Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

is +32 offset to aggresive?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-04, 02:15 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default is +32 offset to aggresive?

is +32 offset all around to aggresive (f) 19 x 8.5 245/3519 (r) 275/35/19 19 x 9.5 with ? im tryin to really get that VIP drop.

Last edited by antbo; 11-11-04 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-11-04, 03:29 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+32 offset is def aggressive setup for the GS..The ideal offset is in the 40s..

+32 offset you will probably have better luck with a bit stretched tire setup. 235 in the front and 245 or maybe a 255 in the back. I don't own a GS, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 11-11-04, 04:58 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It could work if you don't mind some work on the fender and wheel well. rominl has x8.5 +32 up front and I have x10 +38 which is pretty much equal to your x9.5 +32.
Old 11-11-04, 05:02 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Neo
It could work if you don't mind some work on the fender and wheel well. rominl has x8.5 +32 up front and I have x10 +38 which is pretty much equal to your x9.5 +32.
how much fender work? front and rear fender roll or fender completely cut off?
Old 11-11-04, 05:14 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by antbo
how much fender work? front and rear fender roll or fender completely cut off?
I'll have to let rominl chime in to be sure about the front. I don't remember him having to shave the front but just rolled and tucked in the wheel well lining. As for the rear, I'm getting by right now with half the fender shaved. It is shaved up to the screw that holds the black trim in place. I have not had a chance to retest the rubbing. My tires got cut up some when I first put on the wheels and drove to jawnthen's house for the shave work. We only shaved about 3/4 of the way to the screw. We tested it and it seems to not rub. I've since taken it to the screw just in case.

I don't think I am rubbing anymore. I don't feel it rub like before but it is harder to tell just from the tires since it is already cut from the initial install. The drop will also be important. Your rear will be like mine since you are running fat but I only have it at about a finger gap. I'm not sure what the behavior is if it is dropped more. I am also concerned that you are running different front and rear diameters but that is a separate topic.
Old 11-11-04, 06:41 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

If you REALLY are going for a VIP look, then nothing is too aggressive. You have to play a lot with your camber. I got to fit +24 both in the front and back and in 20s with stretched tires, removing the plastic liners, rolling the fenders a bit, hammering all the metal parts that are sticking out and slamming the car.
Old 11-11-04, 06:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

thanks neo for the info. and yup, 32 front and back on 8.5 and 9.5 is doable, but you need some work done to make it happen, otherwise you will not only rub but you will basically destroy your tires from rubbing.

for the rear, you need to shave at least half of the fender tab. i think al the way up to the bolt so you can still keep the black rubber stripe and it would be enough.

for the front, what i did was the following. 1) heat up the top part of the wheel well flap with heat gun, and push it all the way up. 2) heat the top part of the wheel well flap towards the outside of the fender (you will see the part that drops down), and push it all the way up. 3) you will see clips at 11 and 2 oclock position. remove them, and put the fender flap behind the metal instead of in front (stock). then use the head gun to heat up the two tab, and bend both of them up all the way.

that's what i did and i eliminate almost all rubbing. i still rub when i hit a big dip but it's ok, no big harm done. keep in mind my car is kinda low ,but not slammed. if you drive slammed, you still rub a bit though
Old 11-12-04, 01:23 AM
OneTonVIP
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are after a more VIP look, then those tires are definitely too wide for those wheel widths. You can try a 235/245 combo to get a very minor stretch that will also afford you a tad bit more fender clearance.
Old 11-12-04, 08:21 AM
antbo
Lead Lap

Originally posted by OneTonVIP
If you are after a more VIP look, then those tires are definitely too wide for those wheel widths. You can try a 235/245 combo to get a very minor stretch that will also afford you a tad bit more fender clearance.
but will i still have to mod the fenders?
Old 11-12-04, 08:41 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

but will i still have to mod the fenders?
i would, just to be safe
Old 11-12-04, 09:46 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i got +35 on 19x8.5....and its kinda flush with front fenders....+32 will be nominal....go for it.

+35 w/ 19x9.5 would be flush with rears too....if you have an agressive drop....you may rub...even with stretched tires.....some minor fender rolling or pulling maybe required.
Old 11-12-04, 12:41 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

ok, it sounds like it will work if i stretch the tires and mod my fenders. if i want that slammed look with the specs i have gave. but, i have another question. you think its safe to say that, that is how its gonna work. i mean is it guarantee its gonna work? cuz like everyone else i dont wanna get stuck with somethin thats not gonna work. keep in mind im gonna lower my car the VIP way. tuckin tires at least till the top oof the rim. so please do the math on this one. thanks fellas!

Last edited by antbo; 11-12-04 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-12-04, 01:04 PM
OneTonVIP
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's safe to say you should have no real problems getting those wheels to fit your car, especially if you switch to narrower tires, and roll your fenders. You will find that processing the fenders will gain you a load of clearance, as cars like the Lexus tend to have really wide fender lips. I was told that someone is running a 10.5", +24mm on their GS with no problems, and I just remembered that I recently got these Work Euroline DHs in 19x9", +25mm, and 19x10", +20mm for a GS person... we'll see how well they flush out the fenders...
Old 11-12-04, 01:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ok, it sounds like it will work if i stretch the tires and mod my fenders. if i want that slammed look with the specs i have gave. but, i have another question. you think its safe to say that, that is how its gonna work. i mean is it guarantee its gonna work? cuz like everyone else i dont wanna get stuck with somethin thats not gonna work. keep in mind im gonna lower my car the VIP way. tuckin tires at least till the top oof the rim. so please do the math on this one. thanks fellas!
personally i don't even think you need stretch tires to get it working. just fender work and you are good to go. you can even go to alignment shop and max out your camber just to avoid too bad of a inside wear. if you get more aggressive offset, then you will start to need more negative camber
Old 11-12-04, 01:40 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

coo'. thanks fellas

hey OneTonVIP, you i was those euroline's were actually my first pick. imma PM you right now.

Quick Reply: is +32 offset to aggresive?