Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

I-Forged wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-04, 08:28 PM
Ballzee99
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I-Forged wheels?

I was looking through the vendor section today and came upon a group buy for I-Forged wheels. I am not familiar with the pricing of these wheels so I took it upon myself to do some research on what they cost. So I made a few phone calls and found the same wheels for cheaper and there is no need for a group buy. So my question is. Do they make immatation I-Forged wheels? Please PM me with any info thanks
Old 11-03-04, 08:33 PM
BmoreGS4
Pole Position

Default My 2 cents

I am in no way an expert on this (get @ DGOT20's aka D2Autosports) but that group buy was the best I-forged prices going if someone else has them cheaper than my guess is that they can not be the real deal, check out the iforged website they are going for 1300/rim and the GB was for 2800/complete set if they are cheaper you probaly have to forge them your self
Old 11-03-04, 08:36 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Default Re: My 2 cents

Originally posted by BmoreGS4
if they are cheaper you probaly have to forge them your self
LOL, good one man! Hopefully I will be able to help you with a set of wheels. Please email me the link for wheels that were cheaper and brand new from a vendor. I will let you know if they are of of proper standard or not.

Have a good one.
Old 11-03-04, 08:47 PM
Ballzee99
Driver School Candidate

The guy I talked to said he was a dealer for I-Forged and will beat any price and I told him your price and he said he would beat it without any group buy! I tried to call D2 autosports today but couldn't get through (please hold why the NextTel subscriber is located.....)
Old 11-03-04, 08:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

well unless the guy you talk to is really wiling to do it without making any money off you, i dont' see how he can make the price much lower

plus, another thing to keep in mind, it's the customer service and so. d2autosport (derrick) he has one of the best response i have seen from vendors, so you sure you get all the updates and information you need, whenever you want. if you go with a vendor where you pay the money but not able to talk to the guy again for 6 weeks, that's nothing but worries imho
Old 11-04-04, 12:51 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Be careful when going on price alone. There was one bad incident with an iForged dealer last year that nearly turned many here away from iForged. D2 has brought back some respectibility for the wheels and that is mainlyt because of his helpfulness and service.
Old 11-04-04, 01:45 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I as well look for the "best buy"... But I have learned that with items such as rims that the "lowest" INITIAL price is not always the best way to shop. My reasoning is that there are soooo many sizes and offsets available in rims. If some low budget dealer accidently gets u the wrong offsets on a staggferred set for example.. how responsive is he going to be to rectify the situation.. ? How about manufacturing defects?
I personally would buy a high end set used from a fellow member with references or new from a vendor such as D2 or the other 1one on here...(sorry no offense just can't remember the name)..
.. Just my .02cents...
Old 11-04-04, 05:56 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

This is the problem with AMerica today man, everyone is so focused on price alone they forget the most important part of the process is service.
No offense but if the guy says he will beat any price then my guess is he is hurting for business and needs a quick sale. How is his relationship with iForged? I know D is really good freinds with the head hancho and can get answers rather quickly. I really hop eyou weigh your options because I would hate to see you buy a beautiful set of wheels based on price and never get what you really wanted or needed.
Old 11-04-04, 07:24 AM
Ballzee99
Driver School Candidate

He is a dealer right off the I-Forged website. The guy I contacted was the only one from New Hampshire. Give him a call and tell him your from CL.
Old 11-04-04, 11:38 AM
Ballzee99
Driver School Candidate

I just got off the phone with Paul from Avalon Racing in New Hampshire. I showed him the group buy thread in the CL vendors section and he said he has never sold a pair of I-Forged wheels for that much money before, ever! These wheels are legit because I got his phone number from the I-Forged website and he has been a dealer with them for a long time. Give him a call 603-425-2270 and ask for Paul.
Old 11-04-04, 12:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

must be the contrary, or i have some poor contacts, but personally i haven't really seen prices on iforged lower than what D2 had for the GB.

anyway, i can't say if anyone is fishy here, but just be careful. you can go your route if you want, no one is stopping you. maybe you will get your wheels in a timely fashion and everything works out. all i know is i have heard some bad stories about some iforged reseller before, and to be honest, getting the name off iforged site doesn't really mean much to me.
Old 11-04-04, 12:33 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Ballzee99
He is a dealer right off the I-Forged website. The guy I contacted was the only one from New Hampshire. Give him a call and tell him your from CL.
Hey Drew,

If the dealer from NH is willing to sell you wheels for LESS than the advertised GROUP BUY price, then he is in direct violation of authorized vendor policy. When established as a dealer, there is a certain price structure that must be adhered to. There is a lowest advertised price that cannot be undersold, this is to protect the brand equity and perceived value of the product. This is a normal practice for ALL highline wheels (WALD, HRE, etc)

To verify my pricing, please visit www.e46fanatics.com to find a group buy that was offered by iFORGED, it has identical pricing to mine (they copied my prices). The new clearcoat option adds 600 dollars whereas it was 2-300 before, that is the only difference I can think of. Proceed with caution.

I am sorry you could not reach me via telephone, when I am out of the office, I have my calls forwarded to a mobilephone, if you receive the message prompt, please leave a voicemail and I will contact you.

I also answer all emails in a timely fashion.
Old 11-04-04, 04:38 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Ballzee99
I just got off the phone with Paul from Avalon Racing in New Hampshire. I showed him the group buy thread in the CL vendors section and he said he has never sold a pair of I-Forged wheels for that much money before, ever! These wheels are legit because I got his phone number from the I-Forged website and he has been a dealer with them for a long time. Give him a call 603-425-2270 and ask for Paul.

i believe u that in the sense that the guy is telling u he has lower prices, but if u contact i-forge direct their prices r higher than D2's group buy. also the group buy on e46fanatics is exact to D2 's group buy so that tells u something aswell. i think u have to put size, staggard or not and finish with clearcoat into play hear. also remember i-forge has a all new clearcoat they r offering at a couple hundreds bucks higher than the normal clearcoat. so if u add those things up u might find out if thier really is a difference. also i have to agree that resellers r supposed to have a bottom price that they shouldn't go under so that the equity of the company and product doesn't drop. with all that said if u still feel u'r guy is better cuz he "says" the price will be lower than by all means just order them from him and c how it goes instead of coming on and questioning a vendor for his sell prices...
Old 11-04-04, 06:28 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

Unless that guy can save over $500.00 (under D's Price), im happy with my purchase. The problem i have with things like this, is that too often do you get things for cheaper and don't get the service needed. I can tell you that the vendors here are "vendors" for a reason, They are trusted people that will go out of their way to make sure they do things right. I would recomend Derrick to ANYONE. I've never had someone answer my questions, and keep me updated, like he has.

Best of luck with your purchase, keep us updated

-future note, Make sure you can get a written quote (people can say things, just to get you to buy. then the extra expences come out). before you post about someone else's prices. Nothing against you, but that stuff can be damaging to business in the longrun.

J
Old 11-04-04, 07:26 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

D's prices for iforged were/are very good...

i dont know anything about his service... because i havnt bought from him, only gotten a quote... and he was very quick on responding..... ive only heard good things about D...

anyhow... if you (Ballzee99) get a better price from another vendor.... and the xperience goes well.... let us know
compitetion in business is always good for the consumer

Last edited by CamRen; 11-04-04 at 07:27 PM.

Quick Reply: I-Forged wheels?