Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

BBS = filing for bankruptcy??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-07, 10:04 PM
LexFather

Unhappy BBS = filing for bankruptcy??

http://www.auto-motor-und-spor...5.hbs (in german)

(babelfish translation)

Update +++ the autosupplier BBS automotive technology AG in scold oh (circle Rottweil), one of the prominent manufacturers of light alloy wheels, placed insolvency request. As reason for the inability to pay the enterprise gave on Tuesday (6,2.) the way breaking of a bank on.

A catching solution failed. The technology leader with high-quality light alloy wheels had still briefly before communicated the change at the point of the supervisory board. The former minister of economics of Baden-Wuerttemberg Walter Doering should replace Hans-Peter Hirner (71).

BBS had communicated in August 2006 that the enterprise had to accept a result depression because of aluminum prices snapped the strongly up. The additional tax result sagged in the first half-year on minus 3.8 million euro. For the whole year 2006 BBS had expected a conversion of 200 million euro. The conversion of the yearly 2005 was with 189.8 million euro. BBS employs approximately 1,200 humans in the company.

Serious liquidity difficulties

"although to the time of the filing of an application still promising negotiations were led to the re-establishment of the solvency of the enterprise, were the reason for the filing of an application that the society was come into serious liquidity difficulties and the end of the request period stood, was called after Paragraf 92 of the law on limited companies before the expiration" it in the report of BBS.

A solution for the re-establishment of the solvency appeared last, which should be carried by the big customers of the enterprise. The promise of the big customers to make the necessary liquidity available by larger Vorfaelligkeitszahlungen it was also given. The conversion of the concept failed however at the night to Tuesday because of the resistance of one of the banks involved, although the society granted for the purpose of the continuation of the financing collateral to the financing banks. A catching solution under excluding the bank concerned did not come therefore no more to conditions.
Old 02-06-07, 10:14 PM
hass
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard..sad day
-hass
Old 02-06-07, 10:45 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

uh-oh!!

Then what does that mean for the IS-F wheels?!?!?!
Old 02-06-07, 11:01 PM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver

Hopefully they have a clearance sale
Old 02-06-07, 11:10 PM
tcheung87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrurmil
Good one
Old 02-06-07, 11:31 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I thought they supplied motorcorps with many OE wheels and also major dealings with JGTC and other divisions of racing. They have one of the best reputations in the wheel industry...this is so hard to believe...

edit: on second thought, I'm not that suprised with all the knock off rims going around. SSR goes, then BBS, then what? Rays Engineering? How many reputable companies and original designs have to fall before all of this knock off crap stops? sigh...

Last edited by G Star; 02-06-07 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-06-07, 11:38 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

noooooooo. This can't be happening

I love BBS, more so the LM-series. Very very sad day
Old 02-06-07, 11:40 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

is BBS goes under, what would ferrari F1 248 use?
Old 02-06-07, 11:51 PM
LexFather

I do find this very odd...I mean they supply most of the racing wheels used...their prices are very very high and I think with the bling craze and every advertising Forged (even if the process is not as strict as BBS) they lost the advantage...
Old 02-07-07, 10:34 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrurmil
I am sorry but nothing funny about the statement. At least for the car enthusiast.

Originally Posted by Xotic sC

edit: on second thought, I'm not that suprised with all the knock off rims going around. SSR goes, then BBS, then what? Rays Engineering? How many reputable companies and original designs have to fall before all of this knock off crap stops? sigh...
That is why I have always been a vocal person about authentic brand. You see all those excuses about "can't justified a set of wheels" or something else. To me, if you can't afford it don't even bother to make yourself look like you are rocking a set of expensive wheels by going knock off. Yes, one of the reason for the hardship is the rising aluminum cost. However, w/o knock off market I think the company would be much better of. Its sad to see all these great manufacturers to go down like that. I can go on and on for days on this but I will leave it here.
Old 02-07-07, 10:52 AM
Kevin@MVP
Former Sponsor

FYI guys, just like SSR they will be bought out by another company and still be manufacturing wheels.

Regards,

Kevin
Old 02-07-07, 10:58 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin@MVP
FYI guys, just like SSR they will be bought out by another company and still be manufacturing wheels.

Regards,

Kevin

Right, but the question is will they maintain their quality standards if the 'other company' has less rigour.

Kind of like Ford buying Jaguar... wait - bad example
Old 02-07-07, 11:01 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kevin@MVP

Regards,

Kevin
true, but if you check, the acquirer scaled back and eliminated some of the wheels. This means less selection for the consumers. and of course, dave has another valid point.

Last edited by GSXOTIC; 02-07-07 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-07-07, 11:19 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

This is a sad day guys.
Hope they will be bought by a company that knows what its doing.
Old 02-07-07, 11:31 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by GFerg
uh-oh!!

Then what does that mean for the IS-F wheels?!?!?!
Originally Posted by Richie
This is a sad day guys.
Hope they will be bought by a company that knows what its doing.
Maybe Toyota should consider buying it & make BBS wheels standard on all their Lexus models, with optional rims as well, then their cars will look even better (WISHFUL THINKING) . . .

Quick Reply: BBS = filing for bankruptcy??