defend their opinions with plain English with no need for vulgarity, I guess I was wrong. Most of us drive Lexus’s and we drive them for a reason. You would argue till death that a BMW isn’t made as good. Which shows we all hold our opinions highly!! I have strong opinions, we all do, and that’s why we have these debates. What I have learned and in my opinion, if you have money for a Lexus, have the integrity to put an original highly quality wheel on your LUXARY car. Original high quality doesn’t mean high price. Do some research and don’t rush down to the store like I did. Oh well you live and learn.

Oh THN since you want to take my back to the teenage days and talk and act like a thug. Meet me outside by the bike rack after recess.
Old 03-10-02, 10:25 AM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

I must admit, this thread makes me wonder what I have gotten myself into at Club Lexus.
Old 03-10-02, 11:04 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

jpa,

that was exactly what my family did for me when i was 20:eek: i needed a car, and was looking to share a apt with few buddies during college days, instead, my dad invested in a condo for $150k, we received rent $$$ for few years, and sold it after i graduated......btw, i drove a '78 accord for $1800 that i bought with the $$$ i saved up thruout high school.
Old 03-10-02, 11:19 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

I drove my share of FORD JUNK. Moved up to honda baby! After buying my Dad a new car , after all my hard work, I visted the Lexus dealer! But made wise investments to get there...
Old 03-10-02, 12:53 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Wheel Kinetics, please don't think this is the norm here at CL. This is a fairly isolated incident.

This thread started as something of an educational and opinionated conversation but now, partially because of myself, it's just turned to guys comparing d1ck size. Could a moderator please close this thread?? I don't see anything productive coming from it and obviously the wrong impression of CL is being had.
Old 03-10-02, 01:59 PM
TNH
Pole Position

Wheel Kinetics and zushwa-

I deleted my posts, I agree that they were uncalled for on this forum. I dont want my posts to be in any way responsible for negative opinions about this board.

my apologies
Old 03-11-02, 02:19 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, I'm glad we're all a nice happy family once again!

Seriously though, threads like this a sometimes called for because there are a LOT of people that don't know the difference (I know it's beating a dead horse to existing users, but you have to remember how many NEW users we get per day).

At the VERY LEAST, people can gain some KNOWLEDGE about wheels (which is usually one of the biggest purchases for a car in terms of $$$$ and aesthetics...) before they blow their hard earned cash on some weak wheels...

Wheel Kinetics - Every enthusiast website is going to have a few spats here and there...please don't judge the entire site and all the members by one thread...

Thread is now closed...if you have any comments, please handle them via PM or email...