Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Supra TT brakes w/38 offset on my SC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-04, 11:18 AM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Supra TT brakes w/38 offset on my SC?

OK I know this topic has been beat to death in the forum and yes I tried the search buttons but I still am unsure. I want to put the Supra TT brakes on my 97 sc400 and I need to know if they will fit. I recently purchased some 18” wheels with an offset of 38 mm.
Here is the thread to what wheels I ended up with.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=128837
Does anyone know if they will fit?
Is there some measurement I could take with the wheels installed to verify they will fit?
I’m trying to close a deal on some Brakes but need to know before I get myself into a bad situation.
Old 09-20-04, 12:35 PM
speedking
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Supra TT brakes w/38 offset on my SC?

Originally posted by ScottURnot

Does anyone know if they will fit?
Is there some measurement I could take with the wheels installed to verify they will fit?
I’m trying to close a deal on some Brakes but need to know before I get myself into a bad situation.
The Supra TT brakes are a no-brainer for install other than cutting away your stock dust shields.

As for if they will work with the wheels you purchased, the question you need to be asking is are the wheels 'high disk" or "low disk". You will need high disk wheels to clear the Supra TT calipers. Use the 'search' button to gain an understanding of what 'high disk' is as it's not the easiest thing to explain.

If your wheels are Supra TT fitment wheels, you shoudn't have any problems. If not, you'd better check. If you know anyone with a Supra TT that you could test fit your wheel on, that would answer the question as well.

Good luck....
Old 09-21-04, 02:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i agree, knowing the offset doesn't really mean much to whether the wheel will fit. to fit the tt brakes, you really better get something with some sort of high disk application