Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Installed new Tein CS Coil overs

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-04, 11:03 AM
CaliSC430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed new Tein CS Coil overs

This goes out to all of you who have installed Tein CS coil overs. I just had them installed in my SC yesterday and now I am experiencing some technical difficulty. The ABS, VCS, and VCS off lights are now on. I have taken it to two shops and they recommend going to the dealership. I have made an appointment to go in tomorrow but I wanted to see if any of you have experienced the same problems. Thanks.
Old 06-04-04, 11:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow ait, this is bad. how can install of the coilover mess up those stuff. you better go back to the shop you got them installed? at least they have to reimburse whatever cost dealership charges you

and just throwing out rocks, could it be that the abs sensors are touched?
Old 06-04-04, 01:49 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Maybe when the shop was trying to install the front suspension, they had a hard time get them in, so they will have to hammered the front lower control arms to get the shocks in.
Old 06-04-04, 02:00 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear about the problem. Mine went in without a hitch. Although I have a GS, there are other SC guys who put it on without problems either. Time to take it back to the installer to inquire on what they did.
Old 06-04-04, 04:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i remember reading someting like this before and it ends up being the abs sensors and stuff being knocked loose during install, costing the guy 100 bucks or so at the dealership to just plug it back in. he got reimbursed by the shop installing the coilovers. that's why i said you might wanna check on that
Old 06-04-04, 11:58 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Default Re: Installed new Tein CS Coil overs

Originally posted by CaliSC430
This goes out to all of you who have installed Tein CS coil overs. I just had them installed in my SC yesterday and now I am experiencing some technical difficulty. The ABS, VCS, and VCS off lights are now on. I have taken it to two shops and they recommend going to the dealership. I have made an appointment to go in tomorrow but I wanted to see if any of you have experienced the same problems. Thanks.
Who did the install?
Old 06-05-04, 12:22 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Yup, Rominl is correct. The shop by mistake must have pulled or yanked on the sensor wires causing them to throw the error codes. Your two options are to have them take your wheel off and look for the sensors to see if something came disconnected or go to the dealership and have them look. If any of the wires broke off, it will cost ya some $$$. Hopefully everything goes well.
Old 06-05-04, 09:27 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

lxo is right , if they did not remove the bracket that holds the wire assembly to the body its a gurantee they strained the abs wires.... it cannot be fixed it must be replaced and the codes reoved by the dealers computer

good luck and sorry it happened but it happened to me once as well while i was rushing
Old 06-15-04, 09:14 AM
CaliSC430
Driver School Candidate

Default Fixed

Thanks for the info everyone. Seems that the shop didnt know what they were doing and did strain the abs wires. I took it to the dealer and they took care of it for me. I now has a lexus mechanic that will work on my car.
Old 06-15-04, 09:24 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Glad that everything is fixed. Hopefully you were get charged a lot