Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Fuzion ZRi??? Needs Opinions or Reviews!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-04, 12:11 PM
Michifan12
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuzion ZRi??? Needs Opinions or Reviews!!

Hey guys did a search but didn't really come up with anything...I need new tires for the IS300 and Firestone quoted me a helluva deal on the Fuzion ZRi and I was wondering if anyone here had them and what their experience was??

Thanks!
Old 12-02-04, 08:57 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i heard firestone was bringing back last years BLOWOUT sale..................lol get them if u want, lol, i wouldnt
Old 12-02-04, 09:42 PM
Michifan12
Pole Position

Originally posted by blueGS400
i heard firestone was bringing back last years BLOWOUT sale..................lol get them if u want, lol, i wouldnt
you know what i don't get....why does everyone nut over the bridgestone s-03 pole positions if firestone is so crappy??? hmmm didnt think about that one did we...?!!!
Old 12-03-04, 09:57 AM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

best advise you could ever get.................BUY TOYO!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-04, 01:55 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i've looked at a few. they seem like a good tire. I wish Firestone still had the SZ50EP...
Old 12-07-04, 11:53 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Fuzion? I work in the wheel business and I've never heard of these!
I cannot say that I would ever put them on my Lexus... even if they were free.
They're probably okay for a Cavalier or Neon, though.
Old 12-07-04, 12:43 PM
Michifan12
Pole Position

Originally posted by SoCalSC4
Fuzion? I work in the wheel business and I've never heard of these!
I cannot say that I would ever put them on my Lexus... even if they were free.
They're probably okay for a Cavalier or Neon, though.
Haha you've never heard of these wheels because they're not wheels....they're tires!!
Old 12-07-04, 01:07 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Haha you've never heard of these wheels because they're not wheels....they're tires!!
Yup, but us wheel guys need tires to make a workable set-up for customers... in fact, I do some consulting for major tire manufacturers (Toyo, Yokohama, Pirelli, Michelin, Falken) when it comes to new sizes, etc.
Old 12-07-04, 01:29 PM
Michifan12
Pole Position

Originally posted by SoCalSC4
Yup, but us wheel guys need tires to make a workable set-up for customers... in fact, I do some consulting for major tire manufacturers (Toyo, Yokohama, Pirelli, Michelin, Falken) when it comes to new sizes, etc.
Ooh ok I guess we just misunderstood each other ) Well I'm going with the Toyo Proxes 4 or the Pirelli Pzero Nero M&S....can't make up my mind between the two yet.
Old 12-09-04, 08:00 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Don't quote me...

I recollect these are branded "Fuzion" for the Euro market...where in Europe, I dunno.
Old 01-25-05, 02:27 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how come everybody knocks a brand that they dont hear about very much.... especially coming from a tire dealer I find it dissapointing for you to talk down about a certain tire just because you dont know about it.

The fuzion ZRi is actually a really great tire! I'm sorry but I can only speak from my experience, Fuzion ZRi's will be replacing my Dunlop SP9000's for sure.... I cannot speak for the TOyo T1S guys but we'll see in the future when people stop talking about things they dont know and actually get out there and test these things out.

I would think a tire dealer would be speaking out of experience not throwing jabs at something personally untested.
Old 01-25-05, 04:02 PM
ESCAPED
Driver

I've got them on my car right now and have to say I love them. They are one of the best tires I have ever used. I took a chance when I got them because hadn't heard of them and glad I did.
Old 01-25-05, 05:41 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Some secondary brands can be surprisingly good buys. Way back, finding Riken was a good deal. For that particular car, the performance was and it didn't cost a whole bunch of $$$. I was pleased.

Curiosuly, are Fuzion's in decent distribution at the retail level shops?
Old 01-25-05, 08:16 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UptownGS
how come everybody knocks a brand that they dont hear about very much.... especially coming from a tire dealer I find it dissapointing for you to talk down about a certain tire just because you dont know about it.

The fuzion ZRi is actually a really great tire! I'm sorry but I can only speak from my experience, Fuzion ZRi's will be replacing my Dunlop SP9000's for sure.... I cannot speak for the TOyo T1S guys but we'll see in the future when people stop talking about things they dont know and actually get out there and test these things out.

I would think a tire dealer would be speaking out of experience not throwing jabs at something personally untested.

i have sold them and have experience with them, i did try to talk the customer out of it knowing that firestone/bridgestone is crap but he still wanted them, and later told me he wished he would have listened, toyo cannot be compared to that crap in my opinion, oh and for your info i sale rims and tires for a living so just to let u know i was "professionally speaking" and do know what im talking down in your words
Old 01-25-05, 10:10 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blueGS400
i have sold them and have experience with them, i did try to talk the customer out of it knowing that firestone/bridgestone is crap but he still wanted them, and later told me he wished he would have listened, toyo cannot be compared to that crap in my opinion, oh and for your info i sale rims and tires for a living so just to let u know i was "professionally speaking" and do know what im talking down in your words
first off I wasn't even talking to you, infact I agree that if you just wanted an awesome tire then yes.... go TOYO.

I was particularly speaking to SoCalSC4, not trying to flame but just curious as to why anyone would knock a particular brand/part but still have not tested personally.

I did my searching and found alot of people knocking Fuzion ZRi's.... mostly from BMW/lexus/Honda/Acura/Infiniti forums but none of them seemed to have personally tested these. It seems more of a phobia of the rice king. Then I found some info from the Corvette and Sti guys.... they absolutely loved them and now that I have them on my car I can see why.

I am in love with these wheels, the initial feel of the wheel far surpasses that of my Dunlop SP9000's.... although I did not want to mention that off the bat because I have yet been able to test these to the limits but in all honesty, I hardly drive hard enough to be a person able to critique wheels.

From my personal experience as a daily driver who occasionally likes to rip it up on the PCH I find these tires to be a best buy! I tossed them around and they just sucked right up on down, i only wish my girlfriend posessed the same qualities. What really makes me fall in love with the tire is that they are SOOOOOO comfortable. And Noise has drastically dissappeared from my DunlopSP9's.... I used to praise my SP9000's b/c I've been in a car w/ ToyoT1s' I find the tire great but too noisy for my liking. To me the Fuzion ZRi is the perfect balance, although I have not yet been able to do a long term test on these but will do when the time arrives. Initially I was really worried about moving from my SP9000's 275/35/19 to the Fuzion ZRi 275/30/19 ....but even though I dropped my sidewall a bit it still was even more comfortable and quieter. That checks all my priorities..... for me its a good deal.

and to offer a rebuttle to your reply, even you admited in your post that you have not personally tested these tires yourself. Just because you work in the business does not mean you know anything about these tires. Now dont take this the wrong way because I'm sure that you must agree that many people on these boards are far more competent then some of the techs at your local shops and pepboys..... believe me I've seen some real dolts try to bs their way through an inquiry at my local shops.

Quick Reply: Fuzion ZRi??? Needs Opinions or Reviews!!