Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Gauging Intrest / Preview : 1pc Staggered Wheels - New Models

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-04, 09:03 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauging Intrest / Preview : 1pc Staggered Wheels - New Models

Hey Guys,

The market trends are really heavily swayed towards staggered fitments (large lip sizes), and cleaner designs for 2005. Alot of companies that are normally alot more "bling" heavy are introducing cleaner, more tasteful designs to appeal to a less flashy consumer. A good example of this are mcgongs new Bazo Wheels. There is also a need for wheels with these features in a 1pc construction to accomodate those with more conservative budgets. (Average 20" mid to highline wheel is about 4000-4200 when you add tires/mounting/shipping/etc)

I received the following protoype pics from my Donz distributer, these are 2 new designs that will be introduced in early to mid January 05. Sizes will be 18, 19, 20x8.5 / 20x10 with fitments for a Lexus vehicles. Lip sizes on average are 3.5-4" (rear). The initial finishes availible will be Silver / Chrome lip, Black / Chrome lip. I dont have finalized pricing yet, but I'd bet the farm they will be ALOT more affordable than iFORGED, WORK, etc etc.

The 5spoke is called the Colombo. The Multispoke is called the Genovese.

What do you guys think? Any interest for wheels like these?

Mercedes Benz E500, Genovese (Black), 3" fr / 4"rr LipFULL SIZE PIC

Genovese Silver

Columbo Silver
Old 12-20-04, 09:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i think the columbo looks good
Old 12-21-04, 08:14 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dunno, D. They both look kinda cheap to me....
Old 12-22-04, 12:01 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Columbo looks like Blitz wheels?
Old 12-22-04, 10:49 AM
DXC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jtanoyo1

eh... I kind of agree. If I HAVE TO choose, then the 5-spoke will get my vote.
Old 12-22-04, 01:32 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

They look pretty nice. The first wheel looks kinda busy with the design etched into the center of the spokes. If they were to forgo the etching in the center of the spokes it would have made for a much cleaner design.

I'm diggin' the 5spoke...looks like a hybrid between the Work Euroline and Zauber Gettins
Old 12-22-04, 01:48 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Honestly, these wheels are not really intended for the "jtanoyo's" of the world For those of you that already have iFORGED, Dronnel, AME, etc these are not your bag......baby.

These are intended for those that like the deep dish 20" look but have about 1-2k less to spend than some other guys.

I guess I should have titled the thread: "Guaging Interest for Budget Sensitive Wheel" LOL
Old 12-22-04, 02:08 PM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT

I guess I should have titled the thread: "Guaging Interest for Budget Sensitive Wheel" LOL

ROFL!!!! LOL!!! Good one "D"
Old 12-22-04, 02:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

hahaha derrick, that subject line would be very funny
Old 12-22-04, 02:18 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rominl
hahaha derrick, that subject line would be very funny
In all seriousness though, there are alot of people that contact me or stop me in the street about my wheels, they love them-finish, lip, beautiful car they're attached to( j/k). But when it gets to price, some people stumble. Even for 2pc in HI-polished. The bottom line is alot of people out there want to spend about 3k on wheels and tires. I know alot of us CL'ers do not fall in that category, but I also know there are others that do.

I really attempt to avoid the philisophical aspect of price vs prestige, etc because as a vendor it can really offend people. I prefer to do my best to accomodate people while still being able to sleep at night (if I sold someone a set of Johnsons wheels, I think I would need professional help! LOL)

These are not the bestest of the bestest, but they are pretty simple, clean and cost effective.
Old 12-22-04, 02:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i have to agree with you totally. i got stopped at malls and stuff by people asking about my car, and they often compliment my wheels. when they ask about the price, i am always reluntant in saying the price coz' 1) i am afraid that they will jack my car, and 2) they will never believe it

couple of times i said about the prices and they were all like wtf... i can understand that these wheels are really not for everyone, maybe that's why i like them -- being a bit exclusive.

i respect what you are doing though, derrick. being a wheel vendor, you indeed want to cover all the customers and get more options for people. afterall, there are people who wants more economy setups.
Old 12-22-04, 03:38 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

derrick, i am one of donz wheelz biggest accounts for a single retail store, i have to say overall the pricing has been good and weve sold alot of product with no problems...........these are for the people who want nice wheels but have less to spend...........i think its good that u offer lower priced wheels for more price sensitive shoppers, not everyone can afford multi piece like us and for you to stay in business u need to have other options in pricing...........have u sold donz wheelz before?............ive got alot of there styles in stock u can look at when your down this week at my shop,,,,,,,,,,,,ill see u then, call me on my cell i gave you so i can give u directions to my shop

later,
mike
Old 12-23-04, 06:17 AM
afaleti
Driver

Default Mr Deep Pocket !

What is not cheap to you ?