Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

L-Tuned Rims with BBK (Supra) fittment?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-07, 04:12 PM
GSspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L-Tuned Rims with BBK (Supra) fittment?

HI guys, I need some help, PLEASE,
I want to by the BBK from Carson,
http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=1474

BUT, my question is, will these fit my L-Tuned Superturismo Rims,
there 17x8, I dunno the offset ill have to look at it when i take off a rim but it looks to me as if there is a lot of space for clearance, but still dont want to risk it, as far as the rotor goes, I see its bigger i think its 13in.

I really hope it works but if not, what would i need to get it to fit, what kind of offset should i look for or what type of rim should i look for to get the BBK working for me,

I found some rims 19x8.5 +45 will those work with this setup???

Last edited by GSspeed; 10-03-07 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-04-07, 09:59 PM
kilawatts
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had these same questions a few months back. Offset isn't the only thing you need to look at, but also the design of the wheel itself. I had some L-Tuned Salinas that where a +45 offset. They would not fit the Supra TT BBK. Instead I picked up a set of SSR GT7 wheels and they will clear fine and they are a +42. The reason the SSR will work is based on the design of the spokes on the wheels. They curve put more and allow more clearance. I am sure if you had an aggressive offset wheel like a +30 or +25 you could clear them nomatter what the design. Keep an eye out in the Wheels Classifieds. There are people selling their wheels that had BBK all the time. Good Luck!
Old 10-05-07, 12:09 PM
GSspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the input

I did alot of searching about 2 hrs worth and finally found a thread, and answered all my questions
the rim needs to be 2.75 inches away from the rotor to clear the Supra BBK,

my rims are 2.5, i thought about getting a .25 spacer but what would you think of that, is that a wise choice untill i pic up some rims that i really like instead of getting what is available now for the setup that im trying to do??/