Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

D2 is killing me! Need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-06, 03:15 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default D2 is killing me! Need some help!

... with their GREAT prices on their Work group buy .. now I'm totally confused!

Here is my dillemma. My favorite wheel so far has been the Work Equip. I wanted to get those in 19" chrome. Unfortunately they are not included in the group buy, but D2 still has a good price. I also really like a couple of the Euroline models they have that are part of the group buy... and they're growing on me even more. The problem is the Eqips are almost 1.5 times the Eurolines.. so I can't decide what to do. Now I need some reccomendations

First off I have a silver 94 LS400. I love the classic 5 spoke design of the Equips.. and I think in chrome they look great on a silver car. For the most part I haven't been a fan of silver wheels on silver cars.. If I had a black car, I would definitely get silver wheels.. I think thats a really classy look.

So the Eurolines I am considering are the SL, the DH, and the FE.. Now some pictures:

My favorite... and the most expensive

Another very sexy wheel, the Euroline SL:

The Euroline DH.. I'd get these if my car was a different color. I think on my silver LS these will just make the car look dated... But the So Cal guys rock these and they look great..

This is the last wheel I'm considering.. the FE. I've seen them look great on an LS430, and on a 3GS... but I'm not sure if they will go with my first gen LS.

So I don't know what to do. Right now the Euroline SL are really growing on me. I'm leaning towards getting a set of those in the Brushed Aluminum finish, or maybe even the chrome! But I think they will lose their look in chrome.. I don't know.

The other option is to try and save up some more, and get the Eqips. But if I do buy the Equips now, I'll have to wait for a little while longer before I can buy tires and actually get them on the car. Boy those SLs are looking sexier by the minute..

The other thing is I don't know how nice silver wheels will look on a silver car.. If I had a darker color, I wouldn't worry a bit..

So what do you guys think? Should I go with the SLs? Maybe SLs in chrome? Or just go with the Equips? I don't know! Need some opinions! The only consideration here is not money. Even if money wasn't an object, I'd still have trouble deciding between the Equips and the SLs.. I really wish my car was a darker color.. then I'd jump on the SLs in that brushed finish in a heartbeat.. Ahh I dunno.. I guess I can't go wrong.. but still..
Old 08-07-06, 03:17 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Some more pictures to help with the confusion:

Look at how sweet these SLs look on a dark car.. I wish my car was darker!

Same with the equips! These are PROPER

The SLs look amazing on this beemer..

I guess silver on silver doesn't look that bad.. but that color is significantly darker than the 94 LS I have:

Old 08-07-06, 03:55 PM
Mattress
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you do have the option to blackin the SL's which is what im lookin in to, (Burnished GOld Gs3)..

hey BTW do you have a pic of the gs3 with those fe's on it???
Old 08-07-06, 04:22 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mattress
you do have the option to blackin the SL's which is what im lookin in to, (Burnished GOld Gs3)..

hey BTW do you have a pic of the gs3 with those fe's on it???
I'm not feelin the black on silver look.. I dunno. I'll try to look for that pic. I don't remeber if it was the FE exactly or a very similar wheel.. but I'll look for it.
Old 08-07-06, 05:04 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man I'm loving these rims. I wonder if they would fit on da ES?
Old 08-07-06, 05:13 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

D2 is great, bought my set of works from him. I prefer the FE's as I like the mesh pattern, but I also like the 5 spoke. Can't go wrong with either.
Old 08-07-06, 05:33 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm strongly considering the FE's for my 3GS as well.
Old 08-07-06, 06:27 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All great choices, SL is very nice, would be my 2nd choice, but the top choice has to be the equip. Classic wheel, still a beautiful wheel and looks sick on the GS End of discussion
Old 08-07-06, 08:01 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

uhh, these are goin on a 1st gen LS4...

you still got my vote on the SL's and the FE's the DH Eurolines seem a bit played out almost just because so many LS' have them (not that thats a bad thing).
Old 08-07-06, 08:59 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

here are these FE mounted.......................................................

but if your car is LS......my vote is for the DH
Old 08-07-06, 09:09 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
D2 is great, bought my set of works from him. I prefer the FE's as I like the mesh pattern, but I also like the 5 spoke. Can't go wrong with either.

Yeah you got the last of the Mohicans (the 19" Termist TM1). Trust me ALOT of people are kicking themselves for not jumping on those when they had the chance!!
Old 08-07-06, 09:10 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Smitty0881
Man I'm loving these rims. I wonder if they would fit on da ES?

C'mon Smitty, you know better than that!! Custom made, of course we can have a set built for your ES!
Old 08-08-06, 01:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

persnoally DH woudl be my choice, but the SL is a very very close 2nd
Old 08-08-06, 10:46 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

In my opinion...

1) Work Equips
2) Euroline FE's
3) Euroline SL's
4) Euroline DH's

They are all great choices. I can see why you're having such a hard time deciding.

I like the Work Equips the most because it's a classy 5 spoke wheel. You can basically put it on any car and it would look good no matter what. The Euroline FE's have that contemporary flare and a fin/mult-spoke design that's aesthetically pleasing. The SL's are great wheels too but on your car I find that it might look a bit busy. Ah and last but not least the DH's. A classic wheel but looks rather dated

Just my 2cents
Old 08-08-06, 12:19 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Yeah you got the last of the Mohicans (the 19" Termist TM1). Trust me ALOT of people are kicking themselves for not jumping on those when they had the chance!!
I guess I jumped on the bandwagon at the right time.

Quick Reply: D2 is killing me! Need some help!