Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

What will happen to put 5x114.3 wheels on 5x112?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-22, 04:56 PM
thejensen
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lol, Check the date of the last reply

[QUOTE=brad112;11264767]
Originally Posted by blueGS400
as far as it being safe, no it is absolutely not safe, me and 3 other wheel experts including dude from hre, and brandon at tire rack went over this before, no it is not safe and never will be safe, let the technical questions get answered by professionals, and as far as your not liking my attitude if u got a problem with me or the way i speak pm me and deal with it there, otherwise you need to mind your own business as far as things i say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so from here on im letting u know to keep your personal opinions of me off the forum,,,,,,,,,

merry christmas by the way[/QUOTE

working for a Wheel company does not make you an expert. I'm new to this forum and I totally agree with what the guy said you talk sideways and it's messed up. I'm glad that you and a couple of other guys think you know what you're talking about because you might work for wheel companies or tire companies but I've owned a hundreds of cars put on several different fitments of rims on many cars. I was a service writer at a shop for a long time. I don't just work for a company that sells Automotive accessories I use automotive accessories I build four-wheel drives and lowriders in my spare time I research tons of points of interest on these things. A 112 lug pattern and a 114.3 rim will work out just fine for most applications. Think whatever you want but we've been running stuff like this for the last 30 years and I have not met a single person who has had more of an issue other than slight vibration. Half the people buying used wheels out there that think that they're getting 114.3 are actually getting 112 anyway. Many wheel Distributors substitute 112 for 114.3 often. And if you're that worried about it get wobble nuts and torque the correct way you'll be fine. If that's not enough to make a person feel better oh, they make very high-quality wheel lug pattern adapters these days. They're used on Jeep Wranglers all the time for off-road applications, meaning they are tough as hell. But of course they're always want to be purest out there that think they know the right way because there's only one right way hahaha. We wouldn't have automobiles at all if Henry Ford in those other guys thought like you.
Dude, I'm laughing my *** off over here... Do you realize you just replied to a thread that's nearly 20 years old?! Lol lol lo!!

God bless the internet.

Carry on!
The following users liked this post:
NicksIS (10-01-23)