Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

dronel rims

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-02, 11:18 PM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dronel rims

Does anyone kno where i can find some information about dronel rims? prices, models, etc. would be nice.

Thx
boris
Old 01-24-02, 11:28 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.aktusa.com

Last edited by GS4Will; 01-24-02 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-25-02, 10:17 AM
sirsomo
Pole Position

www.superbuytires.com[URL=http://www.superbuytires.com] Carries them, they look like well built wheels, but some people do not like the chrome finish on them.
Old 01-25-02, 01:21 PM
enginyr
Banned

19's on H & R....Defenitly think the GS needs 20's when it comes to a fat lip design
Attached Thumbnails dronel rims-wheels-4-sale-001.jpg  
Old 01-25-02, 05:10 PM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

i thought dronel had polished too....hmm mayb im wrong...but thx for the info fellas

Boris
Old 01-25-02, 05:36 PM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

just another question....does anyone kno what dronell makes their rims out of ? heard somewhere it was forged alminum..but not so sure...thx

boris
Old 01-27-02, 02:18 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By the way, Dronnell is made in Taiwan. The company is Japanese but the rims themselves are made in Taiwan. I don't really like them because the designer of the rims take the best designs from other companies (like Hamann, HRE, etc) and copy them to use as their own. Otherwise, build quality and material is excellent. Just not worth the price if you ask me.

I know this because I know the owner's son.
Old 01-28-02, 12:06 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Joko, can you talk to them and tell them to STOP DOING that! Why not make some ORIGINAL designs, make them well, and sell them for a good price? They'll gain a lot of respect from that.

I too wouldn't buy Dronells because of the design copy issue and because for the money, I'd rather buy something else from a company that has some more integrity....
Old 01-28-02, 09:22 AM
enginyr
Banned

Striking resemblance
Attached Images  
Old 01-28-02, 09:25 AM
enginyr
Banned

things that make ya go hmmm.....
Attached Images  
Old 01-28-02, 04:02 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, the Manaray VR line of wheels are also wheels I wouldn't do...they really disappointed me when they came out with that. Their high end line of wheels look much better and they're real 3-piecers...
Old 01-28-02, 04:57 PM
enginyr
Banned

Originally posted by manaray
Yeah, the Manaray VR line of wheels are also wheels I wouldn't do...they really disappointed me when they came out with that. Their high end line of wheels look much better and they're real 3-piecers...
So because they make a COPY KAT rim, the rest of their line is crap along with their name for being a copy kat manufacturer....thus the name MANARY = Fake ???
Old 01-28-02, 05:33 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by enginyr

So because they make a COPY KAT rim, the rest of their line is crap along with their name for being a copy kat manufacturer....thus the name MANARY = Fake ???
Hey no dissing Manaray.....I think Manaray is about to open a can of whoop ***!

I'll be leaving this section of the forum before Manaray arrives....pupu is going to hit the fan...
Old 01-29-02, 12:34 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

No, the difference is, is that Manaray Sport started off making higher end wheels. They didn't make the VR series until recently. Other brands, like ADR built their WHOLE BUSINESS MODEL on doing knock-offs and they do EXACT knock-offs with no shame. The VR's are not exact knock-offs (but I still don't think they should have ever made them)...

So Enginyr, what are you trying to get at exactly?

If you're trying to justify knock-off wheels, forget about it. There is no justification. Knock-off brands like ADR make wheels in the cheapest way possible. They just copy design so they dont' have to come up with anything original. It's all about maximizing their profits, not providing their customers with the best product. They're no better than companies that make fake Louis Vuitton bags or make fake Rolexes. How can you be proud to buy that kinda cráp? Just to say "I saved money"?

Like I've said, I think Manaray Sport was dumb for doing what they did with their VR line (it's interesting that they didn't just make less expensive versions of their wheels...)...this does tarnish their image to a lot of people including me...but at least it's only a small portion of their entire wheel line, not the ENTIRE line like ADR...

Luckily for the knock-off manufactures, there is no provision in the copyright laws for wheel designs (too bad!)
Old 01-29-02, 02:01 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by manaray
Hey Joko, can you talk to them and tell them to STOP DOING that! Why not make some ORIGINAL designs, make them well, and sell them for a good price? They'll gain a lot of respect from that.

I too wouldn't buy Dronells because of the design copy issue and because for the money, I'd rather buy something else from a company that has some more integrity....
if all they want is to gain respect, then companies like Axis and ADR wouldn't be in business they'll be selling newspaper in newsstands or something.

If a company can DESIGN + R&D for quality = good company. Like Volk/Advan/SSR/Work!

Quick Reply: dronel rims