Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Manaray????

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-01, 07:12 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manaray????

Manaray, just over the past few weeks it has become VERY clear that CL need a permanent "Sticky" in the Wheel forum. Something that would outline multiple wheel related topics like:
-Offsets.
-Suggested/recommended tire sizes for specific wheel widths.
-Manufacturing techniques(i.e forged vs. cast, and choosing one, two, or three piece wheels)
-Styles(i.e dish vs. spoke vs. mesh)
-Dfferent manufacturers and their quality/reputation.
-etc, etc, etc.........
I know that in the past other CL members have suggested we have such a resource, and I believe it was you who is obviously best suited to drop all the knowledge. Who better than you, and what better forum to put it on than the newly formed "wheel forum"??? I only bring this up again because the questions that arrise concerning wheels are redundant to say the least. If I could remember some of the mass ammounts of knowledge that has been offered to me on past past threads/posts, I would just direct members to those resources. But, anyone trying to be of help currently has to type it all over again, or search the board for links to the past threads/posts. Know what I mean?
Just a thought, Tiny
Old 10-06-01, 04:29 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tiny, that is not only an excellent idea, it's one I've already been working on...

I've been working on (though not lately) my "manifesto" (hehehe...it's just a working title! ) that explains all the things you just mentioned...

However, I haven't had time to complete it and I wanted to distribute it to a few other CL members who are knowledgable about wheels so that they can add/delete stuff...

Well at least for now we'll have the posts in ONE forum (instead of being spread out all over the place)...

Plus I'll probably have to tone it down so I don't offend the more "sensitive" members...I guess I can just put that stuff in a seperate "MY FRIGGIN' OPINION" section ...