Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Iforged troubles (merged threads)

Old 06-22-05, 03:46 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Iforged troubles

Hey guys,
I found this thread about Iforged problems over on the g35 site. I've heard about the problems with the wheels and the company. I guess they're all true. I know having Derrick deal with them for us has made it better for people who have purchased through him but this is still a news worthy situation.
http://g35driver.com/forums/showthre...5&page=1&pp=15
Old 06-22-05, 03:50 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

This must be the same guy:

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?p=3522825
Old 06-22-05, 04:07 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by reggiek
Hey guys,
I found this thread about Iforged problems over on the g35 site. I've heard about the problems with the wheels and the company. I guess they're all true. I know having Derrick deal with them for us has made it better for people who have purchased through him but this is still a news worthy situation.
http://g35driver.com/forums/showthre...5&page=1&pp=15
I rarely go there b/c there are maybe 10 people with a clue and the rest with the total brain capacity of a prehistoric dinasour turd. IS.net is another matter altogether

I need to see pics. No way I am sending a wheel to Cali and I get it back and its the same and I have no proof. I think we here at Clublexus had tons to do with the huge improvement in customer service at I-forged (I can't find the link) when he helped out a member waiting over 8 months for 1 wheel. Since then, I have noticed almost no compalint threads at I-forged. Kudos to them. Also vendors like D-2 and others have helped the communication process tons with I-forged.

Its still a business and sadly, every once in awhile, a mistake will be made.

The guy needs some pics for us to see, BEFORE and AFTER
Old 06-22-05, 04:13 PM
LexFather

Dear God I am dumber for reading that thread. My goodness its the total opposite of the incredible input from the "HRE issue" thread. Just mud-slinging and crap to read.

Here is the thread I was talking about that got resolved, its HUGE
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=i-forged

Last edited by LexFather; 06-22-05 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-22-05, 06:00 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Since this type of situation does not happen to cl customers and I don't want to prevent others from considering iforged, I'd like for a moderator to delete this thread.
Old 06-22-05, 06:07 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldnt delete it, people are entitled to feedback, wheter everyone agrees with it or not.
Old 06-22-05, 07:47 PM
willcg
Driver School Candidate

Default iForged Liars: Don't do biz with these fools

I bought iForged rims in winter of 2003 and man were they sweet. 19's Flux brushed. I was rolling on them until August of 04. I curbed one of them as I was pulling out of a parking space. I tried to have someone here on the east coast fix em but since they were two piece and welded together, this shop wasn't able to repair it. So I decided to have iForged all the way in California fix it. I call up Vincent Wong and he said sure, we'll fix it. He said we'll probably have to re-hoop the wheel and get it to you by three to six weeks. I'm like okay, whatever it takes. I call back two weeks later and he says yeah, we don't see the wheel yet. Another two weeks later, I call hoping they found the wheel and progress has started. Nope, Vincent says, oh.. we have SEMA at Vegas or something and yeah, we're too busy to fix your wheel, we probably can't do it until after its complete so your looking at another 3-6 weeks. Again my attitude was alright whatever it takes. I was patient, Vincent knew and he took advantage of that. So I call back a month later and he says oh the wheel is at the finisher. (They outsource all there finishing or so he says, could be a lie). I'm like word, my wheel is almost done, NOT. BIG FAT NOT. I call back two or three weeks later and guess what, Vincent says the finisher lost the wheel and they have to find it. Ooops. Since I couldn't do anything about it at that point, I figure I'd have to wait. So I call him back again like a week later to see if they found it. Nope. I give him ring the next week. Nope. Finally he says, we'll make you a new wheel no charge. It'll take "a couple of weeks". I ask him don't you guys have a new process for making wheels which takes half the normal time, he says yup it a ceramic coating process. Fine. Make me the new wheel and get it to me. Three weeks pass and I call him, nope not done. Then another two weeks pass and finally for the first time ever he calls me and say, oh we found your wheel from the finishers and we will ship the wheel to you ASAP and for your troubles we will give you a check for 150. At this point I'm celebrating. After 11 months of waiting I'll get my wheel.

I get my wheel last friday and guess what... My frustration, time and money has been wasted as Vincent Wong has wasted an entire year for what? NOTHING. The wheel is in the same condition as I sent it to him. Do you believe that?

