Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

rims? need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-01, 01:56 AM
YuuDawg
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i saw these rims
what do you guys think? i never heard of nzo, and when i looked them up, it seems like they are a new company, but i think these rims are pretty tight
just want to make sure i'm not alone, or that these aren't just ripoffs of some other rims?
Attached Images  
Old 07-17-01, 05:46 AM
MISURA

They look good. No idea if they're replicas or even if they are 2/3 piece. Does the description mention anything about being 2 or 3 piece? Price is generally a good indicator of construction methods.
Eh, Manaray?
Old 07-17-01, 09:45 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

NZO's are made by (or distributed by) AKT...NOTORIOUS knock off guys...the rim is a ONE-piece rim with FAKE bolts to give that FAKE three-piece look...the styling is very close to the Altstadt Legarts (or IV)...check out picture below...

Any rim that looks like a 3-piece that sells for $199 should be avoided (but they're ok if you own a beaten, salvage titled Hyundai...) Cheap ****ty rims belong on cheap ****ty cars...

The Altstadts sell for around $600-$900 (depending on size...goes up to 19" x 10.5")

Attached Thumbnails rims? need help-altstadt4.jpg  

Last edited by Manaray; 07-17-01 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-17-01, 10:28 AM
YuuDawg
Driver

I think I've read like 50 of your posts that say the same thing, Manaray....

i know you're balling, but some of us don't make enough to be spending 4 g's on rims

aside from fanatics like you knowing that these are cheap rims, why does it matter as long as it looks clean on my car?

Old 07-17-01, 10:28 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Darn...I like the knockoffs a lil better but since my Lexus isn't a knockoff/knockoff quality, i guess i wont be gettin em. (Plus, i have no money so....)
Old 07-17-01, 10:33 AM
importtoys
Pole Position

I like em'
Old 07-17-01, 11:38 AM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the altstad 4's on my SC (they are chromed though). I love 'em. I've only had complimemts on them so far. those by nzo must be pretty new, when i bought my wheels 2 months ago, i tried finding some that didn't have a knockoff counterpart.

The NZO's probably weigh a lot more and are structurally weaker, but I say: they still look good, if you like them, buy them. What size do they make the nzo? If they come in 19's, I reccomend that you buy them in 19's, wheels with the lip look smaller than they actually are. don't get me wrong, they still look big, just not big enough. hehe, i'm waiting for my wheels to get stolen (which I believe they eventually will) so that I can get some 19" altstads

if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Old 07-17-01, 02:56 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YuuDawg...I'm not nearly as educated as manaray is on this topic, but i believe that the knockoff wouldn't be as strong, not as well built, etc. I'm sure they r'nt dangerous, but ur gettin what u pay for...knockoff quality. I understand the $$$$issue (i have none right now :eek: :eek: ), but y not just save up and get the real deal, so when u go show them off, u know u wont get made fun of?????
Just my .02.
Old 07-17-01, 03:17 PM
YuuDawg
Driver

i don't think anyone is as educated as manaray on the subject

save up? i'll be saving up for a while, i'm still making payments on my f*ng car, i can't save up ****. i'm charging these suckers
wheee

Old 07-17-01, 05:23 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice Wheels......

Buy what you can afford, just choose a nice looking wheel that does not look cheesie or ghetto... And this rim looks nice IMO... I'm sur 19"s would be nice, but I like the 18"s for a little more tire it pad the rim/ride...

Post some pics when you get them...

The $$$ you save on not buying those $4000 rims... Invest, save or put towards you Lexus note/ other bills!!!
Old 07-17-01, 08:51 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

YuuDawg - Hate to see ya do it...but if you want to put crap wheels on your car, go ahead...it's your car, if you want to **** it up, that's your business...

I'm glad to see at least some people have enough taste not to put crap on their luxury car...Armani suit, K-Mart shoes...that's OK too because "most people" can't tell, right?

Old 07-17-01, 08:58 PM
YuuDawg
Driver

i think i will
i do appreciate the input tho, just wanted to see what most people think

ain't nothing wrong with kmart
Old 07-17-01, 09:36 PM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up RETAIL SOURCE FOR YOUR RECOMMENDED ALSTAD-4 WHEELS.

Originally posted by manaray
NZO's are made by (or distributed by) AKT...NOTORIOUS knock off guys...the rim is a ONE-piece rim with FAKE bolts to give that FAKE three-piece look...the styling is very close to the Altstadt Legarts (or IV)...check out picture below...

Any rim that looks like a 3-piece that sells for $199 should be avoided (but they're ok if you own a beaten, salvage titled Hyundai...) Cheap ****ty rims belong on cheap ****ty cars...

The Altstadts sell for around $600-$900 (depending on size...goes up to 19" x 10.5")

"MANARAY" - I agree with you on the High Class look of these "Real McCoys". Are they intended to be installed on a SC 430? Any chance of getting a Photo (Enhanced?) of them installed on the SC?

When outfitting a $66 K++ New Car, what's a few Grand more to upgrade the Wheel Style so you don't look line a Tuxedo coming down the road, wearing a pair of brown non-patten leather shoes? Is any one going to be worrying about having to use Premium Fuel for this Champagne Carriage?

Can you direct me to the Web Site of a Retail Dealer for these Wheels? Can the Dealer also include the appropriate (as approved by Lexus) 245 / 40 18" Severe Winter Driving Tires for Slush / Snow / Ice, mounted to these Classic looking Wheels in a 18.0" x 8.0" size?

Would the Tire Rack Inc., be apt to have them available to mount and ship, in one of their "Ready-To-Install Packages?

Appreciate any assistance in these matters that you can provide, Manaray.

SOLO - 1

Old 07-17-01, 10:08 PM
YuuDawg
Driver

when you're a full time student working full time to pay off school debts and stupid **** (like buying a car) a few grand is a ****ing lot...

i'll answer that question when i have 66 grand to spend on anything

and your analogy is all ****ed up too
no, it'd be more like me wearing a ****ing armani suit with rip off Gucci shoes

Old 07-17-01, 10:47 PM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Red face

Originally posted by YuuDawg
when you're a full time student working full time to pay off school debts and stupid **** (like buying a car) a few grand is a ****ing lot...

i'll answer that question when i have 66 grand to spend on anything

and your analogy is all ****ed up too
no, it'd be more like me wearing a ****ing armani suit with rip off Gucci shoes

YO, YUUDAWG - DO YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN FINISH AS A FULL TIME STUDENT IN BASKET WEAVING #101 IN LESS THAN SIX YEARS? I'LL BET YOU WERE PROBABLY PRESIDENT OF YOUR HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR CLASS FOR THREE YEARS AS WELL................

DIDN'T MEAN TO RATTLE YOUR CAGE, MAN, BUT THIS IS AMERICA DUDE, AND EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO THEIR OWN OPINION, AS OBVIOUSLY YOU DO.

IF YOU CHECK THE CORRECT WEB SITE, YOU'LL FIND OUT THAT A 18.0" X 8.5 ALSTAD - 4 WHEEL SELLS FOR $535.00 EACH, OR $2,699.00, INCLUDING SHIPPING.

I THINK THAT THE OBVIOUS POINT IS THAT IF YOU PUT ON THOSE QUESTIONABLE "WANNA-BE" KNOCK-OFFS ON YOUR NICE CAR, ISN'T POSSIBLE THAT THAT THE FOLKS COULD THINK THAT YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A $66 K SC 430?

BESIDES, IN MOST AUTOMOTIVE HIGH PERFORMANCE MACHINERY, YOU USUALLY ONLY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. IF IT'S A BARGAIN, THERE'S PROBABLY A BAD REASON FOR IT.

CHILL OUT MAN!

Quick Reply: rims? need help