Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Does anyone agree?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-02, 09:14 AM
Hudini
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hudini - Now instead of doing all that, you could have just WAITED until you had enough to do wheels/tires and lowering...you would have saved some money. What's wrong with WAITING and doing it right the first time?

Instead you paid to get it lowered (labor), then that "forced you" to get some cheap 20's...which you now have to resell at a loss most likely. It wouldn't have killed you to WAIT and buy some good 20's and do the install/lowering all the same time. It would have cost you less in labor, you would have saved time, and you wouldn't be stuck with a set of cheap 20's...

Now if you did all the work yourself and you have a buyer for Binnos for the same price you paid for it or more (??), then good for you, but we all know this is usually not the case...

Actually, I am a person who is very impatient. WAITING is not something I believe in. I bought my suspension before I bought the car in November. A week after I got the car, I dropped it. This guy was selling his Binnos here in HI and GS4Will told me that there is a chance that I could be waiting up to three months for the rims I wanted. So less then a week after I dropped my car I bought the Binno at a dope price. I don't care if I lose money on selling the Binnos later, I expected that.
If I had met HI98GS earlier then I would have stolen his 19in Work Equips....Haha
But Manaray, I respect your honesty. You are like the Charles Barkely of Club Lexus......and I love Charles!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-02, 05:35 PM
SandRock
Lead Lap

jpa2400-

Do you really think I want you to buy me some rims? Duh! Just because I said I wasnt on your level you assume I ment I was under you. Now thats what I was talking about...you think people ARE under you. I was just defending the people Manaray grew up with. I KEEP a lot of money not SPEND a lot. There you go again dont worry about my cash cause I got that. I now understand where you are comming from. Its the way you go about sayin it. I work for a living I dont get gifts Mr. Big Crib.

Manaray-

You dont sound like you came from the ghetto, but thats your story. I do have full coverage on all my cars. By an exclusive insurance company. Those "pimps" were your neighbors, the people you hung out with. Now it seems like you dont like them. You dont need to talk about preaching with that sermon you just laid out Lord Ghetto.

Oh yea I need some 19x8.5 and 19x9.5's can I get a reference?
Old 03-07-02, 10:58 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sandrock - I didn't know everyone who grew up in the ghetto sounded and acted the same...hmmm, that's interesting.

Also, don't assume about the people I grew up with. You have NO IDEA about who I grew up with....but I'll tell you...the people I grew up didn't fix up Lexus cars. They fixed up '60's and '70's Impalas and some old Caddies, etc. Low Riders. Serious low riders. They spent all their SPARE money their cars (after everything else was paid for). But they never bought the cheapest items. Many of them took YEARS to build their car because they could only afford to do one thing at a time...and many of them did their own work on the cars....it was a matter of PRIDE AND CRAFTSMANSHIP....besides that, when I lived in those areas, I was a KID....we were doing other things, not fixing up cars...

Also, don't assume about how we obtained our incomes. I worked my whole life since I was about a little kid doing ***** jobs...I was fortunate and got into the right places and "made it" at a young age...

What do you need a reference for? Why don't you just go down to your local Ghetto Fab Store and buy some $199/each 19" wheels?

I'm not preaching, I'm EDUCATING you...it seems like you need a lot of it...

Speaking of Ghetto Fabulous...have you guys in the Los Angeles area heard the commerical on Power106? Rent-a-Rim? Where your job is the only credit you need! SO SAD! They do "rent-to-own" wheels...if you have to RENT-TO-OWN, you shouldn't be buying wheels.
Old 03-08-02, 04:01 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No manaray, your a trust fund baby that never seen the Ghetto, that is true because SandRock said so. You’re Ghetto rags to riches story just doesn't float with him. He wants Mr. Big Crib to take away his $900 knock off 20" wheels and replace them with 20" Works.