I called him the next biz day which was monday. He says he told me it wasn't fix when he called me (liar). Whatever the ***** ever, I'm like then give me a hook up on the wheel you put into production six weeks ago. He's like oh well since we made a set of three to complete the set, it going to be hard to sell it to you. I'm like well use your brain and make another new one for that set and give me the one that is finished. He gave me a price of 699 for one wheel, which is considered wholesale price. Yeah right. I only paid 2400 for a set of four rims mind you that the rear rims are bigger. 699 times for nearly 2800. I said well if i bought that one you had, when can you ship it to me? Vincent says a couple of a week because the new ceramic process is actually a longer process. What kind of a business converts its operations so that a part of the process takes longer? I could understand if the process made a superior finish then maybe. But thats another topic. And to clear things up. The day he told me he found my wheel, he specifically deceived me by saying, "we found your wheel at the finishers and we'll ship it back ASAP, and by the way, we will also send you a check for 150 for your troubles." At that point I'm like great, a finished wheel and some money. What he forgot to mention was that the check was for me to find someone else to fix it. Deceiving... I just spoke to him today about that and guess what,... no rebuttal...The point is kids, iForged has really bad service. Come on. With this kind of service and irresponsibility, I really hope iForged goes out of business.

Sorry for the long story. I just had to vent.

Never mind weeks, it took months for them to do nothing to a wheel.

I hear all you people complaining about dpe and iforged taking like 13 weeks. Well do you feel better now?

And for the people who were considering get iforged,... Better take your business elsewhere, some place that actually appreciates their customers.
Old 06-22-05, 07:49 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should move this to the wheels forum. Sorry this happened to you
Old 06-22-05, 08:03 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by willcg
I bought iForged rims in winter of 2003 and man were they sweet. 19's Flux brushed. I was rolling on them until August of 04. I curbed one of them as I was pulling out of a parking space. I tried to have someone here on the east coast fix em but since they were two piece and welded together, this shop wasn't able to repair it. So I decided to have iForged all the way in California fix it. I call up Vincent Wong and he said sure, we'll fix it. He said we'll probably have to re-hoop the wheel and get it to you by three to six weeks. I'm like okay, whatever it takes. I call back two weeks later and he says yeah, we don't see the wheel yet. Another two weeks later, I call hoping they found the wheel and progress has started. Nope, Vincent says, oh.. we have SEMA at Vegas or something and yeah, we're too busy to fix your wheel, we probably can't do it until after its complete so your looking at another 3-6 weeks. Again my attitude was alright whatever it takes. I was patient, Vincent knew and he took advantage of that. So I call back a month later and he says oh the wheel is at the finisher. (They outsource all there finishing or so he says, could be a lie). I'm like word, my wheel is almost done, NOT. BIG FAT NOT. I call back two or three weeks later and guess what, Vincent says the finisher lost the wheel and they have to find it. Ooops. Since I couldn't do anything about it at that point, I figure I'd have to wait. So I call him back again like a week later to see if they found it. Nope. I give him ring the next week. Nope. Finally he says, we'll make you a new wheel no charge. It'll take "a couple of weeks". I ask him don't you guys have a new process for making wheels which takes half the normal time, he says yup it a ceramic coating process. Fine. Make me the new wheel and get it to me. Three weeks pass and I call him, nope not done. Then another two weeks pass and finally for the first time ever he calls me and say, oh we found your wheel from the finishers and we will ship the wheel to you ASAP and for your troubles we will give you a check for 150. At this point I'm celebrating. After 11 months of waiting I'll get my wheel.

I get my wheel last friday and guess what... My frustration, time and money has been wasted as Vincent Wong has wasted an entire year for what? NOTHING. The wheel is in the same condition as I sent it to him. Do you believe that?

I called him the next biz day which was monday. He says he told me it wasn't fix when he called me (liar). Whatever the ***** ever, I'm like then give me a hook up on the wheel you put into production six weeks ago. He's like oh well since we made a set of three to complete the set, it going to be hard to sell it to you. I'm like well use your brain and make another new one for that set and give me the one that is finished. He gave me a price of 699 for one wheel, which is considered wholesale price. Yeah right. I only paid 2400 for a set of four rims mind you that the rear rims are bigger. 699 times for nearly 2800. I said well if i bought that one you had, when can you ship it to me? Vincent says a couple of a week because the new ceramic process is actually a longer process. What kind of a business converts its operations so that a part of the process takes longer? I could understand if the process made a superior finish then maybe. But thats another topic. And to clear things up. The day he told me he found my wheel, he specifically deceived me by saying, "we found your wheel at the finishers and we'll ship it back ASAP, and by the way, we will also send you a check for 150 for your troubles." At that point I'm like great, a finished wheel and some money. What he forgot to mention was that the check was for me to find someone else to fix it. Deceiving... I just spoke to him today about that and guess what,... no rebuttal...The point is kids, iForged has really bad service. Come on. With this kind of service and irresponsibility, I really hope iForged goes out of business.

Sorry for the long story. I just had to vent.

Never mind weeks, it took months for them to do nothing to a wheel.

I hear all you people complaining about dpe and iforged taking like 13 weeks. Well do you feel better now?

And for the people who were considering get iforged,... Better take your business elsewhere, some place that actually appreciates their customers.

Welcome to Clublexus. This post is merged.
Old 06-22-05, 08:15 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, they just gotta get their customer service straight. I've delt with both owners. It was a ***** getting a hold of them when something was wrong.

I now have chips on the rivets. Looks like the rivets are Brass with a high polish finish.
I dont think i'll even bother contacting them about it since i know that it'll take them a million years to fix.
Old 06-22-05, 08:26 PM
willcg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I rarely go there b/c there are maybe 10 people with a clue and the rest with the total brain capacity of a prehistoric dinasour turd. IS.net is another matter altogether

I need to see pics. No way I am sending a wheel to Cali and I get it back and its the same and I have no proof. I think we here at Clublexus had tons to do with the huge improvement in customer service at I-forged (I can't find the link) when he helped out a member waiting over 8 months for 1 wheel. Since then, I have noticed almost no compalint threads at I-forged. Kudos to them. Also vendors like D-2 and others have helped the communication process tons with I-forged.

Its still a business and sadly, every once in awhile, a mistake will be made.

The guy needs some pics for us to see, BEFORE and AFTER
Sorry for the long post.

I'm being honest. Here is today's picture. I mounted the tire and rim monday and I received the rim last friday. This is exactly the same rim I shipped out nearly a year ago.
Attached Thumbnails Iforged troubles (merged threads)-damage.jpg  
Old 06-22-05, 08:30 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

WillCG - I am very sorry you had a bad experience with iFORGED, however I do not see the point of you going to every forum known to man to bash them. ClubLexus has a proven and reliable source for iFORGED wheels and issues resolution in D2-AUTOSPORT, so your post is
simply contrary to the state of operations in this arena.

Take a look at THIS THREAD FROM LAST YEAR , to see how iFORGED wheels are sold and their customers supported around here.

In the future, I would suggest you use a iFORGED Dealer rather than going directly to a manufacturer and designer, this is the reason that manufacturers direct all inquiries to their dealers, because dealers are more suited to handling issues, folllowing up in a timely manner, etc and the reason you don't see threads like yours on this site.

For example, in the same instance, I would have recommended you to 2 or 3 proven wheel repair facilities and assisted in price check and infomation rather than simply tell you "send it back to iFORGED". I had a customer contact me today for a new wheel because he curbed one, I simply gave him the contact information for a repair facility that will repair the wheel to like new condition. This of course will save said individual at least 400-500 dollars and time.

Just giving you a feel for how things are done by D2. In the future, feel free to contact me, (email and all info below), if you need assistance.

-Derrick

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 06-22-05 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-22-05, 08:31 PM
Mlo
Driver School Candidate

Default Quality of Iforged wheels?

For those who own Iforged wheels, what is your experience with the quality and customer service of Iforged? The reason I ask is because I was really considering getting some Iforged wheels but after reading this I'm unsure.

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=111940
Old 06-22-05, 08:33 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by willcg
Sorry for the long post.

I'm being honest. Here is today's picture. I mounted the tire and rim monday and I received the rim last friday. This is exactly the same rim I shipped out nearly a year ago.
so after the finisher found you wheel (that they lost), did iFORGED give you the choice of $150.00 for local repair and the damaged wheel back or wait for the new wheel to be finished?

Originally Posted by Mlo
For those who own Iforged wheels, what is your experience with the quality and customer service of Iforged? The reason I ask is because I was really considering getting some Iforged wheels but after reading this I'm unsure.
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=111940
That's the same post, just a different forum, FYI

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 06-22-05 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-22-05, 08:41 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Will,

Honestly it seems you're spamming all the car forums with your story. I feel sorry for you, but you seem to pretend to have a GS400 here on ClubLexus, you posted in S class and C32 on MBworld, 350z, IS.net, g35 driver, etc etc. What do you really drive? DO NOT SPAM MULTIPLE FORUMS ON ClubLexus AS YOU HAVE DONE ON OTHER SITES OR WE WILL BAN YOU. Wheel stuff goes in this forum where I moved your thread.

Your problem seems to be dealing directly with VIncent, who by reading past accounts has very little clue about customer service or communication. Our vendor D2 autosports who has already posted in this thread has done a great job at getting Iforged stuff for customers and being an intermediary - honestly one with more pull than you as an individual - for our members.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Iforged troubles (merged threads)