Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Gs 450 Runflat Alternatives

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-06, 09:31 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gs 450h Runflat Alternatives

My new 450h does not have room for a spare tire and it thus comes by necessity with Bridgestone runflats. I haven't read too much good about runflats in terms of noise and traction. The car I traded in for the 450h had Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires which are absolutely wonderful and another car I have has the Pilot Sport summer tires so that is what I am used to. Assuming that I don't like these Bridgestone RF tires, which is too early to tell right now, what is the best replacement runflat tire that is more handling oriented since I cannot carry a spare tire?

The Nov. 05 Road and Track had an article on Pirelli zero nero M/S runflats in comparing it with other of the Pirelli tires. Thing is I can't find the runflat version of this Pirelli tire anywhere yet and it doesn't seem that Michellin has a run flat version of the Pilot Sport or similar tire. I would prefer to get a runflat version of these tires if they became available.

Any suggestions as to where to look for a sport all season run flat tire comparable to the Michelin or Pirelli that will be better than the OEM touring run flat tire that comes on the 450h? If not, Is there a good alternative approach using conventional tires but being able to deal with a flat and having no spare?

Many thanks for suggestions.

Last edited by hendjaz; 05-19-06 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-03-06, 09:26 AM
Brandon@TR
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure if or he the P Zero RF tires will be available. For what is currently available in RF tires for your car in an all season basically the Dunlop 5000 DSST. These are pretty good you may like them better then the BS.