Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

replica HRE wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-06, 02:53 PM
vertcobra9
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default replica HRE wheels?

hey guys i have had my IS350 for just over a week now and i want some new rims... I am really loving the HRE C20's but $1500 a pop is a little expensive and i can't see spending 6 g's on rims. I was wondering if anyone knew where or if there are any places that sell replica rims like those at a more reasonable price?
Old 09-23-06, 03:00 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

LOL!
You want a replica of a pure competition wheel.
Do you understand what goes on behind the engineering and design process of the HRE C22?

HRE's regular wheels weren't fit for track use. I've read that certain tracks have disallowed regular HRE wheels on the track because they were having failures. Therefore HRE came up with the HRE Competition series which are built to an even higher standard of engineering...

And you want a replica..

Do yourself a favor. Disregard notions of what is good and what is bad and pick what what is objectively better. I'm a strong advocate of Flik Artics as they are light and cheap. Buy two sets just in case one set gets stolen or you scratch a rim
Old 09-23-06, 03:41 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

engineering: 3-piece lightweight wheel for street & track applications. Titanium fasteners, 6061-T6 forged aluminum center sections.
Forged
Modular

from http://www.wheelenhancement.com/inde...lDetail&id=141
Old 09-23-06, 05:04 PM
vertcobra9
Driver

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
LOL!
Do you understand what goes on behind the engineering and design process of the HRE C22?

HRE's regular wheels weren't fit for track use. I've read that certain tracks have disallowed regular HRE wheels on the track because they were having failures. Therefore HRE came up with the HRE Competition series which are built to an even higher standard of engineering...

And you want a replica..

Do yourself a favor. Disregard notions of what is good and what is bad and pick what what is objectively better. I'm a strong advocate of Flik Artics as they are light and cheap. Buy two sets just in case one set gets stolen or you scratch a rim
hey man no need to reem me out... if you can find a rim that looks like that... sign me up... i could care less about the performance of the rim this is my daily driver I just want something that looks good. I don't know why that is a bad thing... My car isn't going to be seeing much if any track time...
The following users liked this post:
GISguy (08-23-23)
Old 09-23-06, 06:25 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vertcobra9
hey man no need to reem me out... if you can find a rim that looks like that... sign me up... i could care less about the performance of the rim this is my daily driver I just want something that looks good. I don't know why that is a bad thing... My car isn't going to be seeing much if any track time...
I highly doubt he is looking for a real copy of the rim, I think what he was trying to say is that he is looking for a rim that looks very similar, not a knock off, but just a wheel that looks the same, but for a lower price.

As for the wheels, I couldn't find much, but I found this: http://www.mayawheels.com/maya/?sess...7b040f0d0b09ae

The MRS look kinda like that wheel and they have some other really nice ones. They are still pretty expensive, but not as much as the HRE's and they are still good quality, not track quality, but good. Sorry man, good luck on you search...
Old 09-23-06, 08:19 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

You should look into Iforged, some of the wheels copy HREs
Old 09-23-06, 08:32 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

What about these......

Last edited by EXE.UCF10; 09-24-06 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-23-06, 09:38 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by vertcobra9
hey guys i have had my IS350 for just over a week now and i want some new rims... I am really loving the HRE C20's but $1500 a pop is a little expensive and i can't see spending 6 g's on rims. I was wondering if anyone knew where or if there are any places that sell replica rims like those at a more reasonable price?
Yeah, their called I-forged (ducks and hides for cover from hella CL members, lol).

3k is a good price to spend and you can get some quality wheels. DO NOT put CRAP on your Lexus or IS 350. It will show badly.

IS 350= Armani suit
Good wheels= Brooks Brothers Shoes, Mezlan Shoes
Bad wheels= Buddies, payless shoes with your Armani suit.
Old 09-24-06, 02:40 PM
jp_luber
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Yeah, their called I-forged (ducks and hides for cover from hella CL members, lol).

3k is a good price to spend and you can get some quality wheels. DO NOT put CRAP on your Lexus or IS 350. It will show badly.

IS 350= Armani suit
Good wheels= Brooks Brothers Shoes, Mezlan Shoes
Bad wheels= Buddies, payless shoes with your Armani suit.
very good examples...hahah!
Old 09-25-06, 06:25 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

19" Comp series HRE's are not 6k, we can get you a price quote if you like.

