Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Experience with these tires?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-06, 12:42 AM
silkiechic
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Experience with these tires?

I have a 93 SC 300 with the IS wheels. Thus am looking for tires that are 215/45/17's that are at least Z rated.

I am currently running on Dunlop Sport 9000's with the tread pretty much even with the wear bars. I know they are summer tires and so I try not to drive with snow on the road but have some cable chains which works just fine. I guess I am happy with the tires but I've only used them for the last 20K miles of their life. No idea how much life they had when I got the car back in mid 04 so don't really know how long they lasted. They seem fine to me even with no tread so maybe I just don't know what a good tire is.

Basically I need new tires and don't know what I should get.

One important critera is cost because I don't think I should be asking for a set of tires that will end up 1k after installation. I guess tread life is also important because a set of tires lasting twice as long for twice the price would be the same.

What do you guys think about:

1) Kumho Ecsta SPT tires
2) Dunlp SP Sport Maxx tires
3) Or should I just go for what I have now and be done with it?

I guess another thing I should consider is an all season tire since it is icy here in the winters and can snow, but I have been using these summer tires on there now even in their bad condition for this winter and last winter with no problems. Just drive slow and carefully.

What do you suggest to be my next set of tires?