Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Its about that time!!!?!!! (Tire advice)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-08, 05:45 PM
k_dizzle
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its about that time!!!?!!! (Tire advice)

Considering i have 27k miles on my IS i got off work today to find my right rear tire flat...Went to get air in it and discovered theres a small medal piece stuck in it...put air in it and quickly drove home. its 8pm here now so nothings open...I was thinking about stopping by discount tires tomorrow since its 3min from my house...which tires do you guys recommend?...i dont drive my car in the winters but if all season lasts longer i rather get that and plus these stock brigdestones tires arent so good in rainy weathers... any suggestions?

is 27k good enough for all new tires yet? ive read in tire threads where people have changed them in 20k or even 35k...

should i stop by lexus dealership instead?

Last edited by k_dizzle; 08-21-08 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-21-08, 06:37 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

if u are goin with a different brand i suggest replacin all the tires. if u want to save money then just get 1 same tire as ur stock ones. don't go to the dealership unless u have hookups because they will charge u 2x to 4x the value of the original tires and that doesn't include labor. there is a thread discussin on all year tires and i think i saw u posting on it. also see if u can patch it up. should be like 8-20 dollars so u wont have to spend much but this might be a good chance to upgrade to better tires. i can't wait for my new falkens to come in.

Last edited by Evil Teo; 08-21-08 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-21-08, 09:48 PM
2k2 R1
Lead Lap

^^Falken 452? dont get too excited, because they're pretty noisy compare to my Bridgestone RE960 AS on stock wheels.
Old 08-21-08, 09:50 PM
sjgIS350
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Goodyear F1 All Seasons Tread wear rating of 420 and unless you are driving very hard a lot of the time you won't notice the slight loss in performance over a summer tire..plus you get much better tread life expectation
Old 08-21-08, 10:10 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

BFGoodrich GTA force KDW........ftw. I just got Nitto Invos today but downside is threadwear is at 220.
Old 08-21-08, 11:11 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Treadwear numbers are mostly worthless as they are developed by the tiremakers and are not comparable from one manufacturer to another. One's 220 might be better than another's 420.
Old 08-22-08, 01:14 PM
TLP_IS350
Pole Position

i run A/S tires. the goodyear eagle f1's with the carbon fiber sidewalls. dont let the CF sidewalls fool you though. the ride is nice and the tires have great traction and are very responsive. worth it
Old 08-22-08, 01:38 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Yeah I've good things about the Good Year A/S. Try those.
Old 08-22-08, 08:13 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2k2 R1
^^Falken 452? dont get too excited, because they're pretty noisy compare to my Bridgestone RE960 AS on stock wheels.
im sure they are not as noisy as my stock dunlops. i can't wait to get rid of these runflats. horrible, just horrible. i can deal with the noise but the comfort on the dunlops just kills my experience drivin. never goin back to dunlops, never.
Old 08-22-08, 08:32 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Since you are in the midwest and want long tread life with a tire that will do good in the summer! I would get Michelin Pilot Sports A/S All around great tire you could use year round in MI and the car will handle better then it did with the OEM tires!

Mike
Old 08-22-08, 08:39 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

^^ i second that. can't go wrong with Michelins if u have the money.
Old 08-22-08, 08:57 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by k_dizzle
Considering i have 27k miles on my IS i got off work today to find my right rear tire flat...Went to get air in it and discovered theres a small medal piece stuck in it...put air in it and quickly drove home. its 8pm here now so nothings open...I was thinking about stopping by discount tires tomorrow since its 3min from my house...which tires do you guys recommend?...i dont drive my car in the winters but if all season lasts longer i rather get that and plus these stock brigdestones tires arent so good in rainy weathers... any suggestions?

is 27k good enough for all new tires yet? ive read in tire threads where people have changed them in 20k or even 35k...

should i stop by lexus dealership instead?
27K Miles for 1 set of tires on the 2IS? Yes that is about right.

Also, DiscountTires will price match TireRack.com.

I would visit Discount tire's website, then cross reference with TireRack for price comparison.
\
Old 08-23-08, 06:16 AM
k_dizzle
Pole Position

Thanks for all the help guys. I went on tirerack.com and couldnt resist the 50dollar rebate they got right now for the GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 ALL SEASON. So thats what im rolling with. maybe my next one will be michelin pilot sport a/s....agian thanks..really appreciate it...
Old 08-23-08, 06:35 AM
LexFather

Just slapped Goodyear F1s on my car and the reviews are true, my car handles like its on rails, TOTALLY different.

Either F1s or Michelin PS2s were going to go on my car this time around. I've used okay tires, Falken, Yokohoma, Kumho, Dunlap, Riken and they do the job but these Goodyears are unreal!!!
Old 08-23-08, 06:40 AM
k_dizzle
Pole Position

Originally Posted by istundra
27K Miles for 1 set of tires on the 2IS? Yes that is about right.

Also, DiscountTires will price match TireRack.com.

I would visit Discount tire's website, then cross reference with TireRack for price comparison.
\
you know its funny when i went to discount tires in my area. The guy was shock and suprised that the fronts size were 225 and the rears were 255. he didnt understand at all which makes me think omg have these people ever done an IS before. prob not since i rarely ever see any IS in MI and if i do its usually is250(not that it has anything to do with tire size). so i decided to just order it myself and called lexus dealership to set an appointment to get the new tires on plus a loaner!

Quick Reply: Its about that time!!!?!!! (Tire advice)