Sanrdrock- It sounds like Manaray and I have similar stories, not growing up well off and making it early and life, I have no need to get into that. This whole thread is about buying weak wheels for your LUXARY car. Buy whatever you want, I just said I was tired of reading about all the knockoff lovers. You can make up all the excuses in the world like: I don’t see any reason to spend that much on wheels, I live in a bad area, pot holes will eat them up. Well if you cannot replace your stock wheels with a wheel of EQUAL QUALITY, then leave your car stock. And you can spend $2500 for good wheels!!!!!!! You’re the one who brought up the comments about snobs, and haters and I don’t want to be on your level etc.. Plain and simple, I am just saying, buy some real wheels for your TOP OF THE LINE LUXARY CAR. If you don’t have $2000-2500 for quality wheels, leave it stock and save up buddy.

Also, Sandrock. Anyone that works hard, has pride and integrity, is on my level no matter what their income level is. I do think some people are below me. Those who are lazy and don’t work collecting welfare off my tax money, those that don’t take care of their families or put themselves before their families, those who want handouts because they don’t want to work for their things…..Yes, they are below me. Sorry, sounds bad, but that’s what I think.

So own your Lexus, your LUXARY car, and complain how spending a few hundred more on quality wheels doesn’t agree with your pocket book. Hey since Philly is such a bad area and your car may get jacked, maybe buy a house is a nicer area? Or do you work in Philly? Then drive a beater to work. Wheels and car are stolen, well it’s called INSURANCE. You’re just a pile of excuses.
Old 03-08-02, 06:10 AM
shroffkr
Driver School Candidate

Default rent-to-own?!?!

you gotta be kidding me...
rent-to-own wheel stores actually exist?! hehehe...i think it would be hilarious to see some guy drive up in a lexus to shop there...
Old 03-08-02, 07:51 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Think about the $$ they will make on the rent to own wheel deal though! Classic idea.
Old 03-08-02, 12:27 PM
SandRock
Lead Lap

Im thinking about getting the Lowenhart BR5 in 19" and I will insure them. I cant roll on scrub rims either. I just dont down people that do.

It ticked me off the way you guys were talking about people who probally didnt have enough cash to put out for mods so they go the cheaper route. I guess we have a different way of looking at the same words.

Manaray- I was kidding about the ghetto. I know everyone has to get up and move on.

You cant expect everyone to agree with you guys. I was not attacking your beliefs about cars, just they way you talk about the people in them.

Now EDUCATE me on a place where I can get a deal on those wheels Manaray and stop being so sore.
Old 03-08-02, 01:07 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

I am looking at the BR5 also Sandrock. 19 or 20". OR the Lsportline Evo1. I keep reading posts about both and cannot decide which is the better buy. Also, how I want to deal lowing the car the RIGHT way.
Old 03-08-02, 06:07 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Not to stir things up but a day ago you (sandrock) were talking mad ***** about "Lord Ghetto" and now you're all "stop being so sore"??? What swayed you???

jpa2400, You asked which is the better buy?? What do you mean by that?? Do you mean which is cheaper or which wheel is better for the money???

I'm not trying to talk **** here...just trying to see where everyone I DON'T know is coming from. Quite a bit can be learned about others here on the web, I just want to make sure I have you guys pegged right.
Old 03-08-02, 07:14 PM
LSL
Driver School Candidate

It somes down to buying what makes you happy. Some people are happy wearing a fake Rolex until someone points it out and then makes a fool of you. With wheels, people don't have to point it out, they know. Am I right in assuming that we know most of the three piece wheel companies out there? So when someone knocks off one of their designs and we see it, what do we do when you see them at a stop light or at a show trying to pimp? Laugh!

Wheels have gone from only real wheel manufactures to anyone who can make something kind of round calls it a wheel and when they copy someone's design, it makes it even worse.

I would have tons more respect if someone made a wheel that weighed 80lbs, was out of round (but was their own design) and went to market with it rather than someone who just sopies wheel designed for a living.

