Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

where can I get work wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-02, 11:32 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question where can I get work wheels?

I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get work wheels I know a few people on this forum have them but where did they get them from?

I really need rims before hot import nights
Old 02-26-02, 05:53 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are interested in a trustworhty, timely, LEGIT transaction, you have a few choices. I know these are not the ONLY options but:
1-GS4Will- Cash only through a "well known" old school CL member. Keep in mind hes not running a business. If he does it for CL members its as a favor only.
2-Hiro- http://store.yahoo.com/lexusparts/index.html
Safety and piece of mind using a Credit Card through an established business run by a CL member from the "old board".....I am ordering my wheels through him in the next day or two..... He WILL beat any other retail pricing you will receive for Work wheels.... I say that having priced multiple wheels through too many retailers to count......
Next I would say that www.WheelKinetics.com (Dennis) has done enough to grab the attention of M.Kilty and has MANY happy customers over at Supraforums.com. I would definitely check with him to make sure you tap all available resources.

I do not know how Hiro does it, but his pricing is insane. I can only assume that he is trying to carve out a chunk of the market for himself (the way Steve Ganz does w/aftermarket performance mods) by pulling business through low-pricing. Also, my personal experience trying to get multiple quotes from Hiro is that he sends you an awesome quote the first time. I have never felt compelled to haggle with him (even though I still do because hes usually hundreds lower than my other quotes.
JMHO, hope this helps you a little, Tiny
Oh yeah, Biggie? You sounded in a hurry......
Uhhhh....JDM parts and "fast arrival time" should never be mentioned in the same breath....

Last edited by tinygs; 02-26-02 at 05:56 AM.
Old 02-26-02, 02:05 PM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Default Re: where can I get work wheels?

Originally posted by biggie27
I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get work wheels I know a few people on this forum have them but where did they get them from?

I really need rims before hot import nights
I am working with an extremely good importer right now for Work wheels. I am importing a set of VS-SS Work wheels as we speak. I *should* (I won't give a gaurentee from anything coming from Japan) be able to have the rims to your door in two weeks. Please let me know if I can help, thanks!
Old 02-26-02, 05:27 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Im not in a very big hurry HIN doesn't start till the 13th of april but I do know how long it takes to get good wheels, considering my first set of Niche shocking shocks took me a month to get because they kept sending me chipped rims
Old 02-26-02, 05:30 PM
RacingAristo

Dennis,

Could you also import some Japanese bodykit?

Dennis
Old 02-26-02, 07:01 PM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Originally posted by biggie27
Im not in a very big hurry HIN doesn't start till the 13th of april but I do know how long it takes to get good wheels, considering my first set of Niche shocking shocks took me a month to get because they kept sending me chipped rims
Then as you know from experience, the sooner the better! April 13th isn't that far away.
Old 02-26-02, 07:04 PM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Originally posted by RacingAristo
Dennis,

Could you also import some Japanese bodykit?

Dennis
Only for people with the same first name. Let me know what it is and if you're serious about it or just want a price quote-- I can probably do both. Thanks!
Old 02-26-02, 08:10 PM
strshooter
Rookie

Thumbs up work Wheels

About a month ago, mark "GSXOTIC" a club member go me mine.

Delivery time was about 2 weeks and the wheels arrived in perfect condition. I would suggest u pm mark and see if he can help u.
Old 02-26-02, 09:29 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

my Work Equip just got here today through US custom, I got em from our respected Member GS4will. I will show you guys pic asap this weekend. The transaction is smooth and quick, and i am always updated. so, GS4will wins my vote.

thanks a lot Will.
Old 02-26-02, 09:55 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

hey wei,

sorry that the 20" equips take a few days longer as the US custom held them up due to the president weekend i was informed by japan that they did included the ctr rings and i also included a set of mcguard locks and lugs for you

thanks for the kind words...i will see you either thurs/friday for the install of rims and the S-03s...lookward to seeing your new kit.

thanks again..

william
Old 02-27-02, 02:47 PM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

I got my wheels from Mark (GSXOTIC) as well. He is very professional and has excellent prices. A few of us have gotten them from him. You can try gs4will also, he can get them for you.
Old 02-27-02, 06:28 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

hey wei, your 20" super chromes work equips arrived today from japan :eek: come and get them other wise they will be on my gs if you do not claim them they were actually at LAX last week, but i guess out custom agents like them so much they checked them out for quite a few days...:eek:
Old 02-28-02, 12:05 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Hey will, i just checked out the rims at your house, man, IS IT shinning. Perfect condition, A++++, thanks for everything.

I can't wait to put it on friday. Thanks again

Pics coming ASAP
Old 03-03-02, 04:49 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

hey wei,

hopefully you got back to SJ ok with those top of line equips...

now, where are the pics? quite a few cl guys are all waiting to see them, hurry man..

for those who inquired, usually the 2 pc 18"x8.5+9.5 Euroline series can be had for ~$2600-2800, diamond polish finish, and ~$400-500 more for the 19s, depending on style and finish. this price include ultra high-performance all-season ZR rated tyres, all AIR Freight from japan to LA, US custom duty/tax, and import clearance fees.

if you feel more comfortable getting tyres locally in your area, i can get rims only as well. actually wei's set did not came with tyres, but i set him up with my local tyre guy for a set of the S-o3s, matching tyrerack prices.....if he could wait a bit longer, i could have set him up with the new bridgeston GIII model, the next gen of the S-O series,,,,

to those who are looking to spend ~$2-4ks on rims upgrade, imported JDM rims exclusively for you are actually not that exepnsive...

to thsoe who are waiting, i will certainly keep you updated on any progress.....thank you

william
Old 03-03-02, 06:14 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by gs4will
hey wei,

hopefully you got back to SJ ok with those top of line equips...

now, where are the pics? quite a few cl guys are all waiting to see them, hurry man..

for those who inquired, usually the 2 pc 18"x8.5+9.5 Euroline series can be had for ~$2600-2800, diamond polish finish, and ~$400-500 more for the 19s, depending on style and finish. this price include ultra high-performance all-season ZR rated tyres, all AIR Freight from japan to LA, US custom duty/tax, and import clearance fees.

if you feel more comfortable getting tyres locally in your area, i can get rims only as well. actually wei's set did not came with tyres, but i set him up with my local tyre guy for a set of the S-o3s, matching tyrerack prices.....if he could wait a bit longer, i could have set him up with the new bridgeston GIII model, the next gen of the S-O series,,,,

to those who are looking to spend ~$2-4ks on rims upgrade, imported JDM rims exclusively for you are actually not that exepnsive...

to thsoe who are waiting, i will certainly keep you updated on any progress.....thank you

william
Sup Will,

If i'm getting wheels will you be able to help me out? I see that importing wheels is the way to go Probably Either Volk, Advan, or PIAA.

Quick Reply: where can I get work wheels?