Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

can't make up my mind :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-01, 08:46 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can't make up my mind :(

I have finally decided to get some rims . Now i can't decide which ones to get . I have narrowed it down to 2 . My pros and cons .

Volk te-37 mag : Pros - rarity , light weight . Cons - price and the fact i will always be wondering about my rims if i leave it somewhere for a couple of hours unattended .

Volk te-37 : Pros - price is not worth me caring about them getting stolen . Ease of mind . Plus with the money saved i can get coilovers . Cons - somewhat common wheel .

VOlk se-37A same as the te-37 but i kinda think they give more style than the te-37 .

As you can see i'm looking for light wheels .

How do you think dark blue rims ( volk MAG ) will look on my black GS ?

One final thing , do you guys know anything about the strength in 18 " size ? My friend told me not to get lightweight rims cause his thinking is light = weak rims . I think he just wants me to go 20 "He claims his friend bent his Volks . How does the strength compare to stock rims ? Right now i go through pot holes , when i get my volks do i have to go around them ?
Old 10-08-01, 09:56 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: can't make up my mind :(

Originally posted by 1niceride
I have finally decided to get some rims . Now i can't decide which ones to get . I have narrowed it down to 2 . My pros and cons .

Volk te-37 mag : Pros - rarity , light weight . Cons - price and the fact i will always be wondering about my rims if i leave it somewhere for a couple of hours unattended .

Volk te-37 : Pros - price is not worth me caring about them getting stolen . Ease of mind . Plus with the money saved i can get coilovers . Cons - somewhat common wheel .

VOlk se-37A same as the te-37 but i kinda think they give more style than the te-37 .

As you can see i'm looking for light wheels .

How do you think dark blue rims ( volk MAG ) will look on my black GS ?

One final thing , do you guys know anything about the strength in 18 " size ? My friend told me not to get lightweight rims cause his thinking is light = weak rims . I think he just wants me to go 20 "He claims his friend bent his Volks . How does the strength compare to stock rims ? Right now i go through pot holes , when i get my volks do i have to go around them ?
I think:

TE37 Mags: Good, SUPER-rare, light, strong. Damn expensive! IMO not worth the extra dough. Do you know Volk Racing released that blue color with the regular TE37s? That means it'll be harder to tell if they're really MAGs or not now, unless you look close. Dark blue on black, hmm........ hmm..............

TE37 regular: They're not THAT common. 70% of the TE37s you see are either the "F1" imitations or some other nameless imitation. I don't think some dude in a beat-up black civic hatch with fiberglass color kit and DIY tint paper will buy real TE37s .

SE37A: They're pretty nice. Black GS, looks DOPE. Mesh design hard to distinguish from most of the mesh wheels out there. However it does stand out. Bronze is dope!

I would go with either TE37 regular or SE37A. What about look into LE37s? LE37T is nice on a black GS, gunmetal spokes with polished lip. FABULOUS on a black GS!
Old 10-09-01, 09:19 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Okay the te-37 just got eliminated cause the le-37T looks better . I love the polished lip idea .

I was going to buy the racing hart M5 cause i liked the polished lip but they were heavy compared to the Volks .

So now the choice is se-37a or le-37t .

What do you think about the GT-N ? The volk ads has that skyline with them wheels and it has big lips.
Old 10-09-01, 10:54 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Okay the te-37 just got eliminated cause the le-37T looks better . I love the polished lip idea .

I was going to buy the racing hart M5 cause i liked the polished lip but they were heavy compared to the Volks .

So now the choice is se-37a or le-37t .

What do you think about the GT-N ? The volk ads has that skyline with them wheels and it has big lips.

SE-37A I saw one on a silver WRX today. The rim is silver too (first time seeing silver SE37A in person) and it looks pretty nice. However there isn't much lip at all. If you want lip AND that kinda mesh, go with LE37K. Same gunmetal with polished lip.

GT-N is okay. I actually like GT-A and GT-P better. Too bad GT-A only goes up to 17s.

I don't know any rims that'll go wider than the VolkRacing GT series!! GT-A and GT-P goes as wide as 18x13~~~!!!!!! that's crazy!!! Talk about some 355/35/18 tires!!!!! ahhahaha hhahaha major lip!!!
Old 10-10-01, 09:55 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks , Globe !

I am going with the LE-37T as long as it doesn't weigh a whole lot more than the SE-37A .

I wonder is it a pain to keep the lips clean or scratch free ?
Old 10-11-01, 12:12 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks , Globe !

I am going with the LE-37T as long as it doesn't weigh a whole lot more than the SE-37A .

I wonder is it a pain to keep the lips clean or scratch free ?
It's easy to keep the lips clean. Somehow the dusts and stuff sticks to the spokes more than the lip but if you're getting gunmetal colored spokes then that wouldn't be a problem. Scratches, heh you can't get the lips scratched with curbside accidents. And I don't think anyone will intentionally key the lips so you're all fine