Put it this way, how do all fo the IS300 owners feel now that everyone has our tailights? My case and point........just because you have our style doesn't make you a Lexus owner.
Old 03-09-02, 02:24 AM
SandRock
Lead Lap

You are stirring things up(zushwa). But anyway I think I explained what I was trying to get asross. I still havent changed the way I think. I just wanted those cats to know I wasnt mad at em. Is that good enough for you Lord Peanut Gallery?
Old 03-09-02, 04:10 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

zushwa- Well they both seem like great wheels and no worry on the price. But apples to apples, what do you think of the two? I did a search and seen a lot of people like both so..
Old 03-09-02, 06:20 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

sankrock, (notice I didn't capitalize your name, that's called lack of respect ) I've been trying to learn as much as I can about cars and wheels since I've been part of this "club" and I've really tried to accept peoples opinions. This thread was started as an open ended question which I've been discussing in an adult manner. If you want people around here to take what you have to say seriously then I'd give up on the name calling. I would hardly consider myself the peanut gallery, but rather an active partaker in this conversation. If you'd like to continue to discuss your name calling "issues" we can do it via PM or email. NOW I'm trying to stir things up.

jpa2400,

If it were me, I would do the model 1 evo's. I think they both look outstanding and are of good/great quality but I only know of one other person with the evo's (Erick G, how's the Ferrari search going??) so there is some exclusiveness to them. It seems there has been quite a few people getting the br-5's lately. That's just my opinion. I don't think you would be disappointed with either!!

Last edited by zushwa; 03-09-02 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-09-02, 05:11 PM
SandRock
Lead Lap

If you are true about what you are saying well, talk about wheels not what I say to other people. Like I said Lowenhart BR5's 19x8.5 and 19x9.5. The only other guy I saw with them is the LexusCreations guy. But that is not gospel. To quote Special Ed" I dont need your respect cause I got it made".

[QUOTE]Originally posted by zushwa
[B]sankrock, (notice I didn't capitalize your name, that's called lack of respect )
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone agree?-lsport-br5.jpg  
Old 03-09-02, 06:16 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Is this becoming a weekly discusion now? Talk about beating the dead horse! This thread in particular is way out of line from the initial post on. Some people here remain civil and I respect them for that, but others choose to sterotype, slander, and bicker like a bunch of schoolyard children. JPA, I understand your frustration with getting ripped off, but undertand that you were once a Lexus driver with *****ty wheels (maybe not intensionally), but you probably did enjoy them when you drove it out of the shop. People that become educated about wheels often become elitist and snobbish and I agree with SandRock on that point. It's like once you're on a certain plane of undertanding, you spit on everyone else that isn't on your level. I'm not singling anyone out here when I say that, it's just the general sentiment around here. You may have good intentions, but don't belittle people just because of their choices.

I am personally saving up for some L-Sportline or Lowenhart rims. While I don't agree with cheap rims, I don't possess the same attitude as some others towards "knock offs". Knock-offs occur all the time, just look at the auto industry! A knock-off isn't neccesarily cheap, I've yet to hear an arguement as to why Zenetti wheels are crap. Maybe they imitate multi-piece wheels, and rip-off designs, but who can tell me they are built like crap and won't last?? I have a friend with a '00 GS400 on 19-inch Zenettis, and another with a '00 CLK320 on Zenetti 20"s. If that pisses you off, too bad for >>YOU<<. They are enjoying it and you are getting your feathers ruffled over nothing. How many people actually walk up to a rim and examine them from a foot away to verify authenticity??? Maybe wheel fanatics, but not the majority of the world. Most people will notice a good looking wheel from 20 or more feet away. And if it looks the same to everyone else as your $6000 wheels, I guess you're the one that just got played. 99.99999% of the population doesn't know Zauber from Zenetti, so why concern yourself over the issue as if it were Bentley from Buick? Are $6000 rims really three times as good as $2000 rims? And why should there be a premium on style? If a poor man that likes style, but can't afford the high prices often associated with them, should he settle for crappy designs instead? It is also important to understand that people have different priorities like someone mentioned earlier. My home theater cost $16,000, yet some millionaires refuse to spend more than $6,000 on theirs. I am by far a millionaire (actually just a struggling college student), but I can justify the cost of my system and I'm sure the millionaire derives just as much pleasure from his system as I do mine. Don't limit Lexuses only to rich people either---that is called ELITISM. You're not special because of your paycheck. Some people want to drive a good quality car that is both reliable, comfortable, and gives them higher confidence/esteem (why else do people buy expensive cars??). If that means they have to take out another mortgage on the house or cut back on some things, then good for them. My two cents.

Just playing devil's advocate on a few points: Flame on!...

Quick Reply: Does anyone agree?