Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Lifetime Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-05, 12:23 PM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lifetime Alignment

does anyone have any experience with lifetime alignment from local tire shops? what's the quality of work that they usually do? is it really worth getting a lifetime alignment deal or should i take my car to get aligned at shops that also do alignments for 18 wheelers?
Old 06-09-05, 12:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

dunno, personally i don't really trust that too much. the way i see it, if it's just my daily stock beater or something, now that could be a good deal

but for those of us who lower the car extensively, with big wide wheels, low profile tires, and especially the gs where alignment is so sensitive, i rather pay the right money to do the right thing. and of all the good shops i know who are more specialized into these stuff, they don't have these lifetime thing

heck, here the racing shop most of us go to for alignment? we pay 200 bucks each time!
Old 06-09-05, 12:48 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm getting it done this weekend by a place in Joliet called Joliet Spring it's $90 dollars for a 4-way alignment. And that's a on time deal no lifetime here. There specila is 18 wheelers If you ask a Lawyer lifetime is = to 7 yrs of owenership Then why do the say lifetime I really don't know?????
Old 06-09-05, 12:55 PM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

well, i'm running on stock height. i just changed my struts to bilstein HD's last week using stock springs and i'm getting new tires this weekend. big-o-tires is offering to do lifetime alignment on my car for 140. and yes, i drive my car everyday. it's my daily driver.
Old 06-09-05, 01:02 PM
Fiya
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a lifetime alignment at Firestone. It more than pays itself off after 3 alignments. One annoying problem is the staff. One guy is friendly and he owns an LS, he always helps me out quickly. The other guy is a real pain. once he finds out I own a lifetime alignment he will schedule my appointment but always leave my car for last. I have to wait 5+ hours for a simple alignment!

They always give me a printout of the changes and let me know if it's a little off and if I'm ok with the results.

Oh and I have 18" on stock suspension and I haven't had a problem but I will be lowering the car for my next mod so we'll see what happens.
Old 06-09-05, 01:40 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Nah dont waste the money. If you go to a place like Les Swab you get a 1 month warrenty. I had 4 done for only $60 bucks or something like that. LOL.
Old 06-09-05, 01:43 PM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

yea, i just called a big-o-tires store and one dude who works there told me that they tend to blow you off after a few alignments. they will put your car at last priority and you would have to wait like 5 hours. any places you guys recommend around southern california?
Old 06-09-05, 02:53 PM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

i just called a place in orange county called Anderson Alignment. these guys specialize in alignment and also do alignment for 18 wheelers. they are quoting me 75 bucks for a 4 wheel alignment and giving me a 3 month/4000 mile warranty. they do not use laser alignment, but will give me a print out of before and after. what do you guys think?
Old 06-10-05, 02:28 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acidrool
I have a lifetime alignment at Firestone. It more than pays itself off after 3 alignments. One annoying problem is the staff. One guy is friendly and he owns an LS, he always helps me out quickly. The other guy is a real pain. once he finds out I own a lifetime alignment he will schedule my appointment but always leave my car for last. I have to wait 5+ hours for a simple alignment!

They always give me a printout of the changes and let me know if it's a little off and if I'm ok with the results.

Oh and I have 18" on stock suspension and I haven't had a problem but I will be lowering the car for my next mod so we'll see what happens.
I have the Firestone lifetime also. I've never hade any problem w/ their work.
A way to avoid taking hours to get an alignment. is , I call by phone and make an appointment for a certian time that I"ll be in. and I don't mention the lifetime coupon untill I walk in the door. They usually get my car in in 30-45 minutes.
Old 06-10-05, 02:41 PM
DXC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSquicksilver
i just called a place in orange county called Anderson Alignment. these guys specialize in alignment and also do alignment for 18 wheelers. they are quoting me 75 bucks for a 4 wheel alignment and giving me a 3 month/4000 mile warranty. they do not use laser alignment, but will give me a print out of before and after. what do you guys think?

FREE Alignment when you get wheel & tire package through us
Old 06-10-05, 03:28 PM
Fiya
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
A way to avoid taking hours to get an alignment. is , I call by phone and make an appointment for a certian time that I"ll be in. and I don't mention the lifetime coupon untill I walk in the door. They usually get my car in in 30-45 minutes.
You wouldn't believe the excuses that come up when I try this and then say at the last minute that I have a lifetime alignment. "oh the machine just stopped working" "we have a emegency with the car on rack 1" "looks like the car ahead of you jammed the machine"

I've had the lifetime packages on my cars for over 3 years and I've heard every excuse in the book. I've complained to everyone and even had my friends bring in my car to test them. Once they know it's lifetime they will put it last in line. But I deal with it because it's still a great deal.
Old 06-11-05, 08:33 AM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

go to the firestone on beach and edinger in huntington beach,,,,,,,, their aligment guy is awesome,,,,, he is done our g35, 3 gs, a 5 series, and they are all slammed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no complains
Old 06-13-05, 01:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by DXC
FREE Alignment when you get wheel & tire package through us
haha now that's some nice service so you guys have an alignment machine at work? so someone gets wheels from you they can come in every weekend for alignment?
Old 06-17-05, 11:24 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
I live in San Jose Ca area. And i had seen others post regarding the lifetime alignent at Firestone. And i debated wether to go to a quality shop and pay more but know its done right, or to go with the lifetime knowing it may be 2nd rate.
Well I got a firestone coupon for 20 off , so i thought i would go ahead and chance it. I went to the Firestone located on ElCamino in Sunnyvale next to the Toys R'Us.
But right away the clerk wasnt sure wether they could do a Lexus sc300 . The mgr said yes after thinking for a minute. Then as the clerk was writing up the work order , the mgr said "Its not lowered or anything is it?" When i said yes it is- He said they couldnt. And recommended Custom alignments by the way.
Now what i was wanting to know is , Is that the normal policy of all the Firestones or do most do alignments on lowered cars?
This wasnt a shock since the same shop had declined lowering my sc when i had my own parts a couple months back.
Old 06-18-05, 06:54 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs down

Never heard of a 'lifetime' alignment personally.......sounds like places are willing to say almost anything to get a customer to enter their shop.

Quick Reply: Lifetime Alignment