Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

looking for nice 18s or 19s for gs

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-04, 01:10 AM
elclassico
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for nice 18s or 19s for gs

looking for black rims or gunmetal? maybe with polished lip? 18s or 19s? any suggestions? on a side note my tires on the 18s i have now have just started making road noise? can this be due to under or overinflated tires? im at 34 psi cold now? bridgestones? help me out if you can , thanx!!!
Old 06-29-04, 01:30 AM
elclassico
Lead Lap

anyone know where to get the ls430 stock 18s? besides the dealer ship?
Old 06-29-04, 12:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

carson toyota?

but the ls430 sport 18s they are only 7.5" wide right? the stock GS wheels are already 8 wide
Old 06-29-04, 01:26 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont get the Black or Gunmetal wheels w/ polished lips... That looks SOOOO Ghetto! You drive a LEXUS.... dont be a Ricer!!! Black wheels are FUGGLY!!!
Old 06-29-04, 02:20 PM
FooFoo
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by UptownGS
Dont get the Black or Gunmetal wheels w/ polished lips... That looks SOOOO Ghetto! You drive a LEXUS.... dont be a Ricer!!! Black wheels are FUGGLY!!!
Please define "ghetto"? So "ghetto" and "ricer" are the same thing now?

I disagree if the rims are nice on the right color car and the right drop they can look sweet. So to generalize and say black/gun metal rims are ghetto or ricer is quite lame. No offence but I have seen many rides with black and gun mental rims that would shame your car big time. ie. HRE

Last edited by FooFoo; 06-29-04 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-29-04, 03:48 PM
Brandon@TR
Former Sponsor

Default Black

Not sure about black but I think light grey or anthracite looks hot on GS. Check out www.tirerack.com and look at some differet color wheels for your car!

Last edited by Brandon@TR; 06-29-04 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-29-04, 05:38 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by FooFoo
Please define "ghetto"? So "ghetto" and "ricer" are the same thing now?

I disagree if the rims are nice on the right color car and the right drop they can look sweet. So to generalize and say black/gun metal rims are ghetto or ricer is quite lame. No offence but I have seen many rides with black and gun mental rims that would shame your car big time. ie. HRE
I'm sorry my car doesn't live up to most cars out there but I'm just pointing the guy into another direction..... EITHER way.... FOR BOTH our sakes.... DONT GO BLACK!!! if anything stick to Gunmetal ....PLEASE!!! Black is Ghettto!!!! you wouldn't like it.... I should know
Old 06-29-04, 05:45 PM
elclassico
Lead Lap

Originally posted by UptownGS
opinions are like a holes... i personally like black wheels, maybe without the polished lips? i like gun metal too. i want to be fuggly i guess as you call it. im trying to stay away from the bling bling look. and more on the performance side. what rims do you have uptown? i can give you my opinion on them...anyways thanx for sharing...

as far as the ls430 sport package rims they are 18x 7.5 does anyone know if they would fit a gs? i would assume so? i got a quote from one dealer at 585 each. going to contact carson, they can do a little better im sure. thats is kind of weird, youd think they would be at least 18x8? the stock 17s on a gs are 17x 8 right? anyways most more thoughts, i want to hear what youall think, thanx!

maybe i can wait until the 2005 gs comes out and get a set of those 18s????

Last edited by elclassico; 06-29-04 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-29-04, 06:10 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Sorry bro... just tryin' to keep black on BLack a little more rare. I'm not yet ready to switch up colors just yet... but I already know how my next set of wheels are gonna turn out like. IMO.... pending on your future exterior mods and the look you intend on presenting..... BLack on Black can really enhance the sleekness and compliment areas you want to smooth.

here are mine.... if your car is Black then I say go black..... but if its not.... I'd say go w/ gunmetal w/ polished lip. One thing though is that you gotta clean these like your car.... practically every 3 days it starts getting really dirty already.
Attached Thumbnails looking for nice 18s or 19s for gs-gs2.jpg  
Old 06-29-04, 06:18 PM
elclassico
Lead Lap

Default LOL^

thats cool, i understand. but those rims look nice in my opinion, the color of the car is millenium silver, not black. my opinion of your rims are i like how it looks, dont worry most people with a lexus will go chrome regardless. whats the size on those??? take care bro!
Old 06-29-04, 06:52 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Oooh Thank god your silver..... hehehe then IMHO you definitely want to go gunmetal. Search around various rides.... Black kinda overpowers the Silver theme... but if you have other dark area's on the car such as the headlights... windows ....etc etc.... then yea the black would work for you. Otherwise stick to GunMetal....

My wheels are 19" staggered. Fat tire setup. w/ GunMetal you'll still have to clean the wheels quite a bit..... I think its up there w/ black as far as upkeeping.... but thats the price you pay for the I still think Silver on Silver is classic.....

if you went w/ GunMetal or black.... i think you should change all the chrome pinstripes and accents on the car to GunMetal or Black. Well not that you should but I think that would really flow well. I say go w/ a silver setup w/ high polished lip.... get some Titanium tint and leave your headlights alone... that would be the cheapest way to achieve the

Goodluck w/ your moddin' Just do what you really want to do down inside.... it'll turn out great no matter how other people view it. The feeling of satisfaction is really all worth it.
Old 06-30-04, 02:27 PM
elclassico
Lead Lap

Default ?

its more of a sedan rim then a sporty rim. i think im holding off for now. thanx to all for your responses

Last edited by elclassico; 06-30-04 at 10:36 PM.