Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Pirelli PZero Nero M&S vs Continental ContiExtremeContact

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-04, 08:54 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pirelli PZero Nero M&S vs Continental ContiExtremeContact

Brandon,

I was looking at the customer survey data for both the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S and the Continental ContiExtremeContact and the customer ratings for the Pirellis were slightly higher than the Continentals in every category except snow traction. I saw this old thread and also this sticky thread with your Top 6 Ultra High Performance All Season Tires where you recommended the Yokohama AVS DB S2 over both of these tires but I think the Pirellis came out slightly better in the customer survery data and I wasn't happy with the tread life on the one set of Yokohamas I owned in the past. In both of the following tests on TireRack, the Pirellis came out ahead of both the Continentals and Yokohamas.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...emeContact.jsp
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/kumho_ecsta_asx.jsp

I'm obviously leaning towards the Pirellis based on everything I've read and I had a set of Pirelli P7000 Super Sport which I really liked but I wanted to get your opinion on which one you'd recommend and why. And I'd also like to know which one you think will have better tread life.

Incidentally, if I want to be really cheap, I may end up getting another set of the Sumitomo HTR+ because I've been pretty happy with them but I was thinking about spending a little extra money this time.
Old 12-23-04, 10:32 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Sam Khoury
Brandon,

I was looking at the customer survey data for both the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S and the Continental ContiExtremeContact and the customer ratings for the Pirellis were slightly higher than the Continentals in every category except snow traction. I saw this old thread and also this sticky thread with your Top 6 Ultra High Performance All Season Tires where you recommended the Yokohama AVS DB S2 over both of these tires but I think the Pirellis came out slightly better in the customer survery data and I wasn't happy with the tread life on the one set of Yokohamas I owned in the past. In both of the following tests on TireRack, the Pirellis came out ahead of both the Continentals and Yokohamas.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...emeContact.jsp
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/kumho_ecsta_asx.jsp

I'm obviously leaning towards the Pirellis based on everything I've read and I had a set of Pirelli P7000 Super Sport which I really liked but I wanted to get your opinion on which one you'd recommend and why. And I'd also like to know which one you think will have better tread life.

Incidentally, if I want to be really cheap, I may end up getting another set of the Sumitomo HTR+ because I've been pretty happy with them but I was thinking about spending a little extra money this time.
Sam,

If your looking for an awesome all season performance tire that is 'off the charts' I would give serious consideration to the Falken Ziex ZE-512 (came in first place). It blew away 20 all season performance tires (including my beloved Toyo Proxes TPT - which are awesome too), including snow, ice & heavy rain traction. The have a 60,000 mile warranty & are made by Sumitomo which is a Japanese tire company

Check out www.falkentire.com OR go to www.tiretrends.com & put in your exact tire size you need on the right side of your screen to see what is available in your size (chances are the Falkens are available for you).

My wife put a set on her Ford Focus & they are just awesome!! We've had yet another major snow storm up here in Toronto (with about 12 inches of snow & now freezing rain). The Falken's performed flawlessly & should be cheaper than the Pirelli's & Conti's! Keep us posted & good luck.......unfortunately, tirerack dosen't carry Falken OR Toyo's which is a shame! But look at the Falken website to find dealers in your area!
Old 12-23-04, 01:57 PM
slawek65
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Red face

Toyo Proxes 4 have very good # to
Old 12-23-04, 02:24 PM
daleer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put 18" wheels and pirelli pzero nero m&s tires on my gs430 to replace the stock 16s. Even with the 2" larger wheels and lower profiles, the car now rides quieter than it did on the stock 16's. I haven't gotten a chance to try hard cornering yet, but so far I'm LOVING the pzero's.
Old 12-23-04, 11:34 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by slawek65
Toyo Proxes 4 have very good # to
Agreed slaw!