Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

So I'm buying up a bunch of tires and wheels....

Old 01-29-06, 01:57 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So I'm buying up a bunch of tires and wheels....

I don't mind the OEM Dunlops on my new IS350 and it appears a lot of people are swapping them out and selling the low mileage almost new OEMs at very good prices. So far I have my original set, and extra set of 4, and now I am considering buying yet another set of 4. My question is how long do these tires last? Should I expect to change tires every summer or every other summer if I average about 2500 miles in 3 months? And also considering I do switch out to winter tires and rims for the Dec-Mar timeframe. I'm going to keep my car for 3-5 years or longer so how many sets of summer tires should I stock up on? Thanks. And also quick question how do you store all these tires, what's the best way to stack them (on the side, flat, or standing up)? I have them all wrapped up to keep out the elements and some of these tires have rims others do not, one set is on the rim but not inflated. One of the reasons I need to get these is for the sensors and in case of flats and/or dented wheels. Last question, do you think the 2008-2010 ISxxx will be able to use these tires/wheels, will they become handy for me in the future? TIA