Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

HELP!!! I don't know which wheel to pick!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-01, 06:30 PM
Lexus_IS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! I don't know which wheel to pick!!

These are my choices. Whichever I pick, they will be in 19". Which would you guys pick? If I get the blitz, it would be a waiting period on them, so I don't know!!

Old 09-26-01, 06:33 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RH M5 i think
Old 09-26-01, 09:09 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Z1s
Old 09-29-01, 02:19 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Whats up John? How are you?
I saw that Hamman wheel on a Silver convertible 2002 M3 at the Import Expo in Houston this past weekend...My friend is about to get a 330i and has his mind set on the Hamman, he was drooling on the HUGE lips w/no rivets...I love them too, but, you do realize Hamman is strictly a German tuner and that wheel is not available in a 114.3 bolt pattern right?? If you truly like that wheel, Dronnell makes a "high quality"(verified by "the man" Manaray) 19" knock-off w/rivets, it is called the Type-1. You can see it at www.aktusa.com
Of the other two choices, M5 and Z1, I have to agree with Globe.....IMO the Z1 is FAR superior. Not necessarily the quality, but its much more exclusive and "European" looking.....
See you at the Dallas meet...Tiny(Chris)
Old 09-29-01, 02:55 AM
Lexus_IS300
Lead Lap

chris,

what are you doing up so early man? as for me, i have a sleeping disorder. i haven't slept in 2days..maybe a little nap. anyways, i know someone from wheel power that can get me a set of hm2 with 5x114.3 bolt pattern. anyways, i am getting my blitz...although there is really no lip on them (theyre made to clear calipers) i still like em. another set of wheels i've had my eyes on are you the HRE 545s!!
Old 09-29-01, 03:22 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Hahahahaha....I dont know what to call my sleeping habits....Anyway, Im looking at wheel power right now for the first time....Are they reputable??? How are they going to get Hamman with a 114.3 bolt pattern....If my Work Equip dont arrive soon and Im forced to get a refund, I would truly like to explore the 20" PGIII. Hey, did you design the site, its pretty involved...
What is the name of the track that plays during the intro?? I want it......Let me know whats up, Chris

Last edited by tinygs; 09-29-01 at 03:44 AM.
Old 09-29-01, 02:11 PM
Lexus_IS300
Lead Lap

chris, wheel power is one of the most, if no THE MOST reputable euro tuners in the state. they've done it all..when i say it all..i mean it al...take a look:

chris, if you need help getting ahold of someone at wheel power, or anything. for the pgIII, let me know.

as for my website..what track? or do you mean clublexus?
Old 09-29-01, 06:01 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Wheel Power is okay. Stuff they sell are cool. Prices are okay. My dad got some Carlsson wheels there, and their service is very good.
Old 09-29-01, 07:04 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

to get 114.3 on Hamanns, you have to redrill...they don't make them in that bolt pattern...

Tiny, don't get the Hamann's! Not on a Lexus! Get the HRE 545's instead! Talk to Mo @ SRT...he can get GREAT prices on HRE's...

Wheelpower is a very reputable company...
Old 09-30-01, 01:11 AM
Lexus_IS300
Lead Lap

manaray, no redrilling...

and yes, i am getting some hre 545s also!
Old 09-30-01, 02:34 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

When did Hamann start producing Japanese bolt pattern wheels? I know they make BMW and Ferrari bolt patterns (5 x 120 and 5 x 108 I believe)...

Are you sure they make 5 x 114.3? I seriously question that...all the Hamann wheels that I've seen put on Japanese cars have been re-drills.

Where are you getting your HRE's from? Email me with a price...I have 543's personally...
Old 09-30-01, 01:29 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

John, are you going wheel crazy??? Are you getting the Blitz and the HRE both for your IS, or for one of your other cars? The track I meant was on the wheel power site...Do you recognize it?
Manaray, I agree totally about the HRE 545.....It was a BIGTIME contender before I finally settled on the Equip.....THE only thing that I shyed away from about the HRE was the "stepped" lip instead of the reverse style........
On Fri. night, as I was entertaining the idea of never actually seeing the Equips, I looked at a bunch of wheel sites.......I looked at the HRE site for the first time, and I still felt like the 545 was the best for my taste...I really like the variety of custom options for the wheels, but, judging by the pricing on their site, the 20" 545($1300+ per wheel) is WAY out of my budget. The Work Equip 20" is $3300 for all four..... Can MO improve on those prices???? Thanks, Tiny
Old 09-30-01, 03:28 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

TinyGS - the "stepped lip" (normal) is a big deal to some people...I would prefer a reverse lip but my main priorities are quality and design. If HRE did have the reverse lip in 20", I would have gotten it but I wouldn't get some other wheels just beacuse it has a reverse lip, know what I mean?

Mo can DEFINITELY improve on the price...definitely check with him...
Old 09-30-01, 04:29 PM
Lexus_IS300
Lead Lap

chris, both sets are for the is300. i plan on selling the blitz in spring and wear the hre 545 next year. i havent placed my order for HRE yet and still shopping for prices. i'll let you know what's up. Mo's prices seems to be pretty good (chec on his site, www.swiftracing.com). but im going to look around, cause you never know.
Old 10-01-01, 02:29 AM
808state
Driver

manaray-

why don't you approve of hamanns on a lexus??? if it's the looks, well, beauty is in the eye of whoever is shelling out the bucks.

if it's because hamann is usually for european and lexus is a japanese car, then i'd have to disagree with you. lexus whole aim is to take a bite out of the euro luxo market (which they have been quite successful at doing so far...). lexus designs have even been inspired (if not copied) by european cars (saw some learning chanel thingy about car designs). except, they put japanese reliability and a little nintendo/flashing lights/electronics inside. and as we all know, the japanese culture is very good at copying other cultures and making it their own. japanese car manufacters are no different. so putting on european rims might actually bring out some of it's soul(?).

why am i writing this? well, because i just got a set of hamann hm2 (18x8.5) for my sc400 and "i" think they look great. and yes, a minor modification is required for a 5x114.3 bolt pattern. all i can tell from the modification is that inside of each lug hole is raw metal (where they drilled/ovaled 3mm inward) instead of painted metal. hard to tell because the paint is silver and well, metal is silver!

i purchased my rim and tire package from todd at www.tmengineering.net and everything came out great!

Quick Reply: HELP!!! I don't know which wheel to pick!!