MAYA is a good recommendation and they are wayy less than 6k for 19" brushed. Another brand to consider is WORK, there are a few models in the EUROLINE series that may be up your alley, for less money.

The iFORGED debate has been waged about 2.5 million times already so I pretty much just say, if you want them, get them and I was happy with the 2sets that I had in the past.

Hope this helps, you can contact us for a quote (info in sig)
Old 09-26-06, 12:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i wouldn't comment on any of the brands or so here, but i will just say one thing. replica??? whatever style or so i don't care, it's ok. but one should make his mindset right about getting replica for his/her lexus. save up, do it once and do it right
Old 09-26-06, 08:53 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
LOL!

And you want a replica..

The Competition Series wheels were designed to complement HREs existing wheel lines- not to solve a problem or address any issues. The failures you heard about were, in fact, another brand of wheel - not HRE. There was a big blow-up on the forums a year or two ago about a wheel that failed- it wasn't even an HRE, but HRE got a bunch of bad press.

Obviously, if you were running the Rolex series or 24 Hours of LeMans you'd want to run the HRE's Competition wheels instead of the other HRE series. But for regular track days with your Corvette, M3, or 996 Turbo, any of the other HRE wheels are perfectly fine.

The Competition Series wheels are fantastic. The outer rims are heat-treated 6061 aluminum with a unique profile to increase stiffness and reduce weight. The centers are (of course) forged 6061 and are optimized using finite-element analysis to minimize weight and maximize strength and stiffness; even the spoke length changes depending on what the car's bolt pattern is (i.e. Porsche is 5x130, so the spokes must be a little shorter to accommodate the large bolt pattern). Even the assembly bolts are custom made by Poggipolini, the Italian manufacturer that makes Titanium parts for Ducati and Ferrari. No expense was spared when designing these wheels- it was a "clean sheet" effort.

I don't know of anybody making a replica of these. The combination of center profile and rim configuration would make that a challenge, to say the least!

I'd give Derrick @ D2 a call; he can certainly make some great suggestions as he has the experience, the knowledge, and a great eye for design, style, and detail. The IS deserves a quality wheel!
Old 09-26-06, 05:01 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
The Competition Series wheels were designed to complement HREs existing wheel lines- not to solve a problem or address any issues. The failures you heard about were, in fact, another brand of wheel - not HRE. There was a big blow-up on the forums a year or two ago about a wheel that failed- it wasn't even an HRE, but HRE got a bunch of bad press.

Obviously, if you were running the Rolex series or 24 Hours of LeMans you'd want to run the HRE's Competition wheels instead of the other HRE series. But for regular track days with your Corvette, M3, or 996 Turbo, any of the other HRE wheels are perfectly fine.

The Competition Series wheels are fantastic. The outer rims are heat-treated 6061 aluminum with a unique profile to increase stiffness and reduce weight. The centers are (of course) forged 6061 and are optimized using finite-element analysis to minimize weight and maximize strength and stiffness; even the spoke length changes depending on what the car's bolt pattern is (i.e. Porsche is 5x130, so the spokes must be a little shorter to accommodate the large bolt pattern). Even the assembly bolts are custom made by Poggipolini, the Italian manufacturer that makes Titanium parts for Ducati and Ferrari. No expense was spared when designing these wheels- it was a "clean sheet" effort.

I don't know of anybody making a replica of these. The combination of center profile and rim configuration would make that a challenge, to say the least!

I'd give Derrick @ D2 a call; he can certainly make some great suggestions as he has the experience, the knowledge, and a great eye for design, style, and detail. The IS deserves a quality wheel!
This is one of those bible posts......
Old 09-28-06, 04:11 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

No one makes replica in HRE or any other brand.

You can find similar design in many other brands, or replacing the center cap of a brand to another brand (the brand mod ), but you will never get the same quality from two different brand.

I think your question is more like "where to get a similar design like HRE C20", instead of using the word "replica" and making this post become a sensitive topic.

I think everyone here knows more than 5 wheel makers have similar design like HRE C20, and here is my good example

CCW
http://www.ccwheel.com/files/wheelprofiles.php

Hey, I don't mind if Casio makes a Rolex style watch, and if it does happen I will say it is fashion instead of duplication.