Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Zenetti Vagas ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-02, 01:21 PM
HDDuece
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zenetti Vagas ?

Anybody know the quality of these rims. They come in 18-8.5 chrome. I can get 4 with tires at Discount for about $2300. The price seems good and the wheels look good. Are they a cheap knock-off or are they worth it. Thanks
Old 02-27-02, 06:18 PM
broke_gs
Driver

That doesn't sound like that good of a price. You might want to check around some more because I think you can get a better deal. What type of tires are you getting with it? That has a big influence on the price. For 18's I would go with the Kuhmos 245/40/18. You can get them for around $127 a piece.
Old 02-27-02, 06:42 PM
HDDuece
Driver

The price is for everything including the road hazard on the tires. I could not find any other prices. What I want to know are the wheels good quality.
Old 02-27-02, 09:19 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Zenetti's are cheap knock-offs...skip 'em...
Old 02-28-02, 02:02 PM
fever
Lead Lap

That is a TERRIBLE price. Those rims cost 200 bucks a pop. You can get nice rubber for a grand or less if you look. Do not buy.

Originally posted by HDDuece
The price is for everything including the road hazard on the tires. I could not find any other prices. What I want to know are the wheels good quality.
Old 02-28-02, 03:06 PM
HDDuece
Driver

What would you suggest. I want 18'" in chrome but don't want to spend more then $2500.
Old 02-28-02, 08:34 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about this? I can get Zenetti Vegas chrome in 19x8.5 with Nitto 255/35/19 tires for $2300-flat. Good deal or pass?
Old 03-01-02, 04:53 AM
HDDuece
Driver

Are you saying you can get them for that price for yourself or that is what you would sell to other people for. Where did you find them. I also thought they didn't come in 19".
Old 03-01-02, 09:06 AM
fever
Lead Lap

The Vegas don't come in 19". It is not the best rim out there but I have heard that other GS owners have run them without any bends.
My 200 buck a rim is the best I've seen (but saw at many places) for non chrome rims. I suppose 100-150 is the going rate per rim to chrome. But man, you have the fake bolt pattern and you're probably talking about thirty pounds per rim after you chrome it. That equals ~224 pounds additional you will carry. Each additional 1 pound of unsprung weight equals 7 pounds.
So once you ditch the stock 17s and go for this package you have elected to go with an inferior rim and fake bolt pattern and add a 224 passenger everytime you start the car. Not for me.
Old 03-01-02, 09:12 AM
fever
Lead Lap

The Vegas don't come in 19". It is not the best rim out there but I have heard that other GS owners have run them without any bends.
My 200 buck a rim is the best I've seen (but saw at many places) for non chrome rims. I suppose 100-150 is the going rate per rim to chrome. But man, you have the fake bolt pattern and you're probably talking about thirty pounds per rim after you chrome it. That equals ~224 pounds additional you will carry. Each additional 1 pound of unsprung weight equals 7 pounds.
So once you ditch the stock 17s and go for this package you have elected to go with an inferior rim and fake bolt pattern and add a 224 pound passenger everytime you start the car. Not for me.
Old 03-01-02, 10:04 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Angry The Vegas are Good Bang for the Buck!

HEY HEY! Don't be talking ****** about my former wheels! I happen to have enjoyed them and I got madd compliments and whenever I thought I hit a pothole and *********** em' up, no problems. So their inexpensive, so what. Everybody DOES NOT HAVE THE BREAD to splurge on high $$$ wheels and for one would not put someone down for buying so called "knock-offs". As with everything else in this world, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Now if the question is, "Hey I got $4,000 to spend on wheels, any suggestions?" Then obviously I'm gonna steer em' towards the good quality ******. But often times that's not the case. But based on my "personal" experience with these wheels, I can solidly reccommend them! Here's a previous shot when I had the 18' Vega's.......
Attached Thumbnails Zenetti Vagas ?-mygs400.jpg  
Old 03-01-02, 10:27 AM
fever
Lead Lap

Default Re: The Vegas are Good Bang for the Buck!

TXSTYLE, as you know I considered these rims as well. BUT, all I'm saying is if you want to spend 2300 bucks just know what you're getting for your money. If one more inch of rim (chromed) that isn't as good as stock and an additional 230 pounds of weight is your gig then okay. But again, I'm just offering up information to consider. Performance is crucial to me and I have a limited budget to work with as well. It's all good.

Originally posted by TXSTYLE
HEY HEY! Don't be talking ****** about my former wheels! I happen to have enjoyed them and I got madd compliments and whenever I thought I hit a pothole and *********** em' up, no problems. So their inexpensive, so what. Everybody DOES NOT HAVE THE BREAD to splurge on high $$$ wheels and for one would not put someone down for buying so called "knock-offs". As with everything else in this world, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Now if the question is, "Hey I got $4,000 to spend on wheels, any suggestions?" Then obviously I'm gonna steer em' towards the good quality ******. But often times that's not the case. But based on my "personal" experience with these wheels, I can solidly reccommend them! Here's a previous shot when I had the 18' Vega's.......
Old 03-01-02, 10:34 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oops, I meant the chrome Mystiks in 19s with Nitto tires for $2300-flat. My friend has a direct account to Zenetti and is willing to do me this favor. I was thinking between Vegas and Mystiks, but I didn't want the gold in my rims, plus I wanted 19s!
Old 03-01-02, 11:19 PM
SandRock
Lead Lap

I saw them 199-silver & 305 chrome for 18". I like them but I need 9.5 or more in the rear and they dont make them.
Old 03-02-02, 12:09 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Re: The Vegas are Good Bang for the Buck!

Originally posted by fever
TXSTYLE, as you know I considered these rims as well. BUT, all I'm saying is if you want to spend 2300 bucks just know what you're getting for your money. If one more inch of rim (chromed) that isn't as good as stock and an additional 230 pounds of weight is your gig then okay. But again, I'm just offering up information to consider. Performance is crucial to me and I have a limited budget to work with as well. It's all good.

I feel you. It's all good.

Quick Reply: Zenetti Vagas ?