Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?
View Poll Results: Should I fix this or get new rims?
Fix it!
37.50%
Get new rims!
62.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Is this damage fixable?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-05, 07:42 PM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by morris
Look in the phone book if your in MD I bet there are several good places that do wheel repair.
The funny thing is....not many people know people in MD who do the repair.

I talked to a guy today whose shop apparently does really good work. Unfortunately, he charges a minimum $125 to weld, another $50 to refinish (since he's fixing the wheel already), and then another $30 to remount/balance the tire, totalling $205.

I think I'm just going to fix one rim for now. I was going to refinish all four, but if there's a chance I'm going to pay $205 for each wheel, I might as well save up and get nicer wheels in the future.

Anybody know anyone in MD who does a good job at a better price than this? Is this a typical price?

What do ya'll think?
Old 02-22-05, 10:20 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kevs
The funny thing is....not many people know people in MD who do the repair.

I talked to a guy today whose shop apparently does really good work. Unfortunately, he charges a minimum $125 to weld, another $50 to refinish (since he's fixing the wheel already), and then another $30 to remount/balance the tire, totalling $205.

I think I'm just going to fix one rim for now. I was going to refinish all four, but if there's a chance I'm going to pay $205 for each wheel, I might as well save up and get nicer wheels in the future.

Anybody know anyone in MD who does a good job at a better price than this? Is this a typical price?

What do ya'll think?
Any shop outside of the LA area I'd say this is average, maybe slightly high. I'd guess my local shop would fix it for $125 out the door including mount & balance. People have shipped from out of state to have work done, but if you did that I'd say ship only the wheel.

It cost almost $1000 to have all four of my wheels polished inside / outside rims painted centers and a humongus hole repaired. For your wheels, I'd say just fix the one rim and save for new wheels or another mod.

See my Wheel story here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=bullet

Any questions about my thread, just post the question there.

These guys can fix almost anything !
Attached Thumbnails Is this damage fixable?-wheel.jpg  

Last edited by RMMGS4; 02-22-05 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-23-05, 04:51 PM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it looks like I'll just be repairing the one rim. I don't feel like doing all four and dishing out money when I may want to change later...

I just wish there were some shops here in MD that could do it for a little better of a price than $205...
Old 02-23-05, 09:09 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey I have the same crack on the same spot...!! Here in NY, I can get it fixed for 80 bucks...I'm actually bringing my wheel to a shop for them to fix...