Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Need tires soon...Bridgestone good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-05, 01:22 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Need tires soon...Bridgestone good?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...romCompare1=yes

What do you think? i need new tires now, the Dunlop SP2 sports on the rear are wearing, and the Yopkhama Avids in the front are just sub-par...wearing on the inside horribly from the bad rack and pinion i had, now that that is corrected, i want to buy new tires.

Originally Posted by tirerack.com
The Potenza G009 is Bridgestone's High Performance All-Season tire that was developed to meet the needs of sports car, coupe and sedan drivers who want to be associated with the performance heritage of the Bridgestone brand in racing. The Potenza G009 combines Bridgestone's advanced UNI-T Technology with affordable pricing.

Bridgestone's UNI-T Technology focuses on three primary tire components, the beads, casing and tread, which influence overall performance by enhancing comfort, handling and traction. On the outside, the Potenza G009 molds a Long Link Carbon Black tread compound into a directional tread design that features stable tread blocks for sporty handling, flowing grooves that channel water towards the sides of the tire to resist hydroplaning, and independent, siped shoulder blocks to provide the snow biting edges needed for winter traction. A continuous, arrow-shaped center rib helps reduce noise while providing constant road contact to increase straight-line stability. Internally, the Potenza G009 features a Computer Optimized Component System which blends twin, high-tensile steel belts with spiral-wrapped jointless belt edge strips to stabilize the tread area to enhance handling, high-speed capability and ride quality while minimizing weight.

Bridgestone Potenza G009 tires feature black sidewall styling with black letters reversed out of a circumferential serrated band. They are H-speed rated and available in 65-, 60-, 55-, 50-, 45- and 40-series sizes for 14" to 17" wheel diameters.
I dont need anything extremely special, but i would like low road noise, good comfort, and excellent traction on sdry roads. the wet traction i am not so much concerned with...what i mean is, i am willing to take a hit on the wet traction for excellent comfort. though it looks liek this tire will do it all around.

assuming it costs $20 to mount and balance a tire, I can have a set of these, installed and ready to go for $343.40 plus tax. not bad...

and i dont have to pay the tire place to put them on the car, i will do that myself, haul the old tires and rims with the new tires down there in the F150. thoughts?
Old 03-06-05, 03:54 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

What is the exact size tire you need Army? Personally no, I would not even have Bridgestone's on my 'radar' screen as there are much better choices out there & I'm willing to bet for cheaper too.
Old 03-06-05, 07:02 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

LOL

195/60-15 is whats on there now OEM size...

would like to go to a 50 or a 45 sidewall though...i like the lo-pro look...and texas roads arent bad enough to warrant not getting what i want due to that.

the treadwear has to be good, have to last 30K at least with normal driving...im not too terribly hard on tires...especially not in this car with its auto tranny LOL.
i appreciate the help...by all means, lend me your advice, tires arent really my thing. i know baout the, how they work, what they do, but as for which brands are best, i only know the biggest ones, goodyear, michelin, yuckohama (not a typo, i hate the yukies i have now) etc...

oh and the tread pattern has to look cool. preferably directional tires.

i like the dunlop sp2 sports i have in the rear, but i cant find them anywhere...?

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 03-06-05 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-06-05, 10:32 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
LOL

195/60-15 is whats on there now OEM size...

would like to go to a 50 or a 45 sidewall though...i like the lo-pro look...and texas roads arent bad enough to warrant not getting what i want due to that.

the treadwear has to be good, have to last 30K at least with normal driving...im not too terribly hard on tires...especially not in this car with its auto tranny LOL.
i appreciate the help...by all means, lend me your advice, tires arent really my thing. i know baout the, how they work, what they do, but as for which brands are best, i only know the biggest ones, goodyear, michelin, yuckohama (not a typo, i hate the yukies i have now) etc...

oh and the tread pattern has to look cool. preferably directional tires.

i like the dunlop sp2 sports i have in the rear, but i cant find them anywhere...?
Go with the Falkens Army (let's keep everything on one site too so all comments on this subject so far is on LOC). They are directional as well.
Old 03-12-05, 02:26 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

thats what i found while rotating, i decided to get new tires all the way around...and i decided on these:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...d=006158&ar=60

Falken Ziex ZE-512 in 190-60-R15 with an H speed rating.

thanks for the input guys!