Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Some Insight please Rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-07, 02:10 PM
Koofter
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Insight please Rims

Hey guys...I have a white 06 Gs300...Gonna get wheels soon just cant decide between High polished finish or Chrome.... Getting mixed reviews but im leaning towards High polished, but i heard the maintenance on keeping them clean is very difficult. Anybody have any insight on this. What do u recommend for keeping them clean because i heard certain chemicals can wear the polish out? is that correct? Any insight would really help need to order them soon.
Thanks
Old 04-11-07, 03:31 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Koofter
Hey guys...I have a white 06 Gs300...Gonna get wheels soon just cant decide between High polished finish or Chrome.... Getting mixed reviews but im leaning towards High polished, but i heard the maintenance on keeping them clean is very difficult. Anybody have any insight on this. What do u recommend for keeping them clean because i heard certain chemicals can wear the polish out? is that correct? Any insight would really help need to order them soon.
Thanks
a true polished wheel is bare aluminum... this essentially means that no matter what you do to it, you can always polish it back to bare aluminum shine... This can be somewhat of a pain, but they definitely look nice (close to chrome even) if polished properly...

HOWEVER, many wheel companies clear coat their aluminum wheels and you get a somewhat duller finish, but is easier to clean and take care of - these you typically take care of the same way as normal painted