Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

? about bbk....

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-04, 02:32 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ? about bbk....

I didn't know they have a 8 pot 380mm setup for the sc430......is their a way to have a 8 pot setup for the gs? the minimum required size for 15" brakes is 19"s right? I just love how this brembo bbk fills up the space. around how much would it cost? how much for installation? where? thanks for the info...peace
cody
Old 11-07-04, 03:48 PM
Shyne
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used to have a brembo brake kit for my other car...there is nothing like fine italian braking i will tell you that much...what sucks is if you drive the car a lot with these brakes they are not really set up for the street applications a whole lot they are competition...the point being is that you will end up spending a ***** load for the brake kit and then having to buy replacement pads and rotors when they go bad at about at about 5-10K miles...if you dare to run through a puddle of water while they are extremely hot, you will warp them and the replacement outer rotor runs any where from $375-575 each...they will tell you the 2 piece floating rotor will not get warped but they will...you really can't dog them either because they will warp easily too... picture 8 piston calipers clamping on that rotor...all im saying is be prepared for a lot of brake dust, running into plenty of hassle getting them to work w/custom wheels and getting them on period, and finally spending a lot money of money left and right...just for brakes man...ive been there and I only had a front end brake kit...Shyne

p.s. if you need real hardcore data information dial 714-641-0104 ...there is a guy in their r & d dept., his name is Jim, he is very knowledgeable about fitments and everything you would want to know about brembo's...he helped me out with plenty of info on numerous occasions...

Last edited by Shyne; 11-07-04 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-07-04, 05:49 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Shyne
i used to have a brembo brake kit for my other car...there is nothing like fine italian braking i will tell you that much...what sucks is if you drive the car a lot with these brakes they are not really set up for the street applications a whole lot they are competition...the point being is that you will end up spending a ***** load for the brake kit and then having to buy replacement pads and rotors when they go bad at about at about 5-10K miles...if you dare to run through a puddle of water while they are extremely hot, you will warp them and the replacement outer rotor runs any where from $375-575 each...they will tell you the 2 piece floating rotor will not get warped but they will...you really can't dog them either because they will warp easily too... picture 8 piston calipers clamping on that rotor...all im saying is be prepared for a lot of brake dust, running into plenty of hassle getting them to work w/custom wheels and getting them on period, and finally spending a lot money of money left and right...just for brakes man...ive been there and I only had a front end brake kit...Shyne

p.s. if you need real hardcore data information dial 714-641-0104 ...there is a guy in their r & d dept., his name is Jim, he is very knowledgeable about fitments and everything you would want to know about brembo's...he helped me out with plenty of info on numerous occasions...

Shyne, if you had a chance to do it over again, would you still get the BBK with all the hassles that you faced?
Old 11-07-04, 10:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default Re: ? about bbk....

Originally posted by aloha03gs

I didn't know they have a 8 pot 380mm setup for the sc430......is their a way to have a 8 pot setup for the gs? the minimum required size for 15" brakes is 19"s right? I just love how this brembo bbk fills up the space. around how much would it cost? how much for installation? where? thanks for the info...peace
cody
i am pretty positive that it's a custom fit. very likely that the brackets are custom made. as long as you have the right bracket you are good to go

with 18s wheels being the minimal requirement for the 14" bbk, i think 19s would be the requirement for 15"? or possibly 20s too

and the price? my feeling is that the 8 pot kits with the 15" rotor, it's about 6k? installation would become negligible, hhahaha, coz' it's only about 200 bucks at most. it's no where cheap bro
Old 11-07-04, 10:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

well most bbk they have street applications pads, which is a lot easier on the rotors than the racing pads. i know brembo, ap racing, and stoptech, they all have that. i got the racing pads for my ap racing in the beginning and now the street pads. it doesn't brake as hard as before but it's a lot better on the dust.

and of course it depends on your braking too. my ap racing rotors, it's been 30k miles and still going strong though yes, replacing them is always not pleasant, hehe
Old 11-10-04, 08:48 PM
Shyne
Driver

D-man, i myself won't go through the hassles of getting a big brake kit...yes, its an added bonus but women don't notice it at all hardly...they notice chrome and that "L" symbol 99% of the time more...if i do anything after i get 20's its going to be more aggressive pad, paint calipers, and add cross-drilled rotors...you don't even need the bbk unless you get a kompressor or a turbo...take those g's and invest it I say...its what i wish i did...Shyne
Old 11-10-04, 08:54 PM
Shyne
Driver

believe me they look sexy as hell...but shh it man i went through a lot of problems and I always wished i just left the braking alone after spending a g on rotors and pads twice + about 3g's just to get them plus intstallation...5 g's could have bought my new 20's...Shyne
Attached Thumbnails ? about bbk....-brembo2.jpg  
Old 11-10-04, 09:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

D-man, i myself won't go through the hassles of getting a big brake kit...yes, its an added bonus but women don't notice it at all hardly...they notice chrome and that "L" symbol 99% of the time more...if i do anything after i get 20's its going to be more aggressive pad, paint calipers, and add cross-drilled rotors...you don't even need the bbk unless you get a kompressor or a turbo...take those g's and invest it I say...its what i wish i did...Shyne
well for the record, you don't really need bbk even if you have FI on your car too they are independent, and most of the bbk are both for looks and performance after putting on my 19s i noticed how silly the stock rotors look in fact i still think my rear rotors are too small, hahah....

but i do agree on the rotors and pads part if you get something too aggresive