Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

iROTORS.com = TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-06, 10:19 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down iROTORS.com = TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

ok, i placed my order for rotors for my 1999 RX300 (based on everyones great things to say about the rotors) on Sept. 27, 2006... i received an email from them the following week stating that my rotors were in transit and to be delivered by DHL by Oct. 12, 2006... ok, so 2 weeks, no so bad. the 12th goes by... no package... the 13th, no package... and i call DHL on the 14th to see what the deal with my package is and they tell me that the item was never shipped and that iROTORS printed the packing slip but NEVER SENT IT OUT!!!! so i call up iROTORS and it took me well over 45 mins. before i got someone on the phone after calling back at least 30 times b/c the way their automated service is set up... it hangs up on you if no one picks up after a minute or so of trying different extensions... when i FINALLY got someone on the phone, she was RUDE and unpleasant and she told me that it wasnt sent out by accident and that they would send it out that day and email me a new tracking number... well, its now monday and NO EMAIL and i have been on the phone trying to get through to them for the past 1/2 hour (currently on the phone as i type this) and there is NO ONE TO PICK UP A PHONE CALL!!! to me, this is COMPLETELY UNACCETABLE!!!!! so to all those thinking about dealing with them.... be WARNED and to iROTORS customer service (its NON-EXISTENT)
Old 10-16-06, 10:41 AM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a bad experience with them as well.....Got my shipment from them and had the car up on jack stands, did the fronts and them went to do the rears and realized the rotors didnt fit between the calipers so Im like...WTF!!!! Call them up and gave them the stock number they sent me and they sent the wrong rears. My car was an 02 GS430 and they sent me some for a 95 ES. You can figure out how happy I was with the car sitting up on stands with no rear rotors to be put on. Also I may point out that there rotors suck and warped in about 5-8K miles. Rotora is the way to go imo....buyers beware
Old 10-16-06, 12:31 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on this. At one time, I had looked at irotors, but have also made the decision to go with Rotoras once my current rotors warp out beyond machining.
Old 10-18-06, 03:10 PM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have run into the same things, I have called numerous times to get info, and have never reached anyone. I've left several messages, with no relplies, and sent countless emails and recieved 1 generic reply !!!! I have decided to go a different route as well. Good rotors or not, I can put effort into a company with no ability to communicate. Anyone know anything about 88rotors.com?
Old 10-18-06, 03:24 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by GREED777
I have run into the same things, I have called numerous times to get info, and have never reached anyone. I've left several messages, with no relplies, and sent countless emails and recieved 1 generic reply !!!! I have decided to go a different route as well. Good rotors or not, I can put effort into a company with no ability to communicate. Anyone know anything about 88rotors.com?
88rotors.com is run by our very own club lexus member. He is a great guy, with business principles, I'm sure he'll treat you right-name's Ken.
Old 10-18-06, 05:26 PM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

That's great to hear, I put in my order this afternoon. So far the customer service has been .
Old 10-19-06, 08:25 PM
Hai_Nguyen
Pole Position

I had heard that their rotors were good after searching a few threads here on CL. I bought a set of rotors/pads from them and had to wait over 3 weeks for it to arrive. I tracked the shipping and the estimated date of delivery was bumped back practically EVERY time I checked it!
Anyways, I finally got em and installed. They've been good so far so no complaints from me (at least not yet).
AZdesertGS, which ones did you get? cross drilled? I've only had mine on for about 1k miles.
Shouldnt this be moved to buyer/seller feedback?
Old 10-21-06, 10:27 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry and the saga continues....

