Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Wheel Counseling Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-04, 10:17 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Wheel Counseling Please

Guys, I'm in pretty bad shape in the wheel department. Since I bought the car (1996 SC400) over a year and a half ago all I've really wanted to do was upgrade the rims. See, right now they're some ghetto three spoke chrome rims and the chrome is falling off and well, they suck. So around Christmas I bought some used TT rims. I took them to be refinished and what was supposed to be a 3 week job turned into a 3 month job, and they're stillnot finished. The guy's in the hospital, there have been delay blah blah blah. Also, in the time the rims have been there I've been doubting whether or not it was worth paying all the money for something I'm not totally happy with anyway. He said they would be done today or free so I'm holding him to that and making him finish them, which is allowing me to save a lot.

Anyways, back to business. I need some rims. The 17's are gonna be too small and can be my winter, beater, track rims whatever but I would really like something nice. Did I mention I'm clueless on wheel brands and who makes what style? I would really be interested in 18's or 19's for a reasonable price (I'm still in highschool) and if possible, some sort of lip. I'm open to chrome, polished, gun metal, black, all the options but would like to stay away from too heavy of a mesh style ala BBS. Please guys, any help would be very appreciated. You experts can consider me your little project and try out anything on your minds. Thanks a lot.

James
Old 04-29-04, 10:27 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tell us your budget..
Old 04-29-04, 10:56 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

I'd like to stay under $1500 if possible. That number's not definite though, so there's a cushion to play with.

James
Old 04-30-04, 02:51 AM
pvo
Lead Lap

I am trying to sell a one month old wheels https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...readid=110086. These fit your car. You have to buy new center rings which should be very cheap and tires because these tires won't fit SC.

You can check it out at tirerack.com to have an idea what they look like on your car. PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by pvo; 04-30-04 at 02:56 AM.
Old 04-30-04, 03:07 AM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

find someone to pick up these wheels from me and you'll get ridiculously cheap wheels only if you get them picked up this weekend~!!!! check in the wheel classifieds. I'm too lazy to cut n paste. I wont do shippping unless you set up for the UPS guy to come pick these up at my house. I'm in Orange County, CA.
Old 04-30-04, 02:28 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the replies guys. In regards to the Inoxs, I've always liked them and a member (SC400nitrous or something) has them on his black SC. Look good IMO. In regards to the TRD ones, I don't think that style would suit the SC. IS, yes they look great but I dunno about the SC. Keep 'em coming if you can. Anyone have ideas for something dark, maybe gunmetal...?

James
Old 04-30-04, 05:42 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

if you were in CA, i can get your rims fixed within 3 days! if you want to powder coat your rims, it's only $75 each.
Old 04-30-04, 08:59 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by AutoCoutureSC
if you were in CA, i can get your rims fixed within 3 days! if you want to powder coat your rims, it's only $75 each.
Man...this is the kind of stuff that ticks me off! Honsetly, that's amazing because the guy was trying to rip me off big time but I'm glad it turned out this way. $300 sounds so good. I dunno if this would be asking too much but do you think the shop would even mess with them if I had them shipped, because everywhere I know of around here is charging an arm and a leg. Still open to all sorts of ideas. Anything's an improvement!

James