Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-06, 11:06 PM
krookid
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels

I have been considering new wheels for my IS350 but I just don't have the time and or knowledge of all the different wheels out there. Can all you guys post links up for the different kinds of wheels you have been considering? Also if you could please tell me the proper set up for 19" and 20" including offset? (ex. 255/25/20 ofset ??) I know you are just about to type SEARCH but my home computer is down and I am only allowed a certain amount of time on the net at my workstaion without getting flagged foe mis-use of company time so if you guys/gals can help me with this, greatly appriciated. Oh another quick question, if I go to order my new wheels will the shop know the correct offset or is there a bunch of different ones that will work? I don't even know exactally what offset is all about. Sorry if I am stupid for asking this.
Old 03-03-06, 06:43 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you are new contact D2, they are very knowledgable and will help people find the right wheel for the right price. I know that sounds cheesy but for someone who doesnt really know exactly what to get and the different offsets and such they are really friendly and helpful and can handle all that stuff for you. All you need to do is choose a rim. They also have great prices
Old 03-03-06, 10:31 PM
krookid
Driver

Thanks for the advice, but out of all these members on this site no one can put up a link or two for me? I just thought we are all here to help each other out thats all.
Old 03-04-06, 04:47 PM
ChrisM910
Driver

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
if you are new contact D2, they are very knowledgable and will help people find the right wheel for the right price. I know that sounds cheesy but for someone who doesnt really know exactly what to get and the different offsets and such they are really friendly and helpful and can handle all that stuff for you. All you need to do is choose a rim. They also have great prices
what exactly is D2
Old 03-04-06, 05:05 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisM910
what exactly is D2
They're one of the fine vendors here at CL. They sell wheels and other aftermarket parts

Check them out

http://www.d2autosport.com/
Old 03-04-06, 05:17 PM
trent
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wheels

Be WARNED about D2autosport!!!!!!!! The wheels on their site can be very addictive!!! Meaning, you may have a set price in mind, but once you see some of the many styles that they carry "LUST"!!! may set in!!!!
Old 03-05-06, 09:54 AM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

krookid, your best bet is to contact a few wheels shops. there are alot of factors invovled in the wheel sizing. especially since you have a 350 you also need to account for big brake clearance. i have already seen one cl member order a set of wheels for his IS and they would not fit. the guys at d2 have been excellent about all my fitment questions and i haven't purchased anything from them yet.