well, the horror story continues... so i FINALLY got the rotors (almost 1 month after i ordered them) and i only received 3 rotors!!!! i was like WTF?!?!?! and not just that, one of them had rust on it!!! i was soooooooooooo pissed. so i get back on the phone and call for about a 1/2 straight and FINALLY get the "customer service" (same person, only 1 of her) on the phone. and i tell her i have a problem, and right away she gives me an attitude!! when she picked up, she said hello and how can i help you. i said well, this is the 3rd time im calling and i wasnt to happy. she was like "whats the problem" with an attitude. and to myself, i was thinkin why the attitude? so i said i only received 3 rotors and she continues to give me MORE attitude saying well we sell sets of 4 and there is no way that they only sent me 3. so i said to her that im sure u usually send 4, but i only got 3. then she was like, is that all (again, with an attitude) and i said no... one of the rotors is rusted. and right away, she was like "ITS NOT RUST!!" as if she was yelling at me. at that point i had enough. so i said to her, EXCUSE ME... at NO POINT DID I GET LOUD OR GIVE YOU AN ATTITUDE. IT IS COMPLETELY UNECESSARY FOR YOU ACT THIS WAY TOWARDS ME. then i asked her name, and she said "Kim" and proeceeded to spell it out "K-I-M" so at that point i was furious... and i responded to her and said, "ok... K-I-M... im not an idiot and i know what rust is. u cant tell me that its not rust." then she proceeded to tell me that all the rotors are zinc plated at the place so it cant rust and that whatever it was would be taken off when u use the rotors w/the brakes. well little did she know the rust was in the crack of where the surface of the rotor meets the hub and the brake would never touch that spot. so i had to take pics and send to them. man, what a horrible experience. i would NEVER do business with them again lets see how long this is gonna take
Old 10-21-06, 11:06 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Probably the reason for the iRotors Customer DIS-service person having such an attitude is that every phone call she gets is from another pissed customer who didn't get their order, only got part of their order, got the wrong parts in their order, or got damaged parts. So, she has been conditioned into coming out swinging as soon as she answers the phone b/c she suspects the guy on the other end of the line isn't too happy....but that's still no excuse to be a b*t*h about it. Next time you talk to her, if you have to, I'd demand to speak to her supervisor.

Good luck....sounds like you'll need it!
Old 11-27-06, 06:12 PM
Rajshnu
Driver School Candidate

Default Its funny even though it is really not

I had the same issue with iRotors... ordering a full set of slotted and cross-drilled for my 97 SC 400, as well as axxiss metal masters all around. That woman is horrible. After only having the rotors on for one month approx. 1000 miles, one of the fronts is warped (I don't know which one yet). Since I spent so much hard saved money on the set (I was still in law school at the time), I have been riding around on with the warp for over 6 months, not to say that it is my fault. I have tried over 10 calls a week and 5 emails a week to their customer service with NO ONE TO PICK UP THE PHONE. After finally getting a hold of K-I-M, the infamous, she gave me the biggest attitude of how there warranty is only 30 days and I should have reported the prob sooner. I told her that after few weeks of installation, I was advised by them over the phone (the only time) to send an e-mail so that there techs can give me info about replacing under warranty.... she is possibly the world's most horrible customer service rep. Can you believe that she stood to argue with me, and I am a U. Texas law grad. I have seriously thought about litigation, but I think my hourly rate now is far worth more than the hassle. I don't really care if K-I-M works for a ****ty a__ company, she needs to either handle her job or quit.
Old 11-27-06, 06:15 PM
Rajshnu
Driver School Candidate

Default Me again

By the way, I don't know if I mentioned that the rotors rust around the hubs in no time flat... another piece of advice, don't go with axxiss -- too much noise and too much dust, even though they are the only thing that sticks for right now. I just purchased the Akebono ceramics, but I don't know what rotors to get this time... maybe I'll try our member you guys mentioned... thx... also, I have the 97 LS400 calipers up front as a big brake setup (direct replacement on these cars)...
Old 11-28-06, 07:17 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

you guys should really try porterfield... www.racebrakes.com

the guys from the 3000GT racing list pretty much use their stuff exclusively, both with OE brake setups, and the commonly swapped "supra brakes on a vr4"

I have never heard of one bad experience with them, and these are guys that wear out a set of brakes in a weekend or two... I have used their stuff on my own cars, and i love em... not to mention you have options with porterfield

they can do slotted, drilled, or both (personal opinion, slotted or plain stock are the best), and they also do cryo treating...

they have some of the absolute best brake pads for the street (R4S), and you can do the occasional track day with them - excellent fade resistance, even if you overheat them badly, no squeaks, and a reasonable amount of dust...
Old 12-01-06, 01:54 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Same here. Prices are good. Service just sucks. I normally pick up and the last time I gave them my opinion on their service. No return calls, order lost, dropped. Nobody has a clue what is going on over there. No more.

EDIT: Sorry iRotors. I made a mistake. The issue I had above was with R1Concepts and not iRotors. Actually I ordered a full set of rotors from them 2 weeks ago and had them to my door in 1 week. No issues and their phone service was very good.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 04-15-07 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-08-06, 08:15 AM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

This says a lot. Everyone dissatisfied should file a complaint too.
http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...anyID=13173867
Old 12-08-06, 08:49 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, very suprising on my behalf. I've ordered my stuff from them for all my cars, friends cars, and have never had a problem...

I guess it's always the horror stories you hear instead of successful ones...

Quick Reply: iROTORS.com = TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!