Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

I cant decide on Rims....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-01, 07:52 PM
mdw131
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I cant decide on Rims....

Its going on a GS300...Its white but i am probably getting a new one in black or blue next year....

[IMG]http://www.superbuytires.com/wheels/NicheSpitfire.JPG
[/IMG]
Old 10-18-01, 07:54 PM
mdw131
Lead Lap

Old 10-18-01, 08:31 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think any of those looks good on a GS.... or on any cars.

If you like bling bling chrome look go with LD-1.
Old 10-18-01, 09:32 PM
Lexus_IS300
Lead Lap

none of those are my style.
Old 10-19-01, 02:59 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Globe, as usual, we're in agreement...I too wouldn't disgrace even a true beater (like a '85 Ford Taurus) with those "wheels"...

IMO, anything from Arelli, Elite, MHT, Niche, Driv, etc. are pretty much ugly (especially Arelli)...

Why not try www.dazzmotorsports.com or www.gtautosports.com instead of www.ghettosuperstarwheels.com....
Old 10-19-01, 07:30 AM
mdw131
Lead Lap

Unhappy All Ghetto?

I thought some of them werent too ghetto.....

Show me some pics of rims you guys would recommend. Yeah Lowenhart look nice, personally i like the BR5 better, but they are too expensive. I only want to spend like 3500 at most.
Old 10-19-01, 10:21 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

md,

that is a very good budget, def get something that you like and classy looking for the GS
Old 10-19-01, 11:11 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: All Ghetto?

Originally posted by mdw131
I thought some of them werent too ghetto.....

Show me some pics of rims you guys would recommend. Yeah Lowenhart look nice, personally i like the BR5 better, but they are too expensive. I only want to spend like 3500 at most.

what sizes are you looking for?

You can get TOP OF THE LINE 18s for 3500, and VERY NICE 19s too. All including tires..... i think..
Old 10-19-01, 01:33 PM
mdw131
Lead Lap

20 inches globe...All those were in the 3000's with wheels and tires....
Old 10-19-01, 03:37 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

20 inches globe...All those were in the 3000's with wheels and tires....
So like I said, 3500 can get you some NICE 19s. That says something about all those 20s under 3k.
Old 10-19-01, 04:35 PM
mdw131
Lead Lap

LOL... Very funny globe. Its not that i am limited to 3-4000 its all that i want to spend. Why not get 20's....Someone getting 19's is liking saying i am too much of a coward to get 20's. If you go, you got to go all out. No chickening out....

So what are some "nice" rims in your opinion??? You keep telling me "nice" but what is it? I am not into the whole racing/HP scene so i dont care that Chrome would slow me down btw....

Thanks man
Old 10-19-01, 04:49 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

LOL... Very funny globe. Its not that i am limited to 3-4000 its all that i want to spend. Why not get 20's....Someone getting 19's is liking saying i am too much of a coward to get 20's. If you go, you got to go all out. No chickening out....

So what are some "nice" rims in your opinion??? You keep telling me "nice" but what is it? I am not into the whole racing/HP scene so i dont care that Chrome would slow me down btw....

Thanks man
I'm not saying anything's wrong with 20s, it's just that most 20in rims are for looks only, especially those BLING BLING chrome wheels. Not my taste but I respect other people's choices. IMO going all out isn't just going 20s fat chrome but also go STRICTLY superlight forged wheels 17inch with the best performance tires you can find.

Nice wheels....... generally acceptable design, good quality, worth the cost. The wheels you listed might be good looking to some, but for the majority of the people here I'm sure they won't like those types. Quality wise those companies aren't good either. Their quality is ACCEPTABLE, but not even NICE. Just acceptable. worth the cost? 3000~4000 is all you wanna spend then okay. I would most likely spend under 3000 but I'm only shooting for 18s so I can get some really great 18s I already know. Now I think the wheels you listed, even in 20" sizes, would worth about 1200 dollars.

There are only a few 20s I think are nice. LowenHart LD1 for example has good quality, popular design, and a really classy look to it not just some in-your-face mirror chrome with jagged edges and stuff, you know?

So if you want 20s, then obviously you're going for the phat looks. Then maybe quality won't be a key factor. MY suggestion is to just choose a design you like, but keep in mind quality has to do with everything from the strength of the wheels to the chrome surface. Bad quality chrome surfaces might chip easily. You need to watch out for those, especially if you're goin to go with one of the wheels you've listed.

Just my opinions. Listen to Manaray, he's the expert on wheels
Old 10-19-01, 06:21 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Thanks man

Dude, in all honesty, go with what you like. If you like to go with some phat chromes, then GET IT. If you like light non-chrome rims, then GET IT. For most people on here, they like non-chrome but for me I just think non-chrome just doesn't cut it. As for the lowenhart, even though its a high-quality wheel company, some wheel design just look plain NASTY IMO. I had my choices when I chose my 20's, I looked at lowenhart, HRE, etc.. all high -quality brand, but I just couldn't see myself forking over lots of $$$ for designs in which *I* think just plain sucks. Its like versace/armani making an expensive suit but it is green with yellow dots on them. Are you going to get it just because its made by a quality maker? You will also look at the design(appealing factor) too.

So again, its really upon what you like, you will get alot of bias responses to alot of wheels, but in the end, you are the only one who will see it everyday, you are the only one who will be cleaning them, and your the one thats spending you own money.

Arelli, Giovanna, Lexani are not as up there with lowneharts BUT, they are not at the bottom of the barrel either. The chrome will last JUST AS LONG as lowneharts will last. Except for knock-offs, I see nothing wrong in getting those rims. Though, some designs for lexani's are a little too crazy for me

Last edited by D-MAN63; 10-19-01 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-19-01, 06:31 PM
Wheels Boutique
Former sponsor

you can get that race look and chrome it depends on what you like br5 are my favorite. check out maybe some Zenetti they have inexpensive chrome 20" www.wheelsboutique.com
Old 10-20-01, 02:58 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

mdw131 - Getting 19's doesn't mean you chickened out of getting 20's...I too would rather getting good quality 19's than some hokey ghetto 20's if price was a limiting factor. In your case it doesn't sound like it. For $4000, you should be able to get some decent 20's...are you going to get a staggered setup or a straight setup? This too will affect your final price...

As for weight, since you're already pushing a heavy car with an underpowered engine, adding extra weight to wheels will make a difference. You don't have to be a "racer" to appreciate good acceleration. Afterall, if you do decided to do a little "stoplight to stoplight" race one day, you'll look silly getting beat by a stock V6 Accord with 4 people in it...especially more so since you have a hooked up GS!

Lowenharts are good look wheels that are top notch quality. Heavy, definitely. But since you don't really care about that, I would recommend giving them a look. The BR5, LR5, BS5, and LD1's are all great looking wheels. I'm partial to the look of the LR5's on the GS though...

There are also many high quality Japanese wheels (check out www.gtautosports.com) too...and you can even do 20" Carlsson wheels now (2/5 design)...

Dieselman - Hehehhe...I think it's more like Lowenhart and HRE compare to Armani suits (high quality classic suits) and you being more interested in a "wilder" looking suit (green w/yellow dots?)...

But like Dieselman said, get what you want...if you like ghetto rap-star wheels then get 'em...it's your car afterall...

I would NOT recommend Zenetti's though...I'd rather leave my car stock until I could afford some better wheels...

Quick Reply: I cant decide on Rims....