Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Curb Rash from Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-07, 06:58 PM
T1sdsc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Curb Rash from Dealership

I took my car to get serviced two weeks ago and I told them not to put my car through the car wash because I didn't want them to damage my wheels. So when I come back to pick up my car, I had to wait another 40 minutes to get my car back. I come outside and of course they washed it. I find a 10 inch curb wash to rear passenger wheel. My rep comes out and at first he tried to say it was already there. So I talk to his manager and he agrees that the damage was fresh, but it didn't come from the car wash. He tells me that his boy with 20x11 wheels went through the car wash with no problem. There was a little bit of red paint on the curb rash and he said it was probably when they were bringing in my car. The workers thought they forgot to wash it and in their rush, they scraped the sidewalk or something. The manager said they would replace it and they would give me call after talking with his wheel connection. They called me the other day and said they couldn't find anybody to replace the wheel in a timely manner. They wanted me to leave my car at the dealership, while they would send my wheel to the east coast to have it repaired. I really don't want to be leaving my car there and they couldn't even give me an estimated time for the repair.
I'm open to suggestions on how to deal with this situation. Wheels by the way are Work Rezax Universals 19x10. Thanks.
Old 05-10-07, 08:28 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by T1sdsc
I took my car to get serviced two weeks ago and I told them not to put my car through the car wash because I didn't want them to damage my wheels. So when I come back to pick up my car, I had to wait another 40 minutes to get my car back. I come outside and of course they washed it. I find a 10 inch curb wash to rear passenger wheel. My rep comes out and at first he tried to say it was already there. So I talk to his manager and he agrees that the damage was fresh, but it didn't come from the car wash. He tells me that his boy with 20x11 wheels went through the car wash with no problem. There was a little bit of red paint on the curb rash and he said it was probably when they were bringing in my car. The workers thought they forgot to wash it and in their rush, they scraped the sidewalk or something. The manager said they would replace it and they would give me call after talking with his wheel connection. They called me the other day and said they couldn't find anybody to replace the wheel in a timely manner. They wanted me to leave my car at the dealership, while they would send my wheel to the east coast to have it repaired. I really don't want to be leaving my car there and they couldn't even give me an estimated time for the repair.
I'm open to suggestions on how to deal with this situation. Wheels by the way are Work Rezax Universals 19x10. Thanks.
have it refinished if you can't get a replacement in a timely fashion - it's just cosmetic... But... I would ask for a set of stockers to drive on in the mean time if you don't have a set...or a loaner car for the entire time...

why would it go to the east coat though??? almost every major city has a wheel repair shop, wheelsamerica or an independent... wheelsamerica could fix it overnight, and I'm sure most others could too...
Old 05-11-07, 12:12 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm curious as to which dealer is because Mission Viejo Lexus did the same thing to one of my front wheels years ago by banging it in to one of the lifts in the shop. They got it fixed and did a decent job.

Maybe you should put the dealer in touch with a CL vendor who can get a new, replacement wheel. I don't blame you for not wanting to leave the car at the shop for an extended period of time.
Old 05-11-07, 06:01 PM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Ask for a set of loaner wheels, then have the damaged wheel refinished, and present the dealership with the bill. That seems like the easiest way for both parties.
Old 05-11-07, 07:49 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That Mission Viejo dealer is horrible. Good luck getting it fixed. I would demand a loaner if they need to keep your car. As my dad always told me, nothing good comes when your car sits in a shop.
Old 05-12-07, 10:18 AM
wilkie1020
Driver School Candidate

Here is a phone # from a ad on ebay from a place that repairs wheels in Socal. I don't know anything about them, but might be worth a call.

CALL (818) 807-3591 or E-MAIL oewheel@socal.rr.com
Old 05-15-07, 12:50 AM
T1sdsc
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 05-15-07, 01:29 AM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

or you can try magmasters

714 541 9777
Old 05-17-07, 12:10 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ILOVEGIRLS
or you can try magmasters

714 541 9777
Good recommendation.
Old 05-24-07, 04:52 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by T1sdsc
Wheels by the way are Work Rezax Universals 19x10. Thanks.
I think this might be too late, but if your Work Rezax is not chrome then you are OUT OF LUCK! If I am not mistaken, your Work wheel has anodized lip. You can do a search as the anodized lip issue has been mentioned more than a few times. Bottomline, the lip will NEVER be the same no matter how you fix it because you can't re-anodized the lip.

BTW, maybe you want to post the name of the dealership so people are aware of it.
Old 05-24-07, 08:57 PM
OoAaronoO
Driver

why can't u re-ano the lip? just out of curisoity? their is a resin or some thing like a wax that u can put over materials that u do not want annoed and it protects the color. iv never messed with rims and could be wrong. but have done paintball guns and other lil objects that we have messed wit
Old 05-29-07, 11:57 PM
T1sdsc
Driver School Candidate

The finish on the wheels are super chrome. I thought the universals only came in chrome? I tried asking if they would just let me replace the wheel but they said the damage wasn't bad enough to replace. They were willing to let me find a place of my own to get the wheel fixed. So if it's chrome I should still be able to get it fixed, right? The dealership I went to was Kearny Mesa Lexus in SD. They've been cool other than the my current issue with them.