Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Thanks to DAVE@STATUS AUTO DESIGN & VELLANO Wheels, I GOT A NEW SET OF WHEELS

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-06, 09:36 PM
SSK0771
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thanks to DAVE@STATUS AUTO DESIGN & VELLANO Wheels, I GOT A NEW SET OF WHEELS

Just as title says, I just got a new set of Vellano VST (Brushed).

Some of you may say "another set of wheels?" The answer is YES and NO.

Basicly, I got a new set of wheels but I did not pay for them.

The is a story of GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE by Dave@Status Auto Design and Vellano wheels.

As some of you may know that I recently bought a set of Vellano's VSB 5LS from Dave@Status Auto Design. After I got the wheels, I wasn't too excited about the rear offset. I wanted something more aggressive. The front wheels were 20x9 with +28 offset which I was happy with but the rear wheels were 20x10 with +29 offset which is OK but NOT aggressive enough. Dave told me to drive it for now and isee how I like it. He also told me that if f I was really not happy with the rear offset, he will talk to Vellano Wheels. After about a week, I called Dave and told him that I wanted more aggressive offset for the rear.

Couple of weeks went by and I did not hear anything from Dave and I just happen to see new set of wheel that just came out from Vellano called VST which I really liked so I called Dave. I asked him if he had a chance to talk to Vellano about the offset set of the rear wheels. He said that they were suppose to get back to him but did not and that he will call them. I also asked him about the new design from Vellano called VST and he told me that it just came out. I asked Dave to let me know what Vellano says. A week went by so I called Dave and ask him if he had a chance to talk to Vellanos about the offset of my wheels and he said that he had a GREAT NEWS for me. He told me that Vellano agreed to make me a new centers with more aggressive offset. He also told me that since Vellano was going to make me a new center, he asked Vellano if it was possible for them to make me a new center with VST design instead of VSB and VELLANO WHEELS AGREED (WHAT A CUSTOMER SERVICE).

To make long story short, a month went by so I called Dave at Status Auto to check on the status of my wheel centers and he said it should be here any day. A week later, my wheels centers came so I went to Status Auto.

To my surprise, Vellano did not make a new center but made WHOLE NEW SET OF WHEELS for me with NEW VST DESIGN

It took a little while but thanks to Dave@Status Auto Design and Vellano, Wheels I got a Brand NEW Set of wheels with NEW VST DESIGN. Obviously they took the old wheels back.

I think this is an example of GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE and had to share it.

Here are some pics of my NEW wheels. What do you guys think?

Last edited by SSK0771; 07-14-06 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-14-06, 09:38 PM
SSK0771
Advanced

More pics

Last edited by SSK0771; 07-14-06 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-14-06, 09:41 PM
SSK0771
Advanced

Last set of pics. Check out the rear lips. Its 5.5 inches.

Old 07-14-06, 10:34 PM
SSK0771
Advanced

Here are some pics of my previous wheels.

This is Vellano VSB 5LS which I got few month ago.

Old 07-14-06, 10:37 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow nice wheels! Personally I think the wheels over power the car in 20" unless you have a kit. Maybe you should get a kit keep up the good work
Old 07-14-06, 10:45 PM
SSK0771
Advanced

Originally Posted by TurboTeg
Wow nice wheels! Personally I think the wheels over power the car in 20" unless you have a kit. Maybe you should get a kit keep up the good work
I am thinking of getting it but first I need to get Tein CST first when it comes out. It should be soon.
Old 07-15-06, 04:03 AM
pvo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow 5.5 inch lip
Old 07-15-06, 07:08 AM
JUDGE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big fat spokes on small cars don't look good. Wheels are great, but not feeling them on the car. I see you like fat spokes on your wheels. I've always thought they take away from the sporty look of the cars, especially from coupes and convertibles.
Old 07-15-06, 08:21 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

Looks really good! The fitment looks awesome...with a drop it'll be off the hook!
Old 07-15-06, 03:06 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Seize
Looks really good! The fitment looks awesome...with a drop it'll be off the hook!
I agree. Your new wheels look nicer than the original ones IMO.
Old 07-15-06, 07:22 PM
SSK0771
Advanced

Originally Posted by Seize
My car is dropped with Tein H-Tech currently which dropped my car about 1 inch. I am waiting for the new Tein CST to come out.
Old 07-15-06, 07:25 PM
SSK0771
Advanced

Originally Posted by JUDGE
Big fat spokes on small cars don't look good. Wheels are great, but not feeling them on the car. I see you like fat spokes on your wheels. I've always thought they take away from the sporty look of the cars, especially from coupes and convertibles.
I tried thin spokes on my SC430 but did not like it and thats why I started to go with thicker spokes. Thin spoke look great on small sports car like Z or G35 but NOT SC430. The car is actually pretty decent size.
Old 07-15-06, 09:52 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New ones are way better than the last set ...

Man i have only been on this site since feb? you have had 4 sets ?? or somthin haha

they look way better than the other set and wow you have more lip than my brother on his 240

he has 5 inch lips on the rear ! in 18s

looks amazingly huge !
Old 07-15-06, 10:15 PM
SSK0771
Advanced

I love those AME wheels. I was thinking of getting those but I don't think they come in 20's
Old 07-16-06, 12:38 PM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pxrlex
he has 5 inch lips on the rear ! in 18s

looks amazingly huge !
Nice...looksl ike another fake lip action going Do you see the mounting holes? and how the spokes curve in? You measure it from were it starts to curve in, so actually that wheel only has about 3" of lip.

Nice set of wheels SSK, these are probably the best one you've had on yet...cant wait till you give it a little more drop.

Quick Reply: Thanks to DAVE@STATUS AUTO DESIGN & VELLANO Wheels, I GOT A NEW SET OF WHEELS