Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Vredestein Ultrac Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-08, 11:40 AM
milky
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vredestein Ultrac Tires

Need some expert opinion here. Anyone ever use Vredestein Ultrac tires? If so, hows the quality? tread life? Couldn't find many people using this tire, so hoping someone could chime in here.

Thanks for any info provided.
Old 01-03-08, 12:54 PM
MoFlava
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm using these tires, but only for about 3k miles. I'm running a staggered setup and I like the idea that you can rotate them from side to side since they are not directional. :-)

They are spec'd to run around 30k. Who knows, I got a great price on them and they look s3xy.

Here's a link to my ride w/ them on.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...postcount=1239
Old 01-04-08, 12:25 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MoFlava
I'm using these tires, but only for about 3k miles. I'm running a staggered setup and I like the idea that you can rotate them from side to side since they are not directional. :-)

They are spec'd to run around 30k. Who knows, I got a great price on them and they look s3xy.

Here's a link to my ride w/ them on.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...postcount=1239
nice! where'd you get the tires from? and how much?
Old 01-08-08, 04:17 PM
vintage
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ultrac Sessanta

I purchased these tires and they replaced my Dunlop Sport Maxx's which I have a lot of respect for....but let me tell you first, they are such a hot tire in person!!! The ride quality is definitely better and very quiet.....I live in Louisiana so I see my share of rain and bad weather.....I don't drive stupid but I do lay it down when it makes sense..I bought the car to drive and I use it. I highly recommend this tire...I have shopped several dealers and one in particular in Jersey was a disaster to deal with for the front tires....they lost my order twice (after punching my card) and then promised to express ship them for the mistakes and you guessed it.....they screwed that up as well. However I do have the connection for you now and the price is very competitive!He is out of Texas and you will enjoy dealing with them. Here is the contact info: Enjoy!

Tom Z Wheels Contact Pete
866 939-1030

Vintage
Old 08-17-08, 04:16 PM
PineGreen
Pole Position

I know this thread is kinda old, but just wondering if anyone has anything new to say on the Vredestein Sessanta...specifically treadwear and ride/comfort/noise. I've been reading any reviews that I can find on them (corvette forums, g35 forums, etc). Everyone seems to agree that they have great traction in dry and wet conditions and handle great. I can't seem to find anything on how they stack up w/ road noise and ride (especially after several thousand miles). Does anyone have any long-term input? They seem to be great tires for a very cheap price.
Old 08-17-08, 11:06 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PineGreen
I know this thread is kinda old, but just wondering if anyone has anything new to say on the Vredestein Sessanta...specifically treadwear and ride/comfort/noise. I've been reading any reviews that I can find on them (corvette forums, g35 forums, etc). Everyone seems to agree that they have great traction in dry and wet conditions and handle great. I can't seem to find anything on how they stack up w/ road noise and ride (especially after several thousand miles). Does anyone have any long-term input? They seem to be great tires for a very cheap price.
These tires are still pretty new, its going to be hard to find any long term input on them...But judging from what I read on several forums, these tires are solid for the price and performance...Its performance has stacked up to many of the top tier competitors out there...Check the charger and 300C forums for more reviews, they have more infomation over there since they are much more popular...

I just picked up a set recently and have yet to mount them on my new wheels...So I can't say too much about them except that they look awesome! Worth a shot...!!

Good luck!
Old 08-17-08, 11:31 PM
PineGreen
Pole Position

One Hot...thanks for the reply. Yeah, the corvette folks seem to really really like them. I've been googling and reading articles on them pretty much the whole day and they seem to be getting pretty good reviews from bimmerfest forums, corvette forums, audizine, porsche cayman forums, etc. some have said they've ran a couple of sets already but don't really specify road noise (other than "they are much quieter than my runflats" or "much quieter than the Goodyear F1"). Treadwear sounds like it's pretty good also, but w/ no real numbers. Everyone really seems to love them though.