Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Help! Read Before You Buy Zenetti Wheels

Old 04-30-04, 02:09 PM
Jmaal13
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Read Before You Buy Zenetti Wheels

Jmaal13 wrote on 04-30-04 16:49:
well what do you think I should do.

First here is the situation. I bought a set of 20 inch zenetti FIVEs.
after 5 days the wheel began to peal. I could notice that the other 3 wheels will peal.
So my rim shop sent all four wheels to zenetti. After waiting about a month, I finally heard
a response. Zenetti says only one is pealing and they will only ship 1 new wheel. But guess what?
I have to pay for shipping for the other three. (strike 1) Since I have waited so long for my wheels, I just
paid for shipping so I can enjoy my Lexus. The wheels finally get to the shop and they put them on.
I get home from the shop only to notice that the new wheel they sent me, has a chunk of chrome missing
from it. At that time I said oh well I will just live with it. But here it is, 3 weeks later, and a different wheel is peeling. I want to talk to the corporate office because this is clearly horrible costomer service as well as a terrible set of wheels. Sorry that took so long to say, but to be honest, that is only the half of it.
I need some help. If anyone can help me find the corporate information, that would be greatly appreciated.
I only have the sales number.
Old 04-30-04, 02:11 PM
Jmaal13
Rookie

Default The new wheel

This was the wheel that replaced the original peeling wheel. (photo taken 30 mins after being put on)
Attached Thumbnails Help! Read Before You Buy Zenetti Wheels-wheel1.jpg  
Old 04-30-04, 02:12 PM
Jmaal13
Rookie

Did I mention that this wheel is NEW.
Old 04-30-04, 02:15 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Dang dude...if you posted earlier and asked the forum about Zennetti wheels....I would have told you the horror stories I was told by my local wheel shops who sold them.

Same things bro.....chrome were peeling like crazy. They sent back 2 sets of wheels after customer complaints. They dont carry Zennetti now cuz the crappy quality of the chrome + it was a headache for them.
Old 04-30-04, 02:19 PM
Jmaal13
Rookie

Default THIS IS WHY I KNEW THE OTHER WHEELS WOULD PEEL

I KNEW THE OTHER WHEELS WOULD PEEL, JUST LOOK AT THE HOLES FOR THE LUGS.
(TAKEN 5 DAYS AFTER THE ORIGINAL SET WAS BOUGHT)
ZENETTI'S RESPONSE: NONE OF THE WHEELS ARE CHROME ON THE INSIDE OF THE LUG HOLES.
Attached Thumbnails Help! Read Before You Buy Zenetti Wheels-wheel2.jpg  
Old 04-30-04, 02:20 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

sorry to hear that bro

reggiek just had the same problem with zenetti his chrome day by day was fading away his wheel shop took them back and he's getting some brand new custom made ?????? its a secret
Old 04-30-04, 02:28 PM
Jmaal13
Rookie

OK SO ZENETTI SAYS IT'S NOT CHROME ON THE INSIDE AT ALL. HMM LETS TAKE A LOOK AT THE NEW WHEEL AGAIN.
REMEMBER, NOT CHROME AT ALL IN THE LUG NUT HOLES.
Attached Thumbnails Help! Read Before You Buy Zenetti Wheels-wheel3.jpg  
Old 04-30-04, 02:34 PM
Jmaal13
Rookie

REMEMBER, NOT CHROME ON THAT PART OF THE WHEEL. IT SEEMS THAT WHOEVER PLATED THESE FOUND OUT THAT INFO HALF WAY THROUGH THE PROCESS.
Attached Thumbnails Help! Read Before You Buy Zenetti Wheels-wheel4.jpg  
Old 04-30-04, 02:37 PM
Jmaal13
Rookie

HEY GUYS, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.
ALSO SEE IF YOU CAN FIND CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS.
THE WEBSITE LISTS THE SALES NUMBER AND EMAIL.
Old 04-30-04, 02:45 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Why don't you take them back to the local shop you bought them from? Make them take care of this for you.

The local shop should take them back and return it to Zennetti as defective.
Old 04-30-04, 02:53 PM
Jmaal13
Rookie

THAT IS ANOTHER ISSUE. THE SHOP SENT THEM OFF IN THE FIRST PLACE, THEY ENDED UP BEING SO BUSY THAT IT TOOK THEM TWICE AS LONG TO CONTACT ZENETTI AFTER THEY SHIPPED THEM OFF. SO I HAD TO CONTACT THEM DIRECTLY TO GET THE BALL MOVING. THAT IS WHY I WILL NOT BUY FROM THE SHOP AGAIN NOR ZENETTI. DID I NEGLECT TO MENTION THAT THE SHOP LOST MY TIRES DURING ALL OF THIS. THEY DID, HOWEVER, REPLACE THEM.
Old 04-30-04, 02:53 PM
LEXO
Driver

Zenetti's sucks ***** !! When I first got my GS, it had a set of Zenetti's on, I think they were called the VEGAS, but long story short, All of the rims had chrome peeling from it, and on top of that, 3 of the 4 rims were bent. Poor quality on everything, granted I was the second owner but still. I also bought a new set of 20's. Trust me, Sell the Zenetti's, and get another brand.
Old 04-30-04, 02:57 PM
Jmaal13
Rookie

AND ZENETTI SAID NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH THE OTHER THREE WHEELS.
EVERYONE CAN SEE THIS IN THE PICS CAN'T YOU.
Old 04-30-04, 03:33 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default zenetti crap

Here's my story:
I got my zenetti five's in Dec. Two or 3 weeks later I notice a spot where there was no chrome, only bare surface. It was small but I could see it was getting bigger week by week. It was noticeable only to me so I tried to live with it. Then I noticed the same thing on another wheel. I went to my local wheel shop, they replaced the wheels after contacting zenetti. Two weeks ago, I notice the new wheel has a wrinkled surface, like the chrome is going to just pop off. Another wheel has a 1x1 inch space where there is no chrome. You can see yellow/brownish surface and no chrome. You can see it will get bigger because there are wrinkles around it. I went back to the wheel shop and ask for my money back toward the purchase of new wheels. I have been using my wheel shop for 15 yrs, they are good about satisfying their customers. Especially ones like me who have spent so much money. I don't want to brag, they could have easily given me a hard time. I am fortunate to have bought from them and to have established a good relationship. I have bought more wheels than I can remember. This is the first time I have experienced something like this.
DON'T BUY ZENETTI!!!!!

Last edited by Ice350; 04-30-04 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-30-04, 04:03 PM
Jmaal13
Rookie

unfortunately my shop doesn't want to be responsible. So they do a half *** job. Which is why I will open my own shop soon, and customer service will be our first priority.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help! Read Before You Buy Zenetti Wheels