Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Air Valve Access on IForged

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-06, 02:21 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Air Valve Access on IForged

I don't know if my wheels were not set up correctly or what but my air valves are back behind the face of the wheels . Basically I have to reach through the wheel to get access to the valve. The valve is located back into the wheel a bit. I have seen some folks wheels where the valve comes out of the same area and they have an extention that runs up to the face of the wheel. Anyone have this or did the place I bought these from not do it right? Any pictures?
Old 02-21-06, 03:10 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The valves on my iForged come out where the rivets are. I had to buy an extender from Rominl so I could fill them with air. If you dont have rivets I can see why they would have them behind the face of the wheel. Not sure the easiest way to access the valve if it is behind the face
Old 02-21-06, 04:29 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

I am surprise to see not many people has complaint about this. Your wheel is okay and they (iforged) are like that in some of the wheels. Not to mention I am a big JDM fan, but I just think the R&D department has to go in iforged. Not to mention the product manager who has guts to bring this kind of product to the market. This is why I am not a big fan of their wheels. Just my .02
Old 02-21-06, 07:40 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Is it just iForged that has this problem or are there other wheel makers that do the same thing?
Old 02-22-06, 02:12 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Well, I have Retro's with rivets. I have seen some wheels, I think HRE's that extend the valve up to the face of the wheel and pop the valve through where one of the rivets would normally go. Like they replaced one of the rivets with the valve stem. I ended up buying one of those inflators that can clip onto the valve and has a handle and gauge seperate from the valve. I just reach in through the wheel, clip on the inflator and then I can fill the tire up by just pressing the handle and watching the gauge. I does seem kink of screwey that IForged has not had any complaints about this. I did not even think about it until I decided to check my pressure. I ended up taking the wheels off and doing it from behind. I just wanted to make sure I didn't get some reject wheels.
Old 02-22-06, 11:33 PM
trent
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmm luckily for me I have the Iforged Aero's, and the valve stem is a little easier to get to.
Old 02-23-06, 05:37 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by trent
Hmmm luckily for me I have the Iforged Aero's, and the valve stem is a little easier to get to.
So your valve stem is toward the back of your wheel as well? Here is a picture of what I have to deal with. Not a lot of room to reach in.
Attached Thumbnails Air Valve Access on IForged-pics012806_141.jpg  
Old 02-23-06, 06:25 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

dude your kidding me right, are those the 2pc retro's or 3pc. Most companies have an "L" shaped valve stem so you can reach it from the front of the rim. Is there room there the valve stem is to see it from the front. If so you probally need to purchase new valve stems. Iforged is retarded for making you reach inside the rim. I am scared now since I should be getting some iforged soon and if my valve stem is inside the rim I am not going to take them.
Old 02-23-06, 09:14 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
dude your kidding me right, are those the 2pc retro's or 3pc. Most companies have an "L" shaped valve stem so you can reach it from the front of the rim. Is there room there the valve stem is to see it from the front. If so you probally need to purchase new valve stems. Iforged is retarded for making you reach inside the rim. I am scared now since I should be getting some iforged soon and if my valve stem is inside the rim I am not going to take them.
Man, I wish I was kidding about this. My wheels are the 3 piece Retro's. The valve is "L" shaped but still way back in there. I bought the wheels from Wheels Boutique in Miami so there is really no way for me to swing by their shop to have them make them work. I may try going to a local wheel shop and see if they can work out some sort of extension on these. If you end up buying some sort of 5, 6, or 7 spoked wheel, you should have no problem reaching in there. But, you can see on mine, there is not a lot of room to get your hands in there. Anyway, be aware of what you are getting as far as the valve stem install is concerned. Good luck on your purchase.
Old 02-23-06, 09:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasGS
So your valve stem is toward the back of your wheel as well? Here is a picture of what I have to deal with. Not a lot of room to reach in.
damn, tha's definitely a pain to put air in.... why don't they just do the L shape and go through one of the rivet holes like other wheels.....

not like this is the clean wheel design with no rivets like the hre 840R series
Old 02-23-06, 09:48 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Man, I wish I was kidding about this. My wheels are the 3 piece Retro's. The valve is "L" shaped but still way back in there. I bought the wheels from Wheels Boutique in Miami so there is really no way for me to swing by their shop to have them make them work. I may try going to a local wheel shop and see if they can work out some sort of extension on these. If you end up buying some sort of 5, 6, or 7 spoked wheel, you should have no problem reaching in there. But, you can see on mine, there is not a lot of room to get your hands in there. Anyway, be aware of what you are getting as far as the valve stem install is concerned. Good luck on your purchase.

awee man this is horrible horrible news. Can you take a closer picture of the valve stem for me so I can get a better idea. Also I am getting guess what 3pc retro's, also guess what I am getting it from wheels boutique in miami. However I am going to pick them up so maybe I can get different valve stems? Anyways update me ASAP so I can contact them. If they dont find me a resolution to put air in the rims without reaching behind I am going to cancel the order.

I still cant believe iforge would do that, all of the other brand of rims I have seen have had one of the rivets out so you could put the valve stem through.

also did you get a wheel and tire package? I would be interested in what you paid since we are buying from the same place.

Last edited by tonydt1g3r; 02-23-06 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-23-06, 01:22 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Henry, you know my thought about "iforged"......
Old 02-23-06, 02:02 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Tonydt1g3r, PM me with your email address and I will get back to you. I tried PMing you but it indicates you cannot receive PM's.
Old 02-23-06, 05:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Tonydt1g3r, PM me with your email address and I will get back to you. I tried PMing you but it indicates you cannot receive PM's.
if you want you can pm me and send me pics and i will post them up

mark, yeah that's very weird, i can't imagine the valve stems being L shape but then it's not "long" enough. isn't that kinda.... stupid?!
Old 02-23-06, 06:47 PM
cyclemax
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can't reach inside the spokes, try these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/8-ALU...40054299QQrdZ1
Attached Thumbnails Air Valve Access on IForged-c2_1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Air Valve Access on IForged