Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Offsets of the rims

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-01, 12:07 AM
Sexlexo69
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Offsets of the rims

Hey whats going on guys?
I am just wondering what the offset of the rims are cuz i am getting rims and havent found where the offset patter is, so see if anyone can tell me about that. And another thing, about the trunk, Do you guys know, since i want to get a sound system, if we can get more space in the trunk by trying to cut the space that seems to be blocked off in the back there? Ihope someone knows about this cuz I want get a little more base and take all the Nakamichi stuff out of there. Ive had enough of the stock stuff time to move to either Pioneer or Alpine Screen/ DVD units. anyways guys let me know about these two problems.
Sexlexo69. my aim is Clugladiator69 on AIM so see if yo guys can get a hold of me. I wouldnt mind having people that know about my car a click away
Peace out, Sean
Old 11-08-01, 08:17 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i believe you can just ask the rim place to get the correct offset for you in which size rims you prefer. make sure to tell them if you lowered your car or not... because the rims might rub. as far as getting more room in your trunk, man, the only way you can get more room is to remove your spare tire area and put some subs in there. make sure to dynamat or something similar. i have an alpine set up, it's not hard to add aftermarket components in your ride. good luck!
Old 11-08-01, 08:38 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

You can't cut any space out of the back because that's where the gas tank is, but if you're willing to do some custom work, the left and right corners of the trunk have plenty of space for two 12"'s and if you want, you can use the cut out for the stock 10" as a giant band-pass port to put some ear-bleeding bass in your ride.
Old 11-08-01, 08:40 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

true, but man, that's getting expensive! wish i had that kind of cash...
Old 11-08-01, 08:48 PM
Sexlexo69
Driver School Candidate

thanks guys,
Are you sure that the gas tank is next to the back seat in the trunk? you guys know what space I am talking about right? It seems really easy to take off and I think with just cutting the sides that would do the job. I dont know i think I am going to ask some people what I can do with it, cuz I need to put some more Bass in the back there. How is the Alpine set up going for ya Do Luck sc? By the way do you have a Do luck body kit or what?
Peace out, Sean
Old 11-08-01, 09:48 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

yup, that's a gas tank back there. you can see for yourself. it's a big brass colored thing! hehe. my alpine set up is cool. i'm going to put in the new pxa-h900 sound processor soon. and yes, i do have a do luck body kit. i hear that alpine has a new touch screen. might be saving up for that. as for bass, i'm just using a free air in the back. bass gives me too much headache, besides, having a mobile theatre in your car doesn't really need bass, i like crisp sounds opposed to thumping on my back and ears. but that's just me. save your money for multi-media. plus, girls like it more than bass. hehe
Old 11-09-01, 11:14 AM
Sexlexo69
Driver School Candidate

damn I guess it is the gas tank. Pretty weird place to put the gas tank. I am planning on getting the pioneer head unit I forget the model of it but you know the dvd one. Once I get a decent credit card and a little job ill be able to pay for it, and I think a little more bass is needed in the back there or maybe ill just get a powerful 12 and power it like no other. Is it possible to do that? What about the speakers in the back panel, are they 6x9 or what? that would also make a difference.anyways thank for the advice doluck sc.
Sexlexo69
Old 11-09-01, 11:38 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

for some reason everyone i know likes that pioneer one. go figure. but yeah, sucks that the gas tank was there. i put in 2 x 12" JL W6 in there with an old school rockford amp and it didn't hit, so be careful. i tried everything except for a bass port which i hear works! but too much money for me. i just stuck with my free air. the speakers in the back are actually 5.25. kinda small, but they designed the pioneer system to sound like this. they're 4 inch in the front and 5.25 in the back. i hope this helps. oh, the stock sub is 10"