Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

**WALD Introduces 2 NEW WHEEL DESIGNS**

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-05, 10:40 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **WALD Introduces 2 NEW WHEEL DESIGNS**

Hey Guys,

I just thought I would share some wheel developments from WALD. For those that are not aware, WALD is a premier luxury and sports vehicle tuner from Japan that specializes in "Program Tuning" for Lexus, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Infiniti and exotic vehicles. Their product line includes Aerodynamic, Suspension, Braking, Interior Enhancement Upgrades, and Wheels.

These are 2 of latest designs that have been added to their product line. They will be availible for order in early 2006.

If there are any inquiries please feel free to SEND ME A EMAIL

WALD PORTOFINO
1PC FORGED
20, 22inch Diamerter (22" Weighs approx 29lbs!!)
5x114, 5x112, 5x120 pcd avail.

WALD AUFZALEN
1PC FORGED
SIZING AND SPECIFICATION INFO AVAILIBLE SOON

Here are a couple pics of the Portofino on a e66 BMW 7series.

Old 12-03-05, 12:15 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

WALD is definitley one of my favorite wheel companys

the portofino is hot
Attached Thumbnails **WALD Introduces 2 NEW WHEEL DESIGNS**-94071.jpg  
Old 12-03-05, 05:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by GATO
WALD is definitley one of my favorite wheel companys

the portofino is hot
except the lip size, which totally kept me and antoher member from getting their wheels for our cars
Old 12-03-05, 06:26 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
except the lip size, which totally kept me and antoher member from getting their wheels for our cars

Yeah, they are a bit on the conservative side....... but then their style = class
Old 12-03-05, 06:37 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Yes they look very good the the BMW
Old 12-03-05, 09:54 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

The Japanese market is going for a flatter faced wheel. Junction came out with a new wheel that has very little lip. Many companies are going for the one piece look.
Old 12-04-05, 05:04 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Yes, WALD certainly is more on the conservative side, but that is in line with their intended client base (to a certain extent). It would probably sound crazy to alot of our Lexus clients, but alot of people are now asking for SMALLER lips!!!!

I have specifically built e46 M3 wheels to have 2-2.5 and 4" lips and NO MORE here lately.

I also think it falls down to the perception, and lip measurement. In many cases we get caught up in the numbers game, and forget that the offset spec, tire spec and lowering will also are major components in the look that we want. I know no one ever sneezed at the lip that I had on my Techniks, even though it was only about 3.25"

This car only has a 3.5" lip, but I think it looks *****in!

Old 12-04-05, 05:59 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Huh That didn't stop you from buying hre's with under 3 inch lips before. I've seen hre's in person and the rear was 2.5 real lip and front bbk was about 1 inch. It really depends on the buyer like D said. some people want big and bigger and some just want a more simple clean look. I think these wheels look great but I'm a lip guy so I wouldn't buy them for that reason.
Old 12-04-05, 11:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
Huh That didn't stop you from buying hre's with under 3 inch lips before. I've seen hre's in person and the rear was 2.5 real lip and front bbk was about 1 inch. It really depends on the buyer like D said. some people want big and bigger and some just want a more simple clean look. I think these wheels look great but I'm a lip guy so I wouldn't buy them for that reason.
if that's REALLY the case, then those couldn't have become my wheels. no idea what hre wheels you talking about, but my old hre wheels, i had 2" front and 3" back, and front is bbk. if it's anything less than 3" in the back, pretty sure i wouldn't get them.

yes everything is to ratio, and thus why i always need lowering with wheels, and i am never into games with 6" lip int he back, which i think makes the wheels look silly.

however on a car like the gs, 3 to 4" lip in the back is normal, and on the sc430, i expect more lips to look good. that's why when i learned that the wald only had 1" and 2" lips, i smiled and moved on. it just doesn't look good to me

and of course, everyone has their own taste, i can care less. i was just stating my own disappointment against wald wheels
Old 12-05-05, 06:16 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

if that's REALLY the case, then those couldn't have become my wheels. no idea what hre wheels you talking about, but my old hre wheels, i had 2" front and 3" back, and front is bbk. if it's anything less than 3" in the back, pretty sure i wouldn't get them.

yes everything is to ratio, and thus why i always need lowering with wheels, and i am never into games with 6" lip int he back, which i think makes the wheels look silly.

however on a car like the gs, 3 to 4" lip in the back is normal, and on the sc430, i expect more lips to look good. that's why when i learned that the wald only had 1" and 2" lips, i smiled and moved on. it just doesn't look good to me

and of course, everyone has their own taste, i can care less. i was just stating my own disappointment against wald wheels
When I say Real I mean to the eye not what the company says. Sometime companies say its a 3 inch lip but they are counting the whole lip even tho the center is taking part of the lip. But your right on a sc you should be getting bigger lips than a gs and if wald could only offer a 2 inch rear lip on an sc I would have run as fast as I could aswell.. Thats just sad. Thats why I like the 2pc forging option from i-forge, your offset determines your lip. and JDM wheels mostly always offer bigger lips.
Old 12-05-05, 07:00 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Not really feeling them, I don't like the face designs, never mind the lips . . .
Old 12-05-05, 11:20 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 1st one looks hot.
Old 12-05-05, 08:49 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Wink I like em

I like the first set! Those would look sli ck on a nice 745i....white or silver...man that would look fat!
Old 12-06-05, 06:55 AM
dandd2
Lead Lap

how much for these wheels
Old 12-06-05, 07:16 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mkim1120
how much for these wheels

Feel free to SEND A EMAIL to receive a price quote, please indicate what car, style and size wheel you would like.

Have a great day.

Quick Reply: **WALD Introduces 2 NEW WHEEL DESIGNS**