Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Will the HREs from my GS fit on my LS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-05, 10:34 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Also - what have you seen from folks that have bought these about the quality and propensity for bends, etc? Price on them is nice, but want to make sure that isn't because corners were cut.
Old 05-24-05, 10:37 AM
DXC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Thanks for the suggestions dxc!

Looked with interest at the post when you rolled those out.

CL105 Looks OK, but a little to aggressive for the LS
CL210 I'm on the borderline of liking, but not quite there. I really like the leftmost wheel in your sig, kind of AC-like, but this one just doesn't have exactly what makes me like the others.
Inspire - Not my style, very glad this one is a limited edition (IMO, sorry but it reminds me of reindeer antlers )
Spiders - Hmmm, maybe . They come in 18 inch and have one that will clear the 4 pot brakes of the LS in stock? Got pics of 'em on a car (not a photoshop)? Have it in stock in finishes other than hyper black?

I don't want staggered on the LS, since this is a daily driver I want to rotate.

hehe... VERY PRECISE analysis - I like your professional way making comments

CL105 - the picture I showed is for Rear, for Front, it's NOT that aggressive, I got Front pictures, BUT the size is too large, so I will re-size and submit tomorrow. The Front one will just somewhat look like D2's picture

CL210 - it's um... kind of I will say VIP, good for BIG cars, definitely not for sports cars - my Mercedes customers are in love with it - BUT 19" & 20" are still in making process.

My signature (most left) - it's Amistad Type F, Amistad's 2004 newest design. We sold ALL back in March and re-produced some in May. They are 2-pc wheels (pictures attached)

Inspire - hehe... limited edition means, if someone likes it, get it; otherwise It's a fun design.

Spider - it's the most popular designs - sold over 100 pieces in 2 days Look & our special Price UNFORTUNATELY, it only comes with Hyper Black. I have real pictures (but again, the size is too large and I will post tomorrow - it won't disappoint you).
Attached Thumbnails Will the HREs from my GS fit on my LS?-typef_chrome_1.jpg  
Old 05-24-05, 10:40 AM
DXC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also - what have you seen from folks that have bought these about the quality and propensity for bends, etc? Price on them is nice, but want to make sure that isn't because corners were cut.

Hereborrani is Japan designed wheels (as you can see the ads on afEXE magazine - cost up to $5,000 per page per issue), so don't worry about the quality In addition, 1-pc with NO lip, so min. possibility for bending issue

Spider - with that design & price, I buy 6 of them in case they are out of stock in 1 day

Dave - if you still remember, we did 4 afEXE issues photoshoot last year, guess what, we are doing it again next month... If I need some cars, you will help out, right?

okie, here is Amistad Type F in Silver Polished
Attached Thumbnails Will the HREs from my GS fit on my LS?-typef_silverpolished_2.jpg  
Old 05-24-05, 10:50 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 315 Likes on 193 Posts

Thanks guys. I'm a little reluctant to put the HREs on the LS because I know it will set expectations for me how good it will look with really nice wheels.... and I only want to put 'moderately nice' wheels on it since its my beater car.
This is a beater car getting an L-sportline body kit, exhaust and wheels?? Man, I wish I were in your shoes!
Old 05-24-05, 11:02 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
This is a beater car getting an L-sportline body kit, exhaust and wheels?? Man, I wish I were in your shoes!
Lol if you only knew. Your current HRE shoes were almost on it many times when they were for sale and I was in the 'keep it stock' mode Now I'm wishing I had pulled the trigger
Old 05-24-05, 11:28 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 315 Likes on 193 Posts

Lol if you only knew. Your current HRE shoes were almost on it many times when they were for sale and I was in the 'keep it stock' mode Now I'm wishing I had pulled the trigger
Yes, I remember that conversation when I mentioned to you that I had bought them!

Hey, there is a reason for the way things happen!!!! Now I wish I had waited out and got 19's instead! 18's (especially the HRE 447R) look too small on a GS!