Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Nittos new "Neo Gen" tires for negative camber...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-05, 01:27 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nittos new "Neo Gen" tires for negative camber...

Hey guys,

What are your inputs for this new tire that Nitto is coming out with? It supposedly increases the life of a tire that has negative camber by 20%. 20% is not much of a big deal if you factor in what these tires may cost as compared to a normal tire.

From the website:

Experience the Art of Tire with Neo Gen, the latest offering of extreme high performance radials from Nitto Tire. Neo Gen's unique asymmetrical tread pattern is an art in motion designed to perform. The innovative three-dimensional, multi-wave sipes are optimized to reduce irregular wear, as compared to conventional sipes. And the slanted, three-dimensional tread blocks provide the necessary rigidity for improved cornering and enhanced traction in varying weather conditions. This perfectly balanced combination of technology and art suits the most demanding automotive enthusiast. With Neo Gen, you'll experience first hand the Art of Tire.

All-Season Performance (mud and snow)
V and Z performance rated
3-D tread blocks
Excellent cornering and handling
Attractive tread design
High speed stability
Designed to wear evenly on lowered cars with negative camber

thanks
Old 06-04-05, 04:53 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking about these myself as I get some bad camber wear in the front. I actually like the tread pattern. Im not sure if they are available in my sizes though, 245-35-20 and 275-30-20
Old 06-04-05, 05:41 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds pretty innovative, but is the 20% increased tire life compared to a tire that has been flipped/rotated? Couldn't you get more life out of regular tires if you have them flipped?

The 3 downsides I see about these tires are that:

1) The tires can't be flipped (even though they supposedly give 20% more life),
2) their sizes are VERY limited: http://www.nittotire.com/popup_neogen_sizes.asp
3) they're Nittos...which means they won't ride as comfortably and quietly as your Michelins.