Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Thinking of Maya Rims? Think again...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-05, 03:06 PM
RMR
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of Maya Rims? Think again...

Hi all,

I wanted to share the absoulutely horrible service I have experienced with Maya regarding chrome which is falling off a set of TTS rims on my 430.

I have conatcted Maya directly multiple times, and they refuse to even respond to my concerns. You would think a high-end wheel manufacturer would want to work with their customers as there product is on display for the world to see, but such is NOT the case.

To be honest, these are a couple of years old, but still, as much money as these cost, they should want to provide at least some sort of help to re-beautify what was at one time, a stunning set of rims, but I guess not. As with all chrome, it will deteriorate with time, and that I understand well.

I did let the Customer Service folks at Maya know that if they didn't have the courtesy to respond, I would notify people who may consider their rims from the Lexus Forum of my "experience".

If you are considering these on your 430, take my advice, save the money and find a manufacturer that has pride in their products as these folks don't seem to care. Chrome should not fall off rims after a couple years.... maybe 4 or 5, but not so soon.

Save your cash.

2003 SC430
Old 09-02-05, 04:15 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear this. Icould never imagine having problems with any triple chrome plated wheel let alone a high end wheel. I've owned chrome wheels many years and had problems only with the one that wasn't triple chrome plated. I have had my maya's going on 1 1/2 years. No sign of any peeling of chrome. Looks as brilliant as ever. Maybe the way you cared for them contributed to the problem. I wax the polished lips ever 3 weeks. I wax the chrome face every other month. I clean the wheels with dawn dishwashing soap and rinse thoroughly. I never wet the wheels until the car has been sitting for a while to cool the wheel. I have had chrome wheels 4 years with no problem using this method of cleaning. The shop you bought the wheel from should be taking care of you. I believe these wheels come with a 2 year warranty.
Good luck.
Old 09-02-05, 07:22 PM
OGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where did you buy these wheels from?
Old 09-02-05, 08:33 PM
RMR
Rookie

They were on the car when I bought it. If you want to see them, click on the LuxLink site above, then go to the model car used for the auto top.... That is my car, but that rim is looking bad, real bad.

RMR
Old 09-06-05, 01:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

sorry to hear about that, it really sux when you get some **** poor customer service where they are doing nothing but getting you stuck. that's why when i got my wheels, i not only made sure i got good wheels, but i also got the right service, even if that means paying more.

anyway, maya is actually just a brand new dazz uses to sell their wheels i believe. river-side in japan is the company that actually makes the wheels for maya i think, at least part of the lineup (not sure if i have seen your wheels before). i have trafficstar (by river-side) dts and stm and they are both sold my maya too.

the wheels themselves are both top notch quality from what i see. maybe you can just get those wheels re-chrome?
Old 09-06-05, 09:40 AM
RMR
Rookie

Thanks Rominl.

I thought they (Maya) would at least offer to re-chrome at some level, but not even a peep from them. They REALLY suck! They have no concept of the definition of quality.

What I have done is purchased a second set of chromes (not as aggressive... same size for all four) and when the tires wear out, will look at having the rears re-chromed, using these in the mean-time. The Maya's are two-piece rims, so I think they can be seperated to just have the crappy parts re-chromed.

It really makes a car that looks very nice, look bad. What is odd is that Maya has their name on them, and if they want to have their product look like crap, it just boggles my mind. If I saw this as a stranger on the street, I would consider Maya as an inferior product. I guess what one pays for when buying Maya is the mortgage payments on the owners houses and their fancy cars because it sure isn't their Quality.

By the way, I am an executive in the Quality/Regulatory field for 20 years, so I know what the definition of "quality" is... organizations that don't know usually fail sooner or latter.

(almost) NICE430
Old 09-06-05, 11:06 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Henry is correct about Dazz and Maya. Basically Dazz just contracted River-Side Co. of Japan to produce wheels for them and called them Maya instead of "Trafficstar" (sort of like asking the wheel manufacturer to build the wheels but using retailer's name as "brand"). As such, you are not going to get any service from "MAYA" (which is DAZZ), because they did not make the wheel.

If I am not mistaken, Maya's wheels are 3 pieces BUT "welded" wheels. I have recently ordered 4 sets of "Trafficstars" from River-Side Co. in Japan and the construction and quality appears to be fine for me and the client who ordered them.

Since you mentioned that you had those wheels on the car when you purchased them, were they brand new at the time of purchase? Typically in the JDM wheel manufacturers, they offer 1 year warranty on their product. I have seen some offer two years. Regardless, for all the wheels I have owned (silver finished, polish silver finished, Graphite Finished, Super Black Chrome finished) along with other people who I ordered wheels for. With the care instructions provided, they or myself has yet to encounter any issues with JDM wheels.

Anyways, I hope you find a good place to address your issue, and it is truely suck that people who represent the product or at least sold the product couldn't step up to the plate to at least offer their services.
Old 09-06-05, 11:52 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by RMR
Thanks Rominl.

I thought they (Maya) would at least offer to re-chrome at some level, but not even a peep from them. They REALLY suck! They have no concept of the definition of quality.

What I have done is purchased a second set of chromes (not as aggressive... same size for all four) and when the tires wear out, will look at having the rears re-chromed, using these in the mean-time. The Maya's are two-piece rims, so I think they can be seperated to just have the crappy parts re-chromed.

It really makes a car that looks very nice, look bad. What is odd is that Maya has their name on them, and if they want to have their product look like crap, it just boggles my mind. If I saw this as a stranger on the street, I would consider Maya as an inferior product. I guess what one pays for when buying Maya is the mortgage payments on the owners houses and their fancy cars because it sure isn't their Quality.

By the way, I am an executive in the Quality/Regulatory field for 20 years, so I know what the definition of "quality" is... organizations that don't know usually fail sooner or latter.

(almost) NICE430
I dont know about that man. Unless I bought a warranty, I wouldn't expect someone to re-chrome my rims for me (thats just the expectation I have these days of selfish companies who only care about money).
Old 09-06-05, 12:08 PM
RMR
Rookie

X-

I would not expect them to pay for the whole repair, just cover some part of it, or at the very least tell me where I could get them repaired, but not even having the courtesy to respond, THATS crap! They just are set up to sell, but even Wal-Mart has decent customer service. Now wouldn't you expect a quality product to care about their sale?

They are what we refer to as a "palm-up" company..... ****** you cash, then never to be heard from again. That is..... BS, simply crap.

NICE430
Old 09-06-05, 01:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i agree with RMR, at least some sort of customer service is warranted. at least talk about the options, offer help, those could make things a ton easier already, compared to just ignoring emails and hanging up on the phone. to me that's just highly unacceptable. i have seen worse (won't name it), but i know how you feel.

gsxotic said it already, it seems to be 3 piece but welded together, so i guess it's hard to take it apart. maybe you can just sell these and get something later on down the road

again sorry to hear what you are going through
Old 09-06-05, 02:09 PM
RMR
Rookie

Funny thing happened.... I JUST got a message from Daz (Maya).

The contact said he was out of the country for a while, but when he asked me who I bought my rims from weeks ago, I responded and never heard back until now.

When I travel, I always let folks know I will be gone for a while especially when I am expecting an answer to a question, or I leave an auto-reponse on.

I believe his reply has to do with the Forum (THANKS ), but he said he may not want to help me now that I "bad-mouthed" their rims. Let's see if he is going to really help as I have resigned this to being on my own at this point.

I guess we will see if he will help

I really think the forum had something to do with his repsonse. Interesting.

NICE430
Old 09-06-05, 02:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

bad mouth? well if he said that then i guess it really has something to do with the thread here. but i think you just stated what's wrong though, no? i mean if they treated you right you would have said good about them.

i hope they will be able to help you somehow with the wheels. good luck and keep us posted!
Old 09-06-05, 02:26 PM
RMR
Rookie

Yep,

Just wanted to let folks know what happened to me. All I asked for was some help, but until now, not a peep from them. We sahll see... the ball is in their court.

If they really do help, I will be sure to pass it on. By the way again, the rims can be seen at the LuxLink site. Yep, that's my car used as their model... a 1/2" lower, but those are my rims, when they looked good....now not so shiny

NICE430
Old 09-06-05, 02:41 PM
RMR
Rookie

I just heard back from Maya, and he said the "joke is on me" as he could not be sure he imported these rims. Really?

Folks, if you are considering their products, and I will leave it at that.

For me? I would not buy ANYTHING from someone who tells me "the joke is on me".

NICE430
Old 09-06-05, 02:44 PM
RMR
Rookie

Mr **** comments to me:

This i an actual quote:

"In the situation – you might be bad mouthing the wrong party.

Quite frankly - I’m afraid that the joke might be on you."

Folks, make your own mind up on this reponse...

Quick Reply: Thinking of Maya Rims? Think again...