Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Best Wheels around?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-05, 03:51 PM
bigperm
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Wheels around?

just interested in knowing which wheel manufacturer you guys prefer

also, i was told today that hre wheels are over priced and bend easily, anyone have any personal experience with them?
Old 12-03-05, 05:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

a lot of diffrent companies i prefer, too many to name. works, hre, rays, weds, river-side, etc...

hre overpriced? they are expensive yes, not sure about overpriced

and hre wheels bend? all wheels can bend, but i don't find hre wheels bend easy. i had hre for around 2 yrs and they ha zero issues. i know at least 3 to 4 other people with hre and they can't be happier.

whoever "told" you those stories, imho you should ask them to give you proofs
Old 12-03-05, 10:54 PM
bigperm
Driver School Candidate

yeah, i figured that much thats why i posted about it

i see so many high performance cars out there with their wheels, it just didn't make sense to hear that they were subpar in quality.
Old 12-04-05, 12:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by bigperm
yeah, i figured that much thats why i posted about it

i see so many high performance cars out there with their wheels, it just didn't make sense to hear that they were subpar in quality.
well there has been one post about hre wheels cracking when track use on some vettes or so i forgot, but that's the only thing i read. if you search for that thread i think it's a pretty good read.
Old 12-06-05, 08:28 PM
EL PAALO
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thought that was vipers being talked about by one of the track stewards on the audi forum.
Old 12-06-05, 09:45 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigperm
just interested in knowing which wheel manufacturer you guys prefer

also, i was told today that hre wheels are over priced and bend easily, anyone have any personal experience with them?
Things really move in "clicks" as far as wheels go. The Lexus crowd really go for the WORK, iFORGED, Maya, Lowenhart, etc The e46 / BMW crowd is more the BBS, HRE, DPE, iFORGED, RADENERGIE, RDSport, ACS, and HRE. The MB guys for for HRE, Lowenhart, MODULARE, ZONE, BRABUS, etc. In G35 land, the VOLK , Racing Hart, and WORK seem to reign supreme.

The whole HRE debate has been argued a million times so we can just leave it as, those who want the product, chose to spend the premium and purchase them and to a very large extent are very satisfied. Those that do not wish to spend the premium simply choose a different brand.

So it more or less falls to your taste, your best bet is figure out what you would like to spend and then we can make some great recommendations for you!

Good luck with the process
Old 12-06-05, 09:50 PM
OGS
Lead Lap

I got HREs on my LS, and LOVE THEM! No issues nor bends. Hit some pot wholes pretty hard but managed to come out clean.

Another brand that I really like is Vellano. I have them on my A8L and they are just smokin hot! Not as $ but pretty close to the cost of HRE.

Good luck to ya....