Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Manaray? Need input please.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-01, 05:35 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manaray? Need input please.

I have already found a buyer for my SSR's. When I bought the SSR I sold the stock 17's that came on the car. Those would do me no good anyway(even as spares) with the SupraTT brakes unless I have spacers up front.. I do not want to keep the SSR's and sell them with the car in a few years because I would lose too much money. So, I chose to sell them and look for a "cheaper" set of secondary wheels to have in addition to the Work Equip and to leave on the car when it is sold. The SSR's clear the brakes perfectly w/out spacers(lucky). I seriously doubt that I can find a cheap set of 17" inch wheels that I like and that have the SupraTT sizing and offsets. So, my idea is to use the stock silver SupraTT wheels(235/45/17F, 275/40/17R)
I can get them for $400 w/out tires, then fit them with Kuhmo Supra 712's for $425. Also, while using the Work Equips, I can put a SupraTT front wheel in my trunk as a spare and never have to worry about my spare clearing the calipers.
My questions are:
-Do any stock wheels require hub-centric rings?
-Will these wheels fit the GS correctly?
-Do you have a cheaper source than Tire Rack for the Kuhmo's?
-Do you have any alternative suggestions?
Thank in advance, Tiny
Old 10-04-01, 11:04 AM
JacobT

Tiny,

That's exactly waht I was thinking about. But how can I find a set of SupraTT rims for $400?

You do not need the hub-centric rings. Remember you have the SupraTT rotors, the Supra rims should fit snuggly to the rotors.
Old 10-04-01, 11:36 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your right about the rotor Jacob. Thanks, I didnt think about that. For a set of SupraTT wheels visit the www.MKIV.com classifieds. See you at the Dallas meet....Thank again, Tiny
Old 10-05-01, 05:44 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry the late response...I think the Supra TT wheels might work out pretty good...

I don't think the stock wheels will need a hub-centric ring...but I'm not too familiar with Supra TT wheels so don't quote me!

As for the fit, I don't know the offset of the wheels so I'm not sure...if I had to guess, I would say yes...

TireRack as good prices on the Kumho's...if I was going to buy some, I would buy them from TireRack...my buddy ordered a set and TireRack delivered